- Amazon flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity 6 Days Ago
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Today 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Today 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Today 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Today 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Today 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Today 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Today 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
15-year-old YouTube star Danielle Cohn says she’s pregnant—or is it one big prank?
No one is sure what to think of this.
Nobody seems to know Danielle Cohn’s true age. And nobody seems to know whether her claim that she’s pregnant is real or if it’s all a prank on her family and fans.
Last week, Cohn—who started her social media career by gaining millions of followers on Musical.ly—tweeted the date 8/14/19, feeding speculation that it was the due date of her possible baby. Her boyfriend Mikey Tua also tweeted the date with the hashtag #manibaby.
— Danielle Cohn💛 (@DanielleCohn555) April 11, 2019
Expecting 08/14/19 #manibaby
— Mikey Tua (@MikeyTua) April 11, 2019
Two days later, Cohn tweeted that she and Tua were heading to Hawaii after they had gotten married in Las Vegas by an Elvis impersonator.
— Danielle Cohn💛 (@DanielleCohn555) April 13, 2019
They accompanied that with a YouTube video titled, “We are expecting…” where they broke the news of her supposed pregnancy to both sets of families. The families immediately speculated they were being pranked, and then they got enraged in the video that has nearly 3 million page views.
“This is a guarantee that we’re going to be together forever,” Cohn said amid all the yelling in the Las Vegas hotel room.
There’s also this Instagram photo of Tua kissing Cohn’s belly.
Though Cohn—who has 3.5 million Instagram followers and 1.2 million YouTube subscribers—is supposedly 15 years old, others have speculated that she might be as young as 13 or as old as 17.
Only two parts of a four-part YouTube series on this subject across the channels of Cohn and Tua have been released. Maybe this entire story arc is real, but many people aren’t buying the premise.
“This cannot be real,” YouTube star Keemstar said on his show Drama Alert. “I don’t believe this. I don’t think she’s pregnant. I don’t think she really got married. I think this is all BS for YouTube.”
If that’s the case, Cohn certainly wouldn’t be the first YouTuber to pretend to be pregnant to earn page views and subscribers.
- Logan Paul blasted for monetizing the violent death of his beloved dog
- YouTuber prankster arrested after trying to give woman a parking ticket
- YouTube time traveler says he has a photo of a T. rex—with purple feathers
Josh Katzowitz is a staff writer at the Daily Dot specializing in YouTube and boxing. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. A longtime sports writer, he's covered the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.