- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Christina Aguilera was denied from singing with a local band, and people are upset
Everett Collection/Shutterstock (Licensed)
‘Imagine turning down a legend.’
Christina Aguilera asked a band in New Orleans if she could sing with them, and she was totally denied. Someone who was at the bar while it was going down posted a video of the interaction on Twitter. People couldn’t believe anyone would stop Xtina from using her vocals.
“My wife is in New Orleans and last night at the bar she was at, comes in @xtina!!! She asked the house band if she can sing a tune and… Nope! As if she was denied?! That would have been so cool to see her sing. More to the story Christina?” a person wrote on Twitter with a video of Aguilera asking to sing.
My wife is in New Orleans and last night at the bar she was at, comes in @xtina!!! She asked the house band if she can sing a tune and… Nope! As if she was denied?! That would have been so cool to see her sing. More to the story Christina? pic.twitter.com/NoWTwkYfyL
— drMediaPro (@drMediaPro) November 9, 2018
Aguilera was in New Orleans for a stop on her “Liberation” tour. At her show the next day, she explained to the audience what happened. “He was not feeling me. He was not going to give up his mic,” she said, laughing.
— Marchaund Jones (@meezy1991) November 10, 2018
The man who wouldn’t share the mic, Claude Bryant of Claude Bryant and the All Stars, saw the video and said he didn’t realize the random person asking to sing with him was none other than Aguilera.
“I’m sorry Christina, I just didn’t recognize you! I didn’t recognize her because she had a cap over here head and over her eyes. She was in a jersey. She didn’t introduce herself to me, but she had very soft hands and that got my attention,” he told WGNO TV. “I asked her if she wanted to dance and she said that she wanted to sing. I started playing the beginning riff of the song, ‘No, No, No,’ by Bob Marley but then her bodyguard picked her up off the stage, and she left.”
People on Twitter couldn’t believe it either.
“Imagine turning down a legend??? Cursetina GET EM,” one person wrote.
imagine turning down a legend??? 😭 Cursetina GET EM
— ❣️ (@levolti) November 9, 2018
“Smh, did they not realize who they were talking to? LOL Imean, she obviously took it like a normal person and not a diva, but imagine hearing her belt out with a live band in a NOLA music bar??” another person said.
smh, did they not realize who they were talking to? LOLL i mean, she obviously took it like a normal person and not a diva, but imagine hearing her belt out with a live band in a NOLA music bar??
— Mark Sundstrom (@106th) November 10, 2018
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.