- Tulsi Gabbard was conservatives’ favorite debater 2 Years Ago
- ‘Rogue One’ co-writer to direct several episodes, write the pilot for Cassian Andor series 2 Years Ago
- ‘The Two Popes’: Anthony Hopkins and Jonathan Pryce shine in Netflix’s pope comedy Today 8:57 AM
- AOC, ‘Squad’ to endorse Bernie Sanders Today 8:44 AM
- ‘Ghosts of Sugar Land’ explores what happens if your friend joins ISIS Today 7:00 AM
- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
A post shared by Ed Sheeran (@teddysphotos) on
Yes, the famed singer said on Saturday he’s engaged to his longtime girlfriend Cherry Seaborn, and apparently, even his cats are ecstatic about the upcoming nuptials.
According to the BBC, the two began dating in high school and that she’s a hockey star who helped the junior English team win a bronze medal at the European Championships in 2012.
Sheeran previously said that a break from music in 2016 helped his romantic relationship.
“This has been the first time I’ve ever actually had the time to fall in love properly,” he said, via BBC. “I’ve always got into relationships very passionately—I’m a redhead and also Irish … I’m ready, let’s go—tour bus babies, little fat, chubby babies that just walk around.”
As Buzzfeed points out, Sheeran said he wrote his hit song “Perfect” about Seaborn.
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.