- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok 2 Months Ago
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Today 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Today 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Today 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Today 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
Disney Plus is here, and luckily, it’s available to stream on just about every popular streaming device, including the Amazon Fire family of streaming sticks, TVs, and tablets. Here’s all you need to know if you’re trying to watch Disney+ on your Amazon Fire-compatible device.
7 Day Free Trial
(with Hulu & ESPN+)
Will Disney Plus be available on Amazon Fire devices?
Initially, Disney+ wasn’t going to be available on Amazon Fire. A sneak peek at the compatible device list released by Disney Plus in August didn’t include Amazon Fire. The Wall Street Journal reported that this was because of an initial dispute concerning ad revenue. Luckily, Amazon Fire devices were available at launch, to the resounding cheers of folks who love Disney content and two-day shipping. If you like, you can even pay for your Disney+ account through Amazon channels.
How to stream Disney Plus on Amazon Fire devices
If you’re trying to figure out how to install Disney+ on an Amazon Fire device, here’s how. First, sign up for Disney Plus here. Second, boot up your Amazon Fire device of choice. Using your device’s search bar, marked by a magnifying glass in the top-left corner, type in “Disney+”. Click on the Disney Plus logo that pops up, listed under Apps and Games. Download the app and then wait patiently as it downloads and installs. Finally, open up the app and log in using your Disney+ credentials.
After that, get ready to enjoy time-honored content from one of the most anticipated streaming services. This accounts for 500 Walt Disney studios movies and 7,000 episodes of Walt Disney television. This includes movies from Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic as well as 30 seasons of The Simpsons. Plus there are also exclusive original productions including Lady and the Tramp, Wandvision, Monsters at Work, and of course, The Mandalorian. One subscription works on up to four devices, and you can even download content directly to your device to watch anytime.
Best of all, Disney+ is only $6.99 a month, but if you bundle it with Hulu and ESPN+, it’s only $12.99 a month. That’s going to be tough to beat when it comes to 360 household entertainment.
What’s on Disney+? Here’s everything we know:
Disney Plus-supported Amazon Fire Devices
Here are the models that will support Disney+ via the free app.
- Amazon Fire TV Cube
- Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K
- Amazon Fire Tablet 7
- Amazon Fire Tablet 8
- Amazon Fire HD 10
- All Fire TV Edition Smart TVs
|Disney Plus Device Compatibility|
|Disney+ on Roku|
|Disney+ on Apple TV|
|Disney+ on Amazon Fire|
|Disney+ on Smart TVs|
- Here’s everything you need to know about Disney Plus
- Every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and show missing from Disney+ (and when they’ll show up)
- The best movies and TV shows streaming on Disney+
- How many devices can you stream Disney+ on at once?
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.