- Oops: Christians petition Netflix to cancel Amazon Prime’s ‘Good Omens’ 4 Years Ago
- Popular YouTuber threatens suicide on social media, goes missing Today 9:17 AM
- ‘Neon Genesis Evangelion’ is finally coming to Netflix Today 9:07 AM
- Congress isn’t too keen on Facebook starting a cryptocurrency Today 8:56 AM
- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige Today 8:02 AM
- How to watch the U.S. women vs. Sweden online for free Today 7:00 AM
- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
Trick shot stars Dude Perfect head to TV
Dude Perfect will join the ever-growing list of YouTube stars making the jump to television.
Dude Perfect will join the ever-growing list of YouTube stars making the jump to television. The sports and comedy supergroup, consisting of five best friends based out of Dallas, has landed a series order for The Dude Perfect Show (working title) at TV network CMT.
Produced by Rob Dyrdek’s Superjacket Productions, The Dude Perfect Show will follow the YouTube supergroup as the members go about their daily video-making lives of coming up with concepts and figuring out their next viral video. The series will also show how all five members of the group work with athletes and celebrities, meet fans at events, organize performances and stunts, and more. Dyrdek will executive produce The Dude Perfect Show alongside Superjacket’s Shane Nickerson and CMT’s Jayson Dinsmore and Matthew Trierweiler. The comedy and live-action stunts TV series is set for release sometime in 2016.
“We are super excited to be working with Superjacket and CMT on the series,” Dude Perfect said in a joint statement, as reported by Variety. “We have fans from all over the world constantly asking us for more visibility into the daily lives of Dude Perfect and how we get to work with these amazing athletes, entertainers and iconic sports venues. This show will regularly take fun to the next level and allow the viewers to virtually join us and be part of our incredible journeys.”
“Way beyond the insane trick shots, these guys are truly an All-American brotherhood that turned a passion into an amazing business,” added Dyrdek. “This show will give their fans and the world an inside look at their camaraderie and the fun they have behind the viral hits they produce.”
The Dude Perfect guys made the announcement about The Dude Perfect Show in a video on CMT’s website, which you can see below. The YouTube supergroup currently boasts over 6.6 million subscribers and more than 905 million total video views on its channel.
Screengrab via Dude Perfect/YouTube