- America’s favorite furry friend? This running javelina 4 Months Ago
- Review: Pete Davidson crashes and burns in Netflix stand-up special ‘Alive From New York’ 4 Months Ago
- Netflix’s ‘I Am Not Okay With This’ is a thrill-chasing slow burn that combines the platform’s greatest hits Today 7:00 AM
- Review: ‘The Last Thing He Wanted’ is ambitious but disconnected Today 6:00 AM
- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
If you’ve been trying to access Disney+ today, you were probably met with an error message. The launch of Disney’s massive new streaming service had a few hiccups on Tuesday, as we all scrambled to devour that sweet, sweet content at the same time.
This led to the hashtag #DisneyPlusFail, in which frustrated fans detailed their wait times with customer service and an array of “Unable to connect to Disney+” screens. It’s almost like they are… waiting for a ride at Disney World.
While some hardcore Disneyheads stressed out, others could only make jokes about the crash.
Honestly not surprised about the #DisneyPlusfail. Even the best servers in the world can't prepare for millions of Americans trying to stream Hannah Montana at once.— Sarah Elizabeth Parker (@ashayamsarah) November 12, 2019
With #DisneyPlus, you too can stream all your favorite Disney titles, like “Content Not Available Right Now”, “Unable to Connect”, & “Please Try Again Later”— May Key Laff (@maykeylaff) November 12, 2019
As Decider points out, the website Down Detector showed a surge in outage reports Tuesday morning, with most of the issues being with video streaming, followed by login issues. The site seemed to be working properly again around 8am ET, but soon after there was another outage. As many remarked, this is to be expected on the first day of a streaming site launch that’s been anticipated for the last year. People took off from work for this, or set alarms so they could start watching as soon as it was live.
The Disney+ account tweeted that the launch “has exceeded our highest expectations” and that it’s “working quickly to resolve any current issues.”
The demand for #DisneyPlus has exceeded our highest expectations. We are so pleased you’re excited to watch all your favorites and are working quickly to resolve any current issues. We appreciate your patience.— Disney+ (@disneyplus) November 12, 2019
Disney really dropped the ball by not having every error screen narrated by the soothing voice of Werner Herzog.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.