Disney+ has launched, and while you might be thrilled to see another streaming service with tons of content, you may not be so excited about the impact on your wallet.
Luckily, there are plenty of deals out there for the frugal cord-cutter who wants to save a few bucks as they wade through the streaming wars.
Here are all the ways you can save money on the new streamer and enjoy The Mandalorian on the cheap.
The Disney Plus Bundle
One way to save some cash that is open to all Disney+ customers is purchasing the bundle that allows you to enjoy Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ for $12.99 per month. Disney+ on its own coasts $6.99 per month, so you are saving money by combining the three streamers into one monthly fee.
The Disney Plus yearly subscription
Another money-saving option open to all customers is paying for a year upfront. If you commit to a year of the service right off the bad, you will reduce your monthly costs to $5.83 per month, essentially giving you two free months of the service.
The free year of Disney Plus… with Verizon
If you’re already a Verizon Unlimited customer, you are eligible for an entire year of Disney+ without spending a dime. Here’s what you have to do.
1. Head to Verizon’s Disney Plus sign up page and click or tap Get Started.
2. Under the heading “Already have Unlimited?” click or tap Get Disney+, then sign in.
3. On the next page, beneath “1st year on us $6.99/month after,” click or tap the Get Disney+ button.
4. Check the box to accept terms and conditions then click or tap the Enroll in Disney+ button.
If you aren’t on a qualifying plan or aren’t yet a Verizon customer, if you sign up for a qualifying plan, you can then sign up for a free year of Disney+.
The Disney Plus seven-day free trial
All Disney+ customers will receive a seven-day free trial which means you can sample whatever you want for one week before spending any of your hard-earned cash. If you know you just want to watch The Mandalorian and then wait until the service expands its library, you can always sign up and then cancel after binging the series.
The Best Classic TV Shows on Disney+:
- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up)
- The best movies and TV shows streaming on Disney+
- How many devices can you stream Disney+ on at once?
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.