- Muslim girls are making fun of Islamophobia in viral TikTok videos Thursday 8:34 PM
- Kendall Jenner’s ‘cruel’ dog collar sparks online debate Thursday 8:04 PM
- All ‘The Witcher’ content you can gobble up once you finish the Netflix series Thursday 7:47 PM
- Tinder adding a ‘panic button’ for when dates go awry Thursday 6:14 PM
- Webcam footage of ‘Bigfoot’ shared by state government agency Thursday 5:47 PM
- Video shows that James Corden doesn’t drive Carpool Karaoke car—and fans feel betrayed Thursday 5:06 PM
- Video shows Julianne Hough screaming, writhing during physical therapy demo Thursday 4:47 PM
- Halsey accidentally called for another 9/11 Thursday 4:01 PM
- Lizzo’s Rolling Stone shoot criticized for cultural appropriation Thursday 3:19 PM
- Bloomberg’s broadband platform is 5 years behind his rivals Thursday 3:03 PM
- Hulu’s ‘Endlings’ is a smart sci-fi show for kids—and adults Thursday 1:42 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Pandemic’ drops right when we need to be worried most Thursday 1:20 PM
- TikTok signs licensing agreement with Merlin Thursday 12:19 PM
- Anime film ‘NiNoKuni’ falls apart with flimsy plotting Thursday 11:57 AM
- Cop who called for boycott of Beyoncé’s Super Bowl performance now says he’s Black Thursday 11:12 AM
Twitter’s @DJsComplaining is #firstworldproblems for superstar DJs
What does an internationally-famous disc jockey have to complain about? More than you’d think.
WIth a workday that typically starts when the sun goes down and features loud music playing and people dancing, you wouldn’t think disc jockeys would have much to complain about.
Apparently, they do, and some of the world’s most recognizable DJs have been doing so on Twitter.
Whether its a tight wristband or a bad latte, DJs are just like the rest of us. One new Twitter account that is driving this point home is @DJsComplaining, which retweets funny messages from spin masters around the world.
In 15 days, the profile has collected more than 27,000 followers and 32 tweets. Here are some of the best first world problems from superstar DJs:
1) Andy Moor (@DJAndyMoor)
“Stuffing my face before the short trip to Chicago. Have you seen what AA put in their inflight pretzels? Nasty.”
— Sep. 22, 2012
2) DJ Yoda (@DJYodaUK)
“So stressful wearing brand new trainers in the club”
— Sep. 1, 2012
3) Judge Jules (@RealJudgeJules)
“Being patted down and searched at an airport by security member of staff who stinks of BO isn’t the highlight of any frequent travellers day”
— July 7, 2012
4) Dave Clarke (@DJDaveClarke)
“In Paris, but of course….no room service possible, nice hotel otherwise, but some things on the road stay the same in Paris.”
— Sep. 15, 2012
5) Mosca (@DeeJayMosca)
“I know I can’t complain about my job but it wd be nice, just once, if reception told the maids that u have late checkout.”
— April 28, 2012
Fernando Alfonso III served as an early Reddit and 4chan reporter and the Daily Dot’s first art director until 2016. He’s gone on to report at Lexington’s Herald-Leader and at the Houston Chronicle.