- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
- How to stream the 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Monday 2:04 PM
Trick shot stars Dude Perfect head to TV
Dude Perfect will join the ever-growing list of YouTube stars making the jump to television.
Dude Perfect will join the ever-growing list of YouTube stars making the jump to television. The sports and comedy supergroup, consisting of five best friends based out of Dallas, has landed a series order for The Dude Perfect Show (working title) at TV network CMT.
Produced by Rob Dyrdek’s Superjacket Productions, The Dude Perfect Show will follow the YouTube supergroup as the members go about their daily video-making lives of coming up with concepts and figuring out their next viral video. The series will also show how all five members of the group work with athletes and celebrities, meet fans at events, organize performances and stunts, and more. Dyrdek will executive produce The Dude Perfect Show alongside Superjacket’s Shane Nickerson and CMT’s Jayson Dinsmore and Matthew Trierweiler. The comedy and live-action stunts TV series is set for release sometime in 2016.
“We are super excited to be working with Superjacket and CMT on the series,” Dude Perfect said in a joint statement, as reported by Variety. “We have fans from all over the world constantly asking us for more visibility into the daily lives of Dude Perfect and how we get to work with these amazing athletes, entertainers and iconic sports venues. This show will regularly take fun to the next level and allow the viewers to virtually join us and be part of our incredible journeys.”
“Way beyond the insane trick shots, these guys are truly an All-American brotherhood that turned a passion into an amazing business,” added Dyrdek. “This show will give their fans and the world an inside look at their camaraderie and the fun they have behind the viral hits they produce.”
The Dude Perfect guys made the announcement about The Dude Perfect Show in a video on CMT’s website, which you can see below. The YouTube supergroup currently boasts over 6.6 million subscribers and more than 905 million total video views on its channel.
Screengrab via Dude Perfect/YouTube