Move over Netflix, Hulu, and Prime Video: there’s a new streaming service in town. Disney+ lets you stream the best of what the company that made Mickey Mouse a household name has to offer. If you’re one of the countless cord-cutters eager to jump into this new service, there’s a good chance you have a Smart TV. One of the most ubiquitous offerings are Samsung Smart TVs, many of which run Disney Plus no problem. Unfortunately, a few models aren’t equipped for this new service.
Here’s everything you need to know about streaming Disney+ on a Samsung Smart TV.
Is my Samsung TV compatible with Disney+?
Yes. Well. Maybe. If your Samsung TV falls under this criteria, it’s compatible with Disney Plus.
If you own a model from 2016 or later running the Tizen operating system you’re good. Sadly, neither the built-in browser or the outdated Orsay OS will work with Disney Plus.
How to watch Disney Plus on Samsung Smart TVs
Because Samsung Smart TVs are “smart,” streaming Disney+ is easy as pie. Here’s how.
- Join Disney+. It only takes a second. Plans start at $6.99 a month for instant access, or you can bundle it with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month.
- Access your Samsung Smart TV SMART HUB.
- Use the search button and enter “Disney Plus.” The app may also be in the recommended apps section of the hub.
- Move the icon to app and press the download button.
- Once the app is finished downloading, it will be displayed on your Samsung Smart TV desktop.
- Login using your Disney+ credentials.
Disney Plus supported Smart TVs
Here are the models that will support Disney+ via the free app. Vizio is a big brand missing from compatibility at launch, but the company is working on a fix that will release in 2020.
- Samsung Models from 2016 or later with Tizen OS
- LG Models from 2016 or later with Web OS 3.0 or later
- Android TV Models from 2016 or later including Sharp AQUOS and Sony Brava
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV Edition
- How many devices can you stream Disney+ on at once?
- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.