YouTuber Daisy Marquez catches ‘paranormal activity’ on video, says ‘something’ pushed her down stairs
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
Prominent beauty YouTuber Daisy Marquez uploaded a bizarre video to Twitter on Thursday that appears to show a door behind her opening on its own.
The 22-year-old, a self-taught makeup artist with more than 1.3 million YouTube subscribers, says the incident unfolded while filming a sponsorship video.
I was in the middle of filming a sponsorship and this just happened... pic.twitter.com/EPZ9Xpkaao— Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) November 26, 2019
Marquez can be seen discussing an e.l.f skincare set when the door behind her suddenly opens, causing the young entrepreneur to stare wide-eyed into the camera.
A seemingly bewildered Marquez remains speechless throughout the video before finally turning off the camera.
In a follow-up tweet, the YouTuber claims the incident was alarming due to the fact that she had fallen down the stairs earlier that day. Not only that, Marquez claims that it felt as if she was “pushed” by something prior to the fall.
“I’m trying to put two and two together and I find it so weird that I fell down the stairs earlier today,” Marquez wrote. “I didn’t trip, I wasn’t on my phone I legit just fell down the stiars (sic) as if something pushed me..I find it so bizarre and scary now that this just happened.”
Marquez’s fans were quick to provide answers for why they think the door opened, ranging from the paranormal to more simplistic explanations.
In response to one supporter, Marquez claims to have previously moved after experiencing paranormal activity at a previous residence.
Yes but I moved 😭😭😭— Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) November 26, 2019
Another user suggested, however, that the door likely opened due to air pressure changes from the air conditioning turning on.
But Marquez said that “you can hear the AC turn on at the end of the video,” which is why she finds it “so scary.”
You can hear the AC turn on at the end of the video...which is why I find it so scary— Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) November 26, 2019
Whatever the cause, the incident appears to have seriously spooked Marquez.
The YouTuber’s supporters also provided a list of remedies that included everything from Jesus to incense.
Daisy omg please get black tourmaline crystal and a cross ASAP!!! Don’t do sage, do incense instead.— NICOL CONCILIO (@nicolconcilio) November 26, 2019
Others accused the makeup artist of staging the video entirely just to gain clicks.
“Am I the only one that thinks this is too staged?” Twitter user @ohdarlin__ wrote. “Having seen daisy’s videos she probably would never film in that lighting, and it looks straight out clickbait, considering she posted about going on house hunting a few days before posting this.
Am I the only one that thinks this is too staged? Having seen daisy’s videos she probably would never film in that lighting, and it looks straight out clickbait, considering she posted about going on house hunting a few days before posting this— La queen (@ohdarlin__) November 26, 2019
For what it’s worth, Marquez denied staging the video and claimed it was recorded in the bathroom because of the skincare product being reviewed.
“I had to review that gift set after I was done with my day hence as to why I was filming so late + Since it’s skincare I had to film in the restroom but I didn’t want to take my huge ring light in there so I used my phone to film,” the YouTuber explained. “You’ll understand once the whole video comes out.”
I had to review that gift set after I was done with my day hence as to why I was filming so late + Since it’s skincare I had to film in the restroom but I didn’t want to take my huge ring light in there so I used my phone to film. You’ll understand once the whole video comes out— Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) November 26, 2019
The video in question has yet to drop on YouTube, but fans are eagerly waiting.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.