- Apex Legends became a major Pornhub search in 2019 4 Weeks Ago
- CBS accidentally interviewed InfoWars host as regular Trump supporter 4 Weeks Ago
- TLC accused of fatphobia, fetishization with show about ‘mixed-weight’ couples Today 3:41 PM
- Betting odds show KSI could fight FaZe Sensei, Jake Paul, or Justin Bieber next Today 3:20 PM
- Nick Cannon releases another thirsty Eminem diss track Today 2:59 PM
- Dogs at polling stations are helping bark out the vote in the U.K. Today 1:00 PM
- Streamers dominated Pornhub searches in 2019 Today 12:59 PM
- Pro and anti-boot factions emerge in wake of ‘Wonder Woman 1984’ trailer Today 12:31 PM
- The ‘Rise of Skywalker’ press tour has turned into a rehash of ‘The Last Jedi’ Today 12:18 PM
- What’s in a TikTok username? Today 12:00 PM
- All four of 2020’s Marvel/DC movies are directed by women Today 11:57 AM
- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
Disney Plus is here, and luckily, it’s available to stream on just about every popular streaming device, including the Amazon Fire family of streaming sticks, TVs, and tablets. Here’s all you need to know if you’re trying to watch Disney+ on your Amazon Fire-compatible device.
7 Day Free Trial
(with Hulu & ESPN+)
Will Disney Plus be available on Amazon Fire devices?
Initially, Disney+ wasn’t going to be available on Amazon Fire. A sneak peek at the compatible device list released by Disney Plus in August didn’t include Amazon Fire. The Wall Street Journal reported that this was because of an initial dispute concerning ad revenue. Luckily, Amazon Fire devices were available at launch, to the resounding cheers of folks who love Disney content and two-day shipping. If you like, you can even pay for your Disney+ account through Amazon channels.
How to stream Disney Plus on Amazon Fire devices
If you’re trying to figure out how to install Disney+ on an Amazon Fire device, here’s how. First, sign up for Disney Plus here. Second, boot up your Amazon Fire device of choice. Using your device’s search bar, marked by a magnifying glass in the top-left corner, type in “Disney+”. Click on the Disney Plus logo that pops up, listed under Apps and Games. Download the app and then wait patiently as it downloads and installs. Finally, open up the app and log in using your Disney+ credentials.
After that, get ready to enjoy time-honored content from one of the most anticipated streaming services. This accounts for 500 Walt Disney studios movies and 7,000 episodes of Walt Disney television. This includes movies from Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic as well as 30 seasons of The Simpsons. Plus there are also exclusive original productions including Lady and the Tramp, Wandvision, Monsters at Work, and of course, The Mandalorian. One subscription works on up to four devices, and you can even download content directly to your device to watch anytime.
Best of all, Disney+ is only $6.99 a month, but if you bundle it with Hulu and ESPN+, it’s only $12.99 a month. That’s going to be tough to beat when it comes to 360 household entertainment.
What’s on Disney+? Here’s everything we know:
Disney Plus-supported Amazon Fire Devices
Here are the models that will support Disney+ via the free app.
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- Amazon Fire Tablet 7
- Amazon Fire Tablet 8
- Amazon Fire HD 10
- All Fire TV Edition Smart TVs
|Disney Plus Device Compatibility|
|Disney+ on Roku|
|Disney+ on Apple TV|
|Disney+ on Amazon Fire|
|Disney+ on Smart TVs|
- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up)
- The best movies and TV shows streaming on Disney+
- How many devices can you stream Disney+ on at once?
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.