- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth 7 Years Ago
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism 7 Years Ago
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Today 9:26 AM
- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials Today 9:02 AM
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars Today 8:56 AM
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free Today 8:46 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama Today 8:18 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
- Inside the pornographic video game that took Kickstarter by storm Today 7:00 AM
- Why everyone wants to debate AOC, and no one wants to debate Ilhan Omar Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Trvl Channel online for free Today 5:30 AM
- Are we going to get a ‘Community’ movie on Netflix? Sunday 2:46 PM
- Kmitting social network bans all posts supporting Trump and his administration Sunday 2:07 PM
- YouTube is testing hiding its comments section Sunday 1:23 PM
The Disney Princesses welcome Princess Leia to the club with—what else?—a musical number.
Every evening, the Daily Dot delivers a selection of links worth clicking from around the Web, along with the day’s must-see image or video. We call it Dotted Lines.
- Skype comes under fire for handing over a 16-year-old alleged hacker’s contact information to Dutch authorities without a warrant.
- New Instagram spam trend: fake airline giveaway accounts.
- A woman who wrote an entire novel on a BlackBerry has landed a book deal.
- The Scumbag Steve guide to voting is now a real thing that exists.
- A campaign aims to get depressed kids off of social media—for their own good.
- Seattle’s “Surveillance Camera Man” is either performance art that comments on the state of privacy today, or just another creep with a YouTube account.
Above: AVByte’s Hipster Disney Princesses welcome their new friend, Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, to the fold.
Jay Hathaway is a former senior writer who specialized in internet memes and weird online culture. He previously served as the Daily Dot’s news editor, was a staff writer at Gawker, and edited the classic websites Urlesque and Download Squad. His work has also appeared on nymag.com, suicidegirls.com, and the Morning News.