- Bug lets Twitter save your DMs—even after you delete them Friday 7:21 PM
- Guy mansplains song to Japanese Breakfast, the female artist who wrote the song Friday 6:38 PM
- Ann Coulter’s Twitter bio links to a vulgar parody account Friday 5:22 PM
- Popular YouTube music channel gets income yanked for ‘repetitious’ content Friday 4:14 PM
- New website will endlessly generate fake faces thanks to AI Friday 3:41 PM
- Man fakes getting stood up at Outback Steakhouse Friday 3:03 PM
- FCC looks to tackle robocalls and spoofed texts Friday 2:57 PM
- How to protect yourself from the data breach that affected 744 million accounts Friday 12:56 PM
- How to stream Rob Brant vs. Khasan Baysangurov online for free Friday 12:21 PM
- No, Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t have her boyfriend on her payroll Friday 12:20 PM
- Writers want this book canceled for misgendering its protagonist Friday 12:15 PM
- Trump Jr’s meme about his dad’s border wall doesn’t get how Congress works Friday 11:44 AM
- FBI reportedly looking into Ryan Adams’ communications with underage girl Friday 11:25 AM
- Trump does Chinese accent, declares national emergency, bewilders the internet Friday 11:21 AM
- Chrissy Teigen throws shade at Logan Paul-Kaitlin Bennett pairing Friday 10:48 AM
Friend goes viral for congratulating friend for losing his virginity, because of course
A dude named Scott recently had sex for the first time. One of Scott’s friends wanted to pay tribute to this very important notch on the belt called manhood, so, naturally, he turned to Fiverr. There, he found a voiceover actor to play the role of a doctor checking out the results of Scott’s medical tests.
Yes, the actor/doctor could confirm after consulting with his clipboard: Scott was no longer a virgin.
Then, Scott’s friend put it all on YouTube for the world to see. Despite the toxic masculine trope of celebrating a guy who has sex as some kind of victory, the video has gone viral clip, trending on Reddit and racking up nearly 200,000 views in the day after it was uploaded.
In “Congrats Scott!” voiceover artist Frank George plays the part of doctor inspecting virginity, totally not like the deeply sexist practice of “inspecting” women for purity before marriage. It’s cool, though, because the dude who made the video probably hadn’t even considered that reference, since jokes about proving women’s chastity and men’s prowess are old hat.
“All right!” the actor exclaimed. “The tests have come back, and Scott is no longer a virgin. It says so here. We were all surprised, right? But we must take time to congratulate this boy and welcome him as a man.’
Then, he dabbed, because, of course.
According to YouTuber RJ Raccoon, who is apparently one of Scott’s friends, he paid $20 to George to rush-order the performance. Otherwise, it’s normally $10 for the actor to provide a 150-word message within three days complete with an HD video, a custom outfit, and a custom background. The clipboard, we assume, was included in the price—it’s unclear if the dab is negotiable.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.