- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
Christina Aguilera asked a band in New Orleans if she could sing with them, and she was totally denied. Someone who was at the bar while it was going down posted a video of the interaction on Twitter. People couldn’t believe anyone would stop Xtina from using her vocals.
“My wife is in New Orleans and last night at the bar she was at, comes in @xtina!!! She asked the house band if she can sing a tune and… Nope! As if she was denied?! That would have been so cool to see her sing. More to the story Christina?” a person wrote on Twitter with a video of Aguilera asking to sing.
My wife is in New Orleans and last night at the bar she was at, comes in @xtina!!! She asked the house band if she can sing a tune and... Nope! As if she was denied?! That would have been so cool to see her sing. More to the story Christina? pic.twitter.com/NoWTwkYfyL— drMediaPro (@drMediaPro) November 9, 2018
Aguilera was in New Orleans for a stop on her “Liberation” tour. At her show the next day, she explained to the audience what happened. “He was not feeling me. He was not going to give up his mic,” she said, laughing.
The man who wouldn’t share the mic, Claude Bryant of Claude Bryant and the All Stars, saw the video and said he didn’t realize the random person asking to sing with him was none other than Aguilera.
“I’m sorry Christina, I just didn’t recognize you! I didn’t recognize her because she had a cap over here head and over her eyes. She was in a jersey. She didn’t introduce herself to me, but she had very soft hands and that got my attention,” he told WGNO TV. “I asked her if she wanted to dance and she said that she wanted to sing. I started playing the beginning riff of the song, ‘No, No, No,’ by Bob Marley but then her bodyguard picked her up off the stage, and she left.”
People on Twitter couldn’t believe it either.
“Imagine turning down a legend??? Cursetina GET EM,” one person wrote.
imagine turning down a legend??? 😭 Cursetina GET EM— d 👻 (@levolti) November 9, 2018
“Smh, did they not realize who they were talking to? LOL Imean, she obviously took it like a normal person and not a diva, but imagine hearing her belt out with a live band in a NOLA music bar??” another person said.
smh, did they not realize who they were talking to? LOLL i mean, she obviously took it like a normal person and not a diva, but imagine hearing her belt out with a live band in a NOLA music bar??— Mark Sundstrom (@106th) November 10, 2018
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.