- What is the TikTok drink and can you still get it? Thursday 9:27 PM
- “Party, Party, Party” TikTok meme grapples with party culture Thursday 8:43 PM
- Baby Yoda was just added to Sims 4 Thursday 7:54 PM
- Religious conservatives petition Netflix to pull ‘gay Jesus’ Christmas comedy Thursday 7:19 PM
- Kylie Jenner criticized for yet another expensive car post Thursday 5:57 PM
- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 Thursday 5:15 PM
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter Thursday 4:31 PM
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Thursday 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Thursday 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Thursday 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Thursday 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Thursday 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Thursday 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Thursday 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Thursday 12:00 PM
A “Bootylicious” tribute to Downton Abbey
Beyonce, can you handle this?
Sasha Fierce and Downton Abbey’s Countess of Grantham, Violet, might not appear to have much in common on the surface. But a new Tumblr proves otherwise.
Titled Downton Abbeyoncé and created in October, the deliciously highbrow blog pairs Beyonce lyrics with scenes from the highbrow British television series. Thanks to the second season premiere in the U.S. last Sunday, the show has gained new popularity among your friends.
The ITV-produced drama—but occasional wry comedy—follows the life of the servants and the aristocratic Crawley family in northern England during various time periods in the 1900s.
We can’t stop scrolling through these pictures and occasional GIFs. We particularly enjoyed the “Bootylicious” lyric match-up with Cora, the American wife of Earl of Grantham, telling her husband she’s pregnant.
Also, this GIF of Cousins Mattew ripping off his jacket to another “Bootylicious” lyric is mesmerizing. And they’re not all “Bootylicious” lyrics, either. The blog drops references to Beyonce’s “Get Me Bodied” and “Radio.”
It’s now going to be hard watching Downton Abbey without thinking of Beyonce—but that’s not a bad thing.
Photos by Downton Abbeyoncé
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.