- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
- The Phillie Phanatic mascot unveils a slimmer makeover Monday 11:56 AM
- YouTuber threatened with arrest after rapping about being a girl from Mecca Monday 11:55 AM
- Video shows flat-Earther ‘daredevil’ crashing to death after homemade rocket fails Monday 11:49 AM
On Friday night, Eminem was apparently feeling “nostalgic about battle rap,” which lead to the release of “Kick Off,” an 11-minute freestyle that checks Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, and Reese Witherspoon.
The release of BODIED has me feeling nostalgic about battle rap so I headed down to my old stomping grounds, Hit the link for 10+ minutes of it 🔊 “Kick Off" (Freestyle) - https://t.co/gR49ti7sVI pic.twitter.com/GzSmYlmaaW— Marshall Mathers (@Eminem) December 1, 2018
Filmed at his “old stomping grounds”—St. Andrew’s Hall in Detroit—Eminem starts off rapping about suicide bombers and references Grande’s 2017 Manchester concert where a bombing killed 22 people. (Eminem helped raise money for the families.)
He goes on to mention Bieber, Witherspoon, Dr. Dre, Jada Pinkett, and Laci Peterson. He also freestyles about his balls, and choking women.
This has been an exhaustive year of Em beefs: In August he released Kamikaze, which name-dropped Tyler the Creator, Lil Pump, and President Donald Trump (again). Around the same time, he engaged in a freestyle beef with Machine Gun Kelly, which might have just been some well-crafted PR. Bhad Bhabie’s fans also came for him, after some accused Eminem of lifting beats for Kamikaze from the 15-year-old rapper’s song “Hi Bich.”
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.