- TikTok users are freaking out about ‘predicting’ Juice WRLD’s death 1 Week Ago
- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice Today 7:00 AM
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
Disney+ is the latest and perhaps greatest streaming service available. The service lets you access all that classic Disney vault content, Marvel movies, and even National Geographic documentaries and specials. If you’re one of the countless cord-cutters eager to start streaming all those Disney Channel Original Movies from your childhood to see if they hold up, one of the easiest ways to do this is by utilizing your Smart TV. LG Smart TVs offer a free Disney+ app that gives you instant access. Unfortunately, a few of their models aren’t equipped for this new service.
Here’s everything you need to know about streaming Disney+ on an LG Smart TV.
7 day free trial
(with Hulu and ESPN+)
Is my LG Smart TV compatible with Disney+?
The short answer is: yes, most likely. If your LG Smart TV falls under this criteria, it’s compatible with Disney Plus.
If you own a model from 2016 or later running Web OS 3.0 or later, congrats, your TV is Disney+ ready. Sadly, neither the built-in browser or the outdated NetCast OS will work with Disney Plus.
How to watch Disney Plus on LG Smart TVs
Streaming Disney+ is easy as pie. Here’s how.
- Join Disney+. It only takes a second. Plans start at $6.99 a month for instant access, or you can bundle it with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month.
- Access the LG Content Store from the main menu.
- Use the search button and enter “Disney Plus.”
- Select the application and hit “Install.”
- Once the app is finished installing, select “Launch”
- Log in using your Disney+ credentials.
Disney Plus supported Smart TVs
Here are the models that will support Disney+ via the free app. Vizio is a big brand missing from compatibility at launch, but the company is working on a fix that will release in 2020.
- Samsung Models from 2016 or later with Tizen OS
- LG Models from 2016 or later with Web OS 3.0 or later
- Android TV Models from 2016 or later including Sharp AQUOS and Sony Brava
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV Edition
- How many devices can you stream Disney+ on at once?
- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.