- Camila María Concepcíon, trans activist and Netflix writer, dies at 28 Thursday 5:46 PM
- Chrissy Teigen calls out fan who made weird comment about her daughter’s feet Thursday 4:57 PM
- TikTok’s ‘clean queen’ says videos are helping her figure out ‘adulting’ Thursday 4:12 PM
- Clearview clients include ICE, Macy’s, Best Buy, leaked data reveals Thursday 4:08 PM
- Women are clamoring to get their photos on a Twitter feed of ‘hot mugshots’ Thursday 4:06 PM
- ‘Love Is Blind’ finale: Somehow, real love emerged from this dystopian setting Thursday 3:57 PM
- Creator of ‘Say So’ TikTok dance appears in Doja Cat music video Thursday 3:51 PM
- Is TikTok’s algorithm actually pretty racist? Thursday 3:45 PM
- Fans freaking out over ‘Say My Name’ horror remix featured in Jordan Peele’s ‘Candyman’ Thursday 3:33 PM
- CDC graphic warns most facial hair isn’t compatible with coronavirus protection measures Thursday 1:31 PM
- Tutoring website refuses to take down ad sexualizing Asian women Thursday 1:24 PM
- MSNBC pundit loses air time after saying Sanders staffers are ‘island of misfit Black girls’ Thursday 12:36 PM
- Court says YouTube isn’t subject to First Amendment scrutiny Thursday 11:06 AM
- Russian models are Instagramming life in Wuhan Thursday 11:00 AM
- Hilary Duff suggests ‘Lizzie McGuire’ revival was halted over adult storylines Thursday 10:37 AM
Could there be anymore Friends fan theories? Yes, yes there can – and this one seems to be sticking with many.
The Twitter world recently exploded when one user, @TheTedFox, struck a chord with ’90s fans while questioning one character’s pose on the Friends season 4 box.
All six Friends are pictured lying in bed together, however Rachel’s (Jennifer Aniston) eyes are the only ones open. Not only are they open, they appear wide-eyed, almost as if she’s gazing off into a fantasy.
That’s all it took for Friends fans across the globe to explode into a plethora of replies.
Some believe the pose emphasizes Rachel being the only “woke” member of the crew.
Jokes aside, Rachel was very woke in her interview with Mr. Zelner… they might be on to something.
Others theorized a darker answer—Rachel murdered all of the Friends, so she’s the only one left alive.
The majority of replies, however, landed on the answer that it was all Rachel’s dream. Yes, all of it. From the season opener, with Rachel sitting in the dress she’s supposed to get married in, all of it was a fabricated dream in order to escape the reality of her future, unhappy life with Barry. One fan in particular, user @lovetherobot, tweeted his theory with a full explanation.
So did she ever waitress at the Central Perk? Date her assistant, Tad? GO ON A BREAK WITH ROSS? Were these all just made-up events?!
Let’s all just agree it’s a moo point.
Samantha Reichstein is a former intern for the Daily Dot whose work focused on entertainment and politics. She's written for the Bump, the Nest, the Knot, the Austin American-Statesman, Austin Way Magazine, and Broadway World TV.