- The new ‘Hunger Games’ book paints President Snow as a hero—and people are not happy Tuesday 9:03 PM
- Influencer called out for ‘troubling image’ with Kenyan child Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Professor arrested for spending $185K of grant money on iTunes and strippers Tuesday 7:28 PM
- Man cuts his books in half to make them ‘portable,’ spurs online debate Tuesday 6:09 PM
- Fans defend Lana Del Rey after she was mocked for flying commercial Tuesday 5:10 PM
- Lady Gaga fans find alleged new song name in her website’s code Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Barstool Sports deletes anti-union tweets, blog post in settlement Tuesday 3:47 PM
- The ‘can have … as a treat’ meme has come full circle Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Joe Rogan says he’s voting for Bernie Sanders Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Woman spots mole in man’s TikTok video, saves him from cancer Tuesday 2:17 PM
- ‘You’ star confirms his character is queer and ‘never will be’ straight Tuesday 1:08 PM
- This Twitch streamer pooped his pants during a broadcast Tuesday 12:17 PM
- Apple’s iCloud encryption plan halted amid FBI pressure, report Tuesday 10:57 AM
- Glenn Greenwald charged with cybercrimes in Brazil Tuesday 10:48 AM
- BadBunny rips her fans for not sending her enough money Tuesday 10:06 AM
New Tumblr features photos of hipster fashions—and sex toys
“My Collection of Cool Stuff on My Wood Floor” shows artsy photos of items that hipsters covet—with a surprise sex toy in every shot!
Wes Anderson, director of such indie darlings as The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore, has a unique cinematic style. Among his many signature moves is to feature overhead shots that focus on boring, everyday items (and in one instance, the bloody arms of a suicidal Luke Wilson).
That trick may have been the inspiration for a new single-serving Tumblr called My Collection of Cool Stuff on My Wood Floor. The page does exactly what its title suggests: It shows an overhead picture of various neatly-laid out objects. Each image is accompanied by twee text. Oh yeah, and there’s also a not-so-subtle insertive sex toy— dildo, to use the parlance of our times—in every shot.
The Tumblr, which first appeared on Oct. 9, only has 7 entries but they’re all real winners. Below is a collection of three of our favorites, along with the matching captions.
“Tied up my YOLOroids with some twine. Double-decker leather-bound journals full of feelings I one day hope to have. God, if you’re listening, please send me a boyfriend. I’m so lonely. “
“Gonna pour this artisanal maple syrup ALL over this twig I bought on Etsy.”
“Can’t wait to try out my new custom bike seat. #LIFEHACK”
Fidel Martinez is a web culture and politics reporter. His work for the Daily Dot focused on Reddit and YouTube.