- Review: ‘Star Trek: Picard’ is a triumphant return for Patrick Stewart Today 5:00 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
- ‘Yeah, good. OK’ Bernie Sanders meme is a new way to dismiss people Wednesday 3:10 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: Petty displays of affection Wednesday 2:12 PM
- Makeup artist transforms into Timothée Chalamet on TikTok Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Iguanas are falling from trees—and people are selling them online for food Wednesday 1:02 PM
- 75,000 sign petition to fire Wendy Williams after ‘cleft lip’ comment about Joaquin Phoenix Wednesday 12:30 PM
- Kim Kardashian says Kylie Jenner’s setting spray is ‘cheap sh*t’ Wednesday 11:59 AM
Disney+ is the latest and perhaps greatest streaming service available. The service lets you access all that classic Disney vault content, Marvel movies, and even National Geographic documentaries and specials. If you’re one of the countless cord-cutters eager to start streaming all those Disney Channel Original Movies from your childhood to see if they hold up, one of the easiest ways to do this is by utilizing your Smart TV. LG Smart TVs offer a free Disney+ app that gives you instant access. Unfortunately, a few of their models aren’t equipped for this new service.
Here’s everything you need to know about streaming Disney+ on an LG Smart TV.
7 day free trial
(with Hulu and ESPN+)
Is my LG Smart TV compatible with Disney+?
The short answer is: yes, most likely. If your LG Smart TV falls under this criteria, it’s compatible with Disney Plus.
If you own a model from 2016 or later running Web OS 3.0 or later, congrats, your TV is Disney+ ready. Sadly, neither the built-in browser or the outdated NetCast OS will work with Disney Plus.
How to watch Disney Plus on LG Smart TVs
Streaming Disney+ is easy as pie. Here’s how.
- Join Disney+. It only takes a second. Plans start at $6.99 a month for instant access, or you can bundle it with ESPN+ and Hulu for $12.99 a month.
- Access the LG Content Store from the main menu.
- Use the search button and enter “Disney Plus.”
- Select the application and hit “Install.”
- Once the app is finished installing, select “Launch”
- Log in using your Disney+ credentials.
Disney Plus supported Smart TVs
Here are the models that will support Disney+ via the free app. Vizio is a big brand missing from compatibility at launch, but the company is working on a fix that will release in 2020.
- Samsung Models from 2016 or later with Tizen OS
- LG Models from 2016 or later with Web OS 3.0 or later
- Android TV Models from 2016 or later including Sharp AQUOS and Sony Brava
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV Edition
- How many devices can you stream Disney+ on at once?
- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus
- Disney+ will allow password sharing—to an extent
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.