- Seed University might actually be the first good influencer school Tuesday 9:35 PM
- Black couple says they were accused of stealing during marriage proposal Tuesday 6:57 PM
- How to live stream Robert Mueller’s testimony Tuesday 6:00 PM
- ‘MAGA Bomber’ believed that antifa was trying to murder Papa John’s employees Tuesday 5:23 PM
- Forever 21 under fire for sending Atkins diet bars with online orders Tuesday 4:56 PM
- Apple denies boosting its own apps in App Store Tuesday 4:25 PM
- The new Overwatch hero is a naked foot enthusiast, apparently Tuesday 4:19 PM
- Bella Thorne comes out as pansexual Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Macy’s pulls portion-control plates after social media uproar Tuesday 2:59 PM
- John Oliver confirms the internet’s suspicions about that ‘Lion King’ cast photo Tuesday 2:14 PM
- Report: Fake Libra accounts rampant on Facebook, Instagram Tuesday 2:10 PM
- Tennessee neighbors form human chain to help father and son escape ICE Tuesday 1:57 PM
- Google settled two multi-million dollar lawsuits this week Tuesday 1:26 PM
- How to live stream Guadalajara vs. Atletico Madrid Tuesday 12:47 PM
- Forget Area 51—People are planning to storm the Bermuda Triangle Tuesday 12:41 PM
Pro-Trump YouTubers blast Biden for not having ‘the guts’ to run for president (updated)
Update 4:55pm CT April 11: Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) asked Mark Zuckerberg about Diamond and Silk during the Facebook founder’s congressional testimony on Wednesday. The Republicans wanted to know why Facebook had censored their channel. Comedian Roseanne Barr tweeted in support of the pro-Trump YouTube comedy duo.
Diamond and Silk are comedians-stop censoring them!— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) April 11, 2018
“In that specific case, our team made an enforcement error and we have already gotten in touch with them to reverse it,” Zuckerberg replied to Congress.
Diamond and Silk, the unabashedly pro-Trump YouTube duo, have waded into the backyard beef between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden. During an interview with Fox News’ Jesse Watters, the YouTubers taunted Biden for not running for president.
Asked by Watters if Biden could beat up Trump, Diamond and Silk said “Oh, absolutely not” and bashed Biden—and the Democratic party, in general—for bullying people who disagree. The duo was quietly paid by the Trump campaign for “consulting.”
Said Silk, whose real name is Rochelle Richardson: “I think Joe is a little upset because he didn’t have the guts to run against President Trump.”
Nothing was said, though, about Biden’s decision not to run, in part, because he was still grieving the death of his son, Beau Biden.
“I don’t think any man or woman should run for president unless … they can look at the folks out there and say, ‘I promise you, you have my whole heart, my whole soul, my energy, and my passion to do this,’” Biden told Stephen Colbert in September 2015, about four months after Beau died from brain cancer. “And I’d be lying if I said I knew I was there.”
Trump and Biden have been feuding since Biden said last week he would “beat the hell” out of Trump in high school because of his past comments about assaulting women.
“When a guy who ended up becoming our national leader said, ‘I can grab a woman anywhere and she likes it’ and then said, ‘I made a mistake,’” Biden said, referring to the infamous Access Hollywood tape where he said he could grab women without their consent. “They asked me would I like to debate this gentleman, and I said no. I said, ‘If we were in high school, I’d take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him.’”
Responded Trump on Twitter:
Crazy Joe Biden is trying to act like a tough guy. Actually, he is weak, both mentally and physically, and yet he threatens me, for the second time, with physical assault. He doesn’t know me, but he would go down fast and hard, crying all the way. Don’t threaten people Joe!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) March 22, 2018
In their interview, Diamond and Silk said Biden—a potential presidential candidate for 2020—was acting like a “deranged schoolyard bully.”
“He’s bullying the president,” said Diamond, whose real name is Lynette Hardaway. “He’s communicating threats toward a sitting president. We heard he’s doing this because he’s thinking about running for president. Perhaps he needs to run for that border if you don’t know how to respect a sitting president.”
As for who would win a potential fight between the septuagenarians …
Just in case you have money to burn, @BovadaLV makes Donald Trump a slight betting favorite vs. Joe Biden in a boxing match. Would have to fight in 2018 for wagers to have action.— Josh Katzowitz (@joshkatzowitz) March 23, 2018
Donald Trump -140 (5/7)
Joe Biden EVEN (1/1)
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.