- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Today 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Today 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Today 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Today 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Today 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Today 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Today 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Today 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Today 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Today 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Today 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Today 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Today 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Today 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Today 7:56 AM
“My Collection of Cool Stuff on My Wood Floor” shows artsy photos of items that hipsters covet—with a surprise sex toy in every shot!
Wes Anderson, director of such indie darlings as The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore, has a unique cinematic style. Among his many signature moves is to feature overhead shots that focus on boring, everyday items (and in one instance, the bloody arms of a suicidal Luke Wilson).
That trick may have been the inspiration for a new single-serving Tumblr called My Collection of Cool Stuff on My Wood Floor. The page does exactly what its title suggests: It shows an overhead picture of various neatly-laid out objects. Each image is accompanied by twee text. Oh yeah, and there’s also a not-so-subtle insertive sex toy— dildo, to use the parlance of our times—in every shot.
The Tumblr, which first appeared on Oct. 9, only has 7 entries but they’re all real winners. Below is a collection of three of our favorites, along with the matching captions.
“Tied up my YOLOroids with some twine. Double-decker leather-bound journals full of feelings I one day hope to have. God, if you’re listening, please send me a boyfriend. I’m so lonely. “
“Gonna pour this artisanal maple syrup ALL over this twig I bought on Etsy.”
“Can’t wait to try out my new custom bike seat. #LIFEHACK”
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.