- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 7 Years Ago
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Today 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Today 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Today 10:50 AM
- YouTuber renames small town ‘Gay Hell’ to defy Trump Pride policy Today 10:43 AM
- John Cusack blames Twitter bot for anti-Semitic tweet Today 10:18 AM
- YouTube rapper who glorifies pimping has been charged with human trafficking Today 10:09 AM
- Amy Klobuchar lists net neutrality as part of her 100-day plan for presidency Today 8:54 AM
- Reddit just banned the NBA Streams subreddit Today 8:17 AM
- How to watch ‘Drunk History’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Unit 42’ soars on the chemistry of its unlikely lead partners Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Good Trouble’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- It’s time for Pete Buttigieg to claim his status as Short King Today 6:30 AM
- The best foreign-language TV shows on Netflix Today 6:00 AM
- Hasan Minhaj explains why your internet sucks in ‘Patriot Act’ episode, puts it on DVD Monday 8:41 PM
“My Collection of Cool Stuff on My Wood Floor” shows artsy photos of items that hipsters covet—with a surprise sex toy in every shot!
Wes Anderson, director of such indie darlings as The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore, has a unique cinematic style. Among his many signature moves is to feature overhead shots that focus on boring, everyday items (and in one instance, the bloody arms of a suicidal Luke Wilson).
That trick may have been the inspiration for a new single-serving Tumblr called My Collection of Cool Stuff on My Wood Floor. The page does exactly what its title suggests: It shows an overhead picture of various neatly-laid out objects. Each image is accompanied by twee text. Oh yeah, and there’s also a not-so-subtle insertive sex toy— dildo, to use the parlance of our times—in every shot.
The Tumblr, which first appeared on Oct. 9, only has 7 entries but they’re all real winners. Below is a collection of three of our favorites, along with the matching captions.
“Tied up my YOLOroids with some twine. Double-decker leather-bound journals full of feelings I one day hope to have. God, if you’re listening, please send me a boyfriend. I’m so lonely. “
“Gonna pour this artisanal maple syrup ALL over this twig I bought on Etsy.”
“Can’t wait to try out my new custom bike seat. #LIFEHACK”
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.