- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success 7 Years Ago
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history 7 Years Ago
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn 7 Years Ago
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Today 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Today 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Today 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Today 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Today 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
- Protesters sing ‘Baby Shark’ to soothe frightened toddler Today 12:47 PM
- Who is Babu Frik, the adorable, teeny mechanic from ‘Rise of Skywalker’? Today 12:36 PM
- Senators push for social media data portability Today 12:11 PM
- ‘Stage Fright’ is a therapeutic lens into Jenny Slate’s weird world Today 11:34 AM
Dotted Lines: “Super Moonwalking”
YouTuber OneLoveCandyman shows you moonwalking like you’ve never seen it before.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day’s must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- AOL’s longest-running employee breaks down the history of the company’s iconic chatrooms.
- Facebook and Yahoo call a truce in their ongoing patent war and decide to partner up in an advertising deal instead.
- In a continuing series of ‘90s nostalgia posts, HyperVocal collects the 50 best Tumblr pics from 1998.
- A map compares the frequency of tweets about “church” and “beer” across the U.S., ostensibly revealing some interesting regional differences among American Twitter users.
- Europe’s Pirate Bay blockade appears to have backfired. BitTorrent traffic is up across the region since the popular file-sharing site was blocked in the U.K., the Netherlands, and other countries.
- The latest version of Rep. Lamar Smith’s Protecting Children from Internet Pornographers Act removes a controversial requirement that Internet service providers maintain extensive records on their customers and make them available to the government.
Above: No disrespect to the King of Pop, but moonwalking just got an upgrade from YouTuber OneLoveCandyman.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.