- How to stream ‘Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists’ for free 5 Years Ago
- As followers get more violent, should 8chan ban QAnon? 5 Years Ago
- What you need to know about DVR on DirecTV Now Today 5:30 AM
- How to stream Hulu’s ‘The Act’ free Today 5:00 AM
- Devin Nunes’ lawsuit with Twitter over parody accounts inspires more parody accounts Tuesday 7:53 PM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez posts SpongeBob meme to diss Green New Deal adversaries Tuesday 7:23 PM
- Twitter blasts Benny Johnson over heinous Native American ‘socialist’ reservations take Tuesday 6:16 PM
- New Zealand arrests 2 for sharing video of mosque shooting Tuesday 4:44 PM
- ‘Queer Eye’ season 3 serves more frothy fun and cathartic realness Tuesday 4:30 PM
- Everyone is roasting this photo of Kourtney Kardashian in a bubble bath Tuesday 4:15 PM
- White House report has a lot of superheroes listed as interns Tuesday 4:06 PM
- Google to launch ‘Stadia’ cloud gaming service this year Tuesday 3:55 PM
- Amy Schumer addresses her ‘Growing’ pains in new Netflix special Tuesday 2:04 PM
- This Bitcoin tie is everyone’s favorite part of the Theranos documentary Tuesday 1:56 PM
- Trump’s social media guru gets suspended on Facebook Tuesday 1:51 PM
The beef has come to an end.
The epic Twitter love story between Pharrell Williams’s hat and Arby’s has come to an end. Last night, before the Oscars began, the restaurant chain bought the instantly meme-able brown hat Williams wore to the Grammys. The restaurant chain’s winning bid on eBay: $44,100.
— Arby’s (@Arbys) March 3, 2014
Williams’s brown Vivienne Westwood hat became a meme during the Grammys with its own Twitter account, and was photoshopped into Internet infamy. Because Arby’s is an edgy, provocative brand, it tweeted at the singer.
— Arby’s (@Arbys) January 27, 2014
Late last month, Williams decided to use his hat’s fame for good and put it up for auction to benefit his charity for at-risk youth, One Hand to Another. The hat racked up 131 bids, but Arby’s ultimately won out. Williams let his fans know all is well between him and Arby’s, complete with an emoticon.
What a pleasant surprise. Thank you @Arbys, our roast beef is now officially well done. 😝
— Pharrell Williams (@Pharrell) March 3, 2014
Hopefully the hat sold on eBay was legit. It was apparently spotted at the Oscars last night. Thankfully, Arby’s kept up the topical tweets during the awards.
— Pharrell’s Hat (@Pharrellhat) March 3, 2014
Image via eBay
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.