- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Today 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Today 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Today 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Today 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
What more can be said? Demi Moore will be @mrskutcher no longer.
Let’s all take a moment to mourn the divorce of Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore, which they announced earlier today via their favorite medium: Twitter.
The pair announced they were divorcing after being married more than six years, or about 31 times longer than Kim Kardashian’s marriage.
“I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is…” tweeted Kutcher before giving his chime.in account a publicity boost with the rest of the message that ended in “Love and Light, AK.”
Whatever, bro, you’re the one who allegedly cheated.
Moore, meanwhile, hasn’t tweeted from her now incorrectly titled Twitter account, @mrskutcher. (The @demimoore account is suspended so maybe she is on hold with Twitter customer support.)
On Twitter, “Demi and Ashton” is trending. Many followers noticed they have unfollowed each other. Topsy, a social monitor service, recorded more than 12,000 distraught tweets the past hour.
Tweeters are “forever sad” and are ready to put the moves on Kutcher. “Ready for Demi Moore to change her twitter name so I can change mine to @MrsKutcher and have Ashton tweet at me, ”tweeted the clever Susie Tucker.
Don’t you have homework to do, Susie?
Perhaps @SoVeryAwkward put it best, “That awkward moment when the only thing surprising about Demi and Ashton splitting is that it took this long.”
Photo by david_shankbone
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.