- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Chrissy Teigen is extremely here for this full-frontal naked dating show
Chrissy Teigen is in the United Kingdom and stumbled upon Naked Attraction while channel-surfing in her hotel room on Sunday. The English dating show sets couples up based on how much they’re into a nude potential mate. Similar shows abound here in the States, but this one doesn’t shy away from gratuitous naked stuff.
It was popular enough to warrant a second season on British station Channel 4, and Teigen was dumbfounded at, you know, seeing genitals on public TV in a foreign country. Cue the shocked tweetstorm.
Uh there is something called Naked Attraction on here in london and WHAT TF IS THIS it's dating based on genitals. Like I'm seeing pp's— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) September 10, 2017
Oh my god they are just looking at genitalia. It's zooming in on penis and balls— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) September 10, 2017
Pretty sure most folks can relate:
I would die if I were the first person eliminated based strictly on genitals— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) September 10, 2017
Josh: "if I could change one thing about myself it'd probably be uhhh my uhhh feet they're uhhh too big heh heh" oh wow josh— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) September 10, 2017
Eventually, hotel staff entered her room with food, and she nervously flipped the channel:
Room service came and I had to pretend to be watching tennis pic.twitter.com/jg33rTxuSC— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) September 10, 2017
For its part, the series has been acclaimed as a body-positive show that celebrates diversity. As Metro writes: “Yes, on the face of it, this is a superficial dating show in the most obvious sense of the word, but it’s streets ahead of boring cisgender shows like Love Island or Take Me Out.”
Watch an episode below, just remember that you’re going to see full-frontal nudity and it’s definitely NSFW.
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.