- The best gear and gadget gifts for Dad this holiday season Today 7:30 AM
- The 10 most important sci-fi films of the 2010s Today 7:00 AM
- Netflix advances beyond testosterone-fueled anime with subdued ‘Levius’ Today 6:00 AM
- Influencer accused of selling shirt she was supposed to promote Tuesday 8:42 PM
- Jameela Jamil dragged for comparing reproductive rights to landlord rights Tuesday 6:54 PM
- Trump campaign posts Thanos meme, totally misses point of ‘Endgame’ Tuesday 5:58 PM
- Petition calls for Apple to make a Baby Yoda emoji Tuesday 5:16 PM
- This BTS-Billie Eilish mashup is the most popular tweet of 2019 Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Michelle Wolf embraces vulgarity in ‘Joke Show’ Tuesday 4:24 PM
- Influencer gets 14 years in prison for trying to steal domain name at gunpoint Tuesday 4:14 PM
- ‘Three Days of Christmas’ is a delightfully dark holiday alternative to Hallmark Tuesday 3:55 PM
- The way Trump Jr. holds his own book inspires mockery Tuesday 3:47 PM
- Woman facing backlash for no longer wearing hijab in end of the decade photo Tuesday 3:16 PM
- Report: Consulting firm lied about decreasing violence at Rikers Island jail Tuesday 2:36 PM
- TikTok users are sharing things they thought were ‘ghetto’ as kids Tuesday 2:31 PM
If you’ve been trying to access Disney+ today, you were probably met with an error message. The launch of Disney’s massive new streaming service had a few hiccups on Tuesday, as we all scrambled to devour that sweet, sweet content at the same time.
This led to the hashtag #DisneyPlusFail, in which frustrated fans detailed their wait times with customer service and an array of “Unable to connect to Disney+” screens. It’s almost like they are… waiting for a ride at Disney World.
30min wait just to live chat with support. Thousands of people "in line" in front of me. My "session" timed out. I hope we all get a free day added to our "trial". Trial indeed. #DisneyPlusFail #DisneyPlusDown— Christ-mas Mandracchia 🎄🎁❄ (@Ch_Mandracchia) November 12, 2019
While some hardcore Disneyheads stressed out, others could only make jokes about the crash.
Honestly not surprised about the #DisneyPlusfail. Even the best servers in the world can't prepare for millions of Americans trying to stream Hannah Montana at once.— Sarah Elizabeth Parker (@ashayamsarah) November 12, 2019
With #DisneyPlus, you too can stream all your favorite Disney titles, like “Content Not Available Right Now”, “Unable to Connect”, & “Please Try Again Later”— May Key Laff (@maykeylaff) November 12, 2019
As Decider points out, the website Down Detector showed a surge in outage reports Tuesday morning, with most of the issues being with video streaming, followed by login issues. The site seemed to be working properly again around 8am ET, but soon after there was another outage. As many remarked, this is to be expected on the first day of a streaming site launch that’s been anticipated for the last year. People took off from work for this, or set alarms so they could start watching as soon as it was live.
The Disney+ account tweeted that the launch “has exceeded our highest expectations” and that it’s “working quickly to resolve any current issues.”
The demand for #DisneyPlus has exceeded our highest expectations. We are so pleased you’re excited to watch all your favorites and are working quickly to resolve any current issues. We appreciate your patience.— Disney+ (@disneyplus) November 12, 2019
Disney really dropped the ball by not having every error screen narrated by the soothing voice of Werner Herzog.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.