- How to stream Steelers vs. 49ers in NFL Week 3 action 6 Years Ago
- How to stream Bills vs. Bengals in NFL Week 3 action 6 Years Ago
- Colt halts production of AR-15s for civilians Today 3:45 PM
- If you love long-winded, hashtag-heavy Instagram captions, these apps can help Today 2:54 PM
- Teen girls on TikTok have convinced the internet that they eat their tampons Today 2:33 PM
- Twitch streamer faces criticism for trying to defend racist jokes Today 2:03 PM
- How to stream Raiders vs. Vikings in Week 3 Today 12:55 PM
- NRA calls Beto O’Rourke ‘AR-15 salesman of the month’ in wake of buyback proposal Today 12:03 PM
- After 23 deaths, Sean Bean is tired of getting killed on-screen Today 11:48 AM
- Stephen Miller has a girlfriend—and people are stunned Today 11:35 AM
- Mickey Rourke says Robert De Niro iced him out of ‘The Irishman’ Today 11:07 AM
- Conservative men are melting down over Elizabeth Warren’s speech Today 10:40 AM
- People are calling rapper Tekashi 69 a ‘snitch’ for outing gang members Today 10:16 AM
- Greta Thunberg tells Congress to ‘listen to the scientists’ about climate crisis Today 9:55 AM
- Maybe we should start taking Tom DeLonge seriously about UFOs Today 9:11 AM
Arby’s bought Pharrell’s hat on eBay last night
The beef has come to an end.
The epic Twitter love story between Pharrell Williams’s hat and Arby’s has come to an end. Last night, before the Oscars began, the restaurant chain bought the instantly meme-able brown hat Williams wore to the Grammys. The restaurant chain’s winning bid on eBay: $44,100.
— Arby’s (@Arbys) March 3, 2014
Williams’s brown Vivienne Westwood hat became a meme during the Grammys with its own Twitter account, and was photoshopped into Internet infamy. Because Arby’s is an edgy, provocative brand, it tweeted at the singer.
— Arby’s (@Arbys) January 27, 2014
Late last month, Williams decided to use his hat’s fame for good and put it up for auction to benefit his charity for at-risk youth, One Hand to Another. The hat racked up 131 bids, but Arby’s ultimately won out. Williams let his fans know all is well between him and Arby’s, complete with an emoticon.
What a pleasant surprise. Thank you @Arbys, our roast beef is now officially well done. 😝
— Pharrell Williams (@Pharrell) March 3, 2014
Hopefully the hat sold on eBay was legit. It was apparently spotted at the Oscars last night. Thankfully, Arby’s kept up the topical tweets during the awards.
— Pharrell’s Hat (@Pharrellhat) March 3, 2014
Image via eBay
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.