- Amanda Palmer dragged for ‘demanding’ coverage of her music Thursday 8:33 PM
- How to get free TikTok followers without downloading a virus Thursday 7:57 PM
- Trump Jr.s ‘Triggered’ topped best-seller’s list with help of RNC Thursday 7:41 PM
- FBI raided millionaire YouTuber’s home, allegedly took everything Thursday 6:55 PM
- A fake Labour party website is spreading disinformation in Britain Thursday 6:16 PM
- Twitter bans cricket club for posting ISIS content in apparent hack Thursday 6:12 PM
- This dad remade his daughter’s NSFW photo—and people are loving it Thursday 5:51 PM
- Teen allegedly posted ‘slave for sale’ Craigslist ad featuring his Black classmate Thursday 5:28 PM
- People are crushed that this teen love story might be a TikTok ‘joke’ Thursday 4:50 PM
- Is Jacob Wohl evading his Twitter ban with Jack Burkman’s account? Thursday 2:06 PM
- Biden’s most perplexing debate answers, explained Thursday 2:03 PM
- How to stream Colts vs. Texans on Thursday Night Football Thursday 12:52 PM
- Netflix drops ‘A Christmas Prince: The Royal Baby’ trailer Thursday 12:43 PM
- Uber says it will audio-record rides to address safety concerns Thursday 12:41 PM
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ writers go in-depth on how they decided which superheroes lived and died Thursday 12:22 PM
Demi Lovato posted honest, unfiltered photos of her body to her Instagram story on Thursday, reminding us that she’s a real person who loves herself despite her flaws.
Lovato, 25, shared the photos along with a message of self-love, which has been a tumultuous journey for the former Disney star. She’s been forthcoming over the years about her battles with depression, self-harm, addiction, and eating disorders—all issues she discusses in her 2017 YouTube documentary, Cosmopolitan reported.
But her story on Thursday included playful body positive photos. In the first, she points out her stretch marks and “extra fat.”
In another, she posted a photo of her backside with an arrow pointing to her cellulite.
A third photo shows her thighs—and lack of thigh gap.
“And yet I still love myself,” Lovato wrote in the caption.
She wrote a longer message on her story, explaining that “what you see on Instagram isn’t always what it seems to be.”
“Let’s embrace our real selves,” she added.
Earlier this week, Lovato made headlines after singer Kehlani surprised her with an onstage kiss during the Tell Me You Love Me tour. Both women have been open about their sexualities, with Lovato saying she’s “very fluid” and Kehlani identifying as queer.
Their spontaneous lip-locking moment became the kiss seen ’round the world—for obvious reasons.
“It wasn’t planned,” Lovato told People. “She totally surprised me and it was perfect. It was awesome.”
A post shared by Sarah ツ (@demilovatopicz2.0) on
Altogether, it seems like Lovato’s journey to self-love is on an upswing. It’s refreshing to see a celebrity be honest and authentic about her body and herself—and we’re totally here for it.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.