- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale 8 Years Ago
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations 8 Years Ago
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) 8 Years Ago
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Today 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Today 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Today 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Today 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Today 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Today 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Today 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Today 11:04 AM
- Senator proposes Do Not Track bill to allow consumers to opt out of data gathering Today 10:54 AM
- The Queen of the North likes to Juul Today 10:36 AM
- Nearly half of Juul’s Twitter followers can’t legally buy the product, study says Today 10:26 AM
- New Facebook Messenger scam tricks people into thinking they donated to ISIS Today 10:26 AM
What more can be said? Demi Moore will be @mrskutcher no longer.
Let’s all take a moment to mourn the divorce of Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, which they announced earlier today via their favorite medium: Twitter.
The pair announced they were divorcing after being married more than six years, or about 31 times longer than Kim Kardashian’s marriage.
“I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is…” tweeted Kutcher before giving his chime.in account a publicity boost with the rest of the message that ended in “Love and Light, AK.”
Whatever, bro, you’re the one who allegedly cheated.
Moore, meanwhile, hasn’t tweeted from her now incorrectly titled Twitter account, @mrskutcher. (The @demimoore account is suspended so maybe she is on hold with Twitter customer support.)
On Twitter, “Demi and Ashton” is trending. Many followers noticed they have unfollowed each other. Topsy, a social monitor service, recorded more than 12,000 distraught tweets the past hour.
Tweeters are “forever sad” and are ready to put the moves on Kutcher. “Ready for Demi Moore to change her twitter name so I can change mine to @MrsKutcher and have Ashton tweet at me, ”tweeted the clever Susie Tucker.
Don’t you have homework to do, Susie?
Perhaps @SoVeryAwkward put it best, “That awkward moment when the only thing surprising about Demi and Ashton splitting is that it took this long.”
Photo by david_shankbone
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.