- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Today 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Today 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
Dotted Lines: “Super Moonwalking”
YouTuber OneLoveCandyman shows you moonwalking like you’ve never seen it before.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day’s must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- AOL’s longest-running employee breaks down the history of the company’s iconic chatrooms.
- Facebook and Yahoo call a truce in their ongoing patent war and decide to partner up in an advertising deal instead.
- In a continuing series of ‘90s nostalgia posts, HyperVocal collects the 50 best Tumblr pics from 1998.
- A map compares the frequency of tweets about “church” and “beer” across the U.S., ostensibly revealing some interesting regional differences among American Twitter users.
- Europe’s Pirate Bay blockade appears to have backfired. BitTorrent traffic is up across the region since the popular file-sharing site was blocked in the U.K., the Netherlands, and other countries.
- The latest version of Rep. Lamar Smith’s Protecting Children from Internet Pornographers Act removes a controversial requirement that Internet service providers maintain extensive records on their customers and make them available to the government.
Above: No disrespect to the King of Pop, but moonwalking just got an upgrade from YouTuber OneLoveCandyman.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.