- Sebastian Gorka blocks pundit over Fleshlight joke Today 1:56 AM
- Woman slammed for trying to put UPS driver on blast Sunday 5:23 PM
- Twitter users are sharing which celebrities have blocked them Sunday 4:43 PM
- Conspiracy theorists are already taking advantage of Kobe Bryant’s death Sunday 4:14 PM
- Adam Driver returns to ‘SNL’ as Kylo Ren to reprise role in ‘Undercover Boss’ parody Sunday 3:46 PM
- White men are raging over ‘SNL’s’ white male rage skit Sunday 3:05 PM
- Kobe Bryant dead at 41 Sunday 2:24 PM
- Pete Buttigieg mocked over ‘staged’ walking photo Sunday 12:22 PM
- Louise Linton deletes pro-Greta Thunberg Instagram post Sunday 10:58 AM
- ‘Crip Camp’ shows how a radical summer camp was monumental to the disability rights movement Sunday 9:08 AM
- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Sunday 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Sunday 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Sunday 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
Listen to Ser Loras Tyrell’s fire mixtape
As Game of Thrones became a pop culture phenomenon, fans began to learn about the actors’ previous ventures; the revelation that Hodor (played by Kristian Nairn until the character’s heartbreaking departure this season) had a thriving career as a DJ was one of the more surprising. And while many of the show’s actors have musical ties, he’s not the only DJ on the cast.
Earlier this week, Uproxx discovered a track from Finn Jones, a promising DJ you’ll recognize more as Ser Loras Tyrell and Marvel’s Iron Fist. His Good Vibrations: Odyssey mix isn’t new by any means—Jones posted the mix to Soundcloud in June 2015—but for those who are late to the party it’s an innovative track that can easily get a crowd going and serve as decent writing music.
Jones’s SoundCloud only has the one mix so far, but slow burner that comes in waves as more people discover that not only is Jones creating music—it’s also great.
I had no idea the actor that played “Ser Loras” is a DJ too…
— Monique (@MoniqueOnTheMic) September 13, 2016
Finn Jones DJ’d the last night of Imperial Freshers last year.
LAST YEAR 😧😧😧
— Chris Tyson (@tyzyn) October 2, 2015
WAHT FINN JONES IS ALSO A DJ OMG LORAS LABYU 5EVER
— dan limbaroc? (@impedanceee) July 12, 2015
Okay so Finn Jones, aka See Loras Tyrell is dj-ing in fresher’s week in Cov, SWEET.
— Sarah (@SarahIsClueless) September 15, 2015
For Jones, DJing was like a hobby that he did in his bedroom, but Nairn encouraged him to pursue it and helped him book a 20-city tour in the U.K.—a move that did wonders for his confidence—and he’s performed at stops on Nairn’s Rave of Thrones tour.
“I went from DJing in my bedroom or at small parties for friends, just kind of intimate, small, nice, to suddenly going on this tour around the U.K.,” Jones told Vulture in 2015. “DJing to thousands of people. Kristian was my friend before, but he’s definitely helped me out in that respect, and becoming more confident to playing to a crowd. He pretty much forced me to go out there, and I love it. It’s such a cool pastime to have.”
And while Jones hasn’t released anything else in awhile, he’ll have a growing audience for it when he does.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.