- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film 5 Months Ago
- Elizabeth Warren calls on Congress to impeach Trump Today 3:43 PM
- BlackBerry Messenger is still a thing—but not for much longer Today 2:56 PM
- Matt Gaetz hires speechwriter fired by White House for attending white nationalist event Today 1:33 PM
- Here’s why Elon Musk is a sheep on Twitter Today 12:14 PM
- Trump is already running Facebook ads on the Mueller report Today 12:07 PM
- 20 thoughtful gifts grads actually want Today 12:00 PM
- 7 of the best psychological thriller movies on Shudder Today 11:44 AM
- Seth Abramson’s epic Mueller thread finally comes to a conclusion Today 11:40 AM
- Netflix is testing out a random play feature Today 11:28 AM
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank Today 10:55 AM
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free Today 10:42 AM
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
Friend goes viral for congratulating friend for losing his virginity, because of course
A dude named Scott recently had sex for the first time. One of Scott’s friends wanted to pay tribute to this very important notch on the belt called manhood, so, naturally, he turned to Fiverr. There, he found a voiceover actor to play the role of a doctor checking out the results of Scott’s medical tests.
Yes, the actor/doctor could confirm after consulting with his clipboard: Scott was no longer a virgin.
Then, Scott’s friend put it all on YouTube for the world to see. Despite the toxic masculine trope of celebrating a guy who has sex as some kind of victory, the video has gone viral clip, trending on Reddit and racking up nearly 200,000 views in the day after it was uploaded.
In “Congrats Scott!” voiceover artist Frank George plays the part of doctor inspecting virginity, totally not like the deeply sexist practice of “inspecting” women for purity before marriage. It’s cool, though, because the dude who made the video probably hadn’t even considered that reference, since jokes about proving women’s chastity and men’s prowess are old hat.
“All right!” the actor exclaimed. “The tests have come back, and Scott is no longer a virgin. It says so here. We were all surprised, right? But we must take time to congratulate this boy and welcome him as a man.’
Then, he dabbed, because, of course.
According to YouTuber RJ Raccoon, who is apparently one of Scott’s friends, he paid $20 to George to rush-order the performance. Otherwise, it’s normally $10 for the actor to provide a 150-word message within three days complete with an HD video, a custom outfit, and a custom background. The clipboard, we assume, was included in the price—it’s unclear if the dab is negotiable.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.