YouTuber Daisy Marquez catches ‘paranormal activity’ on video, says ‘something’ pushed her down stairs
- Are these tweets about the ‘Bachelor’ or Trump’s impeachment? 2 Months Ago
- Likely file Saudi prince sent to Jeff Bezos’ to hack his phone revealed 2 Months Ago
- Will Olivia Jade have to testify against her mother, Lori Loughlin, in bribery trial? 2 Months Ago
- Gina Rodriguez slammed for promoting ‘American Dirt’ Today 9:26 AM
- Netflix says ‘The Witcher’ is its biggest show. Is it really? Today 8:59 AM
- Tulsi Gabbard sues Hillary Clinton for podcast comments Today 8:53 AM
- Lizzo reps Beyoncé’s Ivy Park collection in adult-themed TikTok Today 7:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Eye for an Eye’ is a fun but messy thriller about revenge Today 7:00 AM
- Which 2020 Democratic candidates post the most cringe? Today 6:30 AM
- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
Prominent beauty YouTuber Daisy Marquez uploaded a bizarre video to Twitter on Thursday that appears to show a door behind her opening on its own.
The 22-year-old, a self-taught makeup artist with more than 1.3 million YouTube subscribers, says the incident unfolded while filming a sponsorship video.
I was in the middle of filming a sponsorship and this just happened... pic.twitter.com/EPZ9Xpkaao— Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) November 26, 2019
Marquez can be seen discussing an e.l.f skincare set when the door behind her suddenly opens, causing the young entrepreneur to stare wide-eyed into the camera.
A seemingly bewildered Marquez remains speechless throughout the video before finally turning off the camera.
In a follow-up tweet, the YouTuber claims the incident was alarming due to the fact that she had fallen down the stairs earlier that day. Not only that, Marquez claims that it felt as if she was “pushed” by something prior to the fall.
“I’m trying to put two and two together and I find it so weird that I fell down the stairs earlier today,” Marquez wrote. “I didn’t trip, I wasn’t on my phone I legit just fell down the stiars (sic) as if something pushed me..I find it so bizarre and scary now that this just happened.”
Marquez’s fans were quick to provide answers for why they think the door opened, ranging from the paranormal to more simplistic explanations.
In response to one supporter, Marquez claims to have previously moved after experiencing paranormal activity at a previous residence.
Yes but I moved 😭😭😭— Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) November 26, 2019
Another user suggested, however, that the door likely opened due to air pressure changes from the air conditioning turning on.
But Marquez said that “you can hear the AC turn on at the end of the video,” which is why she finds it “so scary.”
You can hear the AC turn on at the end of the video...which is why I find it so scary— Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) November 26, 2019
Whatever the cause, the incident appears to have seriously spooked Marquez.
The YouTuber’s supporters also provided a list of remedies that included everything from Jesus to incense.
Daisy omg please get black tourmaline crystal and a cross ASAP!!! Don’t do sage, do incense instead.— NICOL CONCILIO (@nicolconcilio) November 26, 2019
Others accused the makeup artist of staging the video entirely just to gain clicks.
“Am I the only one that thinks this is too staged?” Twitter user @ohdarlin__ wrote. “Having seen daisy’s videos she probably would never film in that lighting, and it looks straight out clickbait, considering she posted about going on house hunting a few days before posting this.
Am I the only one that thinks this is too staged? Having seen daisy’s videos she probably would never film in that lighting, and it looks straight out clickbait, considering she posted about going on house hunting a few days before posting this— La queen (@ohdarlin__) November 26, 2019
For what it’s worth, Marquez denied staging the video and claimed it was recorded in the bathroom because of the skincare product being reviewed.
“I had to review that gift set after I was done with my day hence as to why I was filming so late + Since it’s skincare I had to film in the restroom but I didn’t want to take my huge ring light in there so I used my phone to film,” the YouTuber explained. “You’ll understand once the whole video comes out.”
I had to review that gift set after I was done with my day hence as to why I was filming so late + Since it’s skincare I had to film in the restroom but I didn’t want to take my huge ring light in there so I used my phone to film. You’ll understand once the whole video comes out— Daisy Marquez (@daisymarquez_) November 26, 2019
The video in question has yet to drop on YouTube, but fans are eagerly waiting.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.