- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok 8 Years Ago
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Today 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
Dotted Lines: “Super Moonwalking”
YouTuber OneLoveCandyman shows you moonwalking like you’ve never seen it before.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day’s must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- AOL’s longest-running employee breaks down the history of the company’s iconic chatrooms.
- Facebook and Yahoo call a truce in their ongoing patent war and decide to partner up in an advertising deal instead.
- In a continuing series of ‘90s nostalgia posts, HyperVocal collects the 50 best Tumblr pics from 1998.
- A map compares the frequency of tweets about “church” and “beer” across the U.S., ostensibly revealing some interesting regional differences among American Twitter users.
- Europe’s Pirate Bay blockade appears to have backfired. BitTorrent traffic is up across the region since the popular file-sharing site was blocked in the U.K., the Netherlands, and other countries.
- The latest version of Rep. Lamar Smith’s Protecting Children from Internet Pornographers Act removes a controversial requirement that Internet service providers maintain extensive records on their customers and make them available to the government.
Above: No disrespect to the King of Pop, but moonwalking just got an upgrade from YouTuber OneLoveCandyman.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.