- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Don’t miss your favorite shows or must-see soccer matches.
Cutting the cord with your cable company and joining the world of streaming TV is a breeze, but it’s still important to ensure that your DVR needs are getting met. DVR is standard with some live TV streaming services, but they all operate a little differently. FuboTV may be an upstart in TV streaming, but its impressive package of international sports channels makes it an attractive one. Before you jump in, here’s everything you need to know about FuboTV DVR.
FuboTV DVR cost
DVR is included with the price of your FuboTV service. Subscribers get 30 hours of free cloud DVR space, with more available for an added charge. Upgrading your storage to 500 hours of DVR space is an extra $9.99 per month. FuboTV memberships start at $44.99 per month, with the first month for just $39.99.
You can read more about FuboTV’s membership tiers here.
How FuboTV DVR works
FuboTV has cloud DVR, which means your recordings are uploaded online for viewing on any Fubo-equipped device synced with your account. Anyone who’s used a DVR before will be immediately familiar with FuboTVs interface; just find the program you want, hit record, and enjoy later. You don’t need to be there when a show starts to record it.
One of FuboTVs best features is the ability to start a recording at any time and still record the whole show. If you stumble upon a program already in progress and hit record, your FuboTV DVR will copy the entire show from the beginning. This feature makes it easy to quickly fill up your DVR with random shows.
More good news: FuboTV has the most generous rules about how long you can keep DVR content. Your DVR recordings last as long as you’re a subscriber or until you run out of storage space. That means if you’ve got a favorite episode of something, you won’t have to worry about it automatically deleting itself after a month like some services. Or you can spring for the $9.99-per-month extended DVR plan, which gives you 500 hours of space.
FuboTV DVR limitations
While FuboTV deserves credit for it’s “record any time” feature, there is one drawback. For most FuboTV users, DVR’d shows won’t be available until one hour after the recording is done. The exception to this rule is users watching on Apple TV, iPhone, and iPad, which are the only devices at the moment supporting the instant DVR feature. Those three devices can watch their recordings instantaneously.
FuboTV has incredible coverage for Fox, CBS, and NBC across America, so no matter where you live the service should have most of your local channels. But FuboTV does not currently support ABC. (Here’s a complete guide to FuboTV channels.)
Subscribers can record almost anything on local TV, except for blacked-out sporting events. There may be a few local channels nationwide that FuboTV does not have permission to record, but there’s no public listing of them and those channels are outliers. As with every streaming TV service, if a show is not available, you’ll be notified when you attempt to start your recording.
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, Sundance TV, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Willow, AMC, FX, Fox News, Freeform, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Tennis Channel, Golf Channel, Syfy, HGTV, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Bravo, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, Comedy Central, Food Network, TLC, HLN, A&E, Animal Planet, National Geographic, the Weather Channel, the History Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.