- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Saturday 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Saturday 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
Teen takes cardboard cutout of Danny DeVito to prom—and his response is priceless
Danny DeVito had the perfect response for a certain teen who took a cardboard cutout of him as her date to prom in May.
The 73-year-old It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia star reciprocated the kind gesture on Monday and had a cardboard version of the teen, whose name is Allison Closs, brought to the set of the hit TV show.
Rob McElhenny, who plays Mac on the show, shared a photo of DeVito with the cardboard cutout at Paddy’s, the pub that is the home base for all the stars in the series.
“I heard you took cardboard Danny to Prom,” McElhenny wrote. “What a coincidence. He took cardboard Allison to Paddy’s.”
A post shared by RobMcElhenney (@robmcelhenney) on
The Instagram post has been liked over 40,000 times. Closs understandably reacted on Twitter with excitement.
I AM SHOOKETH https://t.co/MFGkYb8itS— Allison Closs (@TheYABookLover) June 5, 2018
Back when Closs originally went viral with her cardboard cutout of DeVito, she said on her YouTube channel that she admires the actor, who she said has always been there for her through his various movies.
“I couldn’t find myself a date in real life or with an actual human, so I bought one on Amazon,” she said. “I have always loved Danny. I loved him on It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, I loved him in Hercules and Matilda. I just love him in every form he takes. Danny was there for me when I really needed him. He treats me the way a woman should be treated.”
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.