- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post 4 Years Ago
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
- How ‘and I oop’ became the perfect reaction meme for shocking developments Today 8:47 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Perfection’ is a totally unhinged, WTF horror film Today 8:00 AM
- ‘After Maria’ looks at the long road to recovery after Hurricane Maria Today 7:30 AM
- ‘Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic’ movie is reportedly in the works Today 7:04 AM
- Why do conservatives hate Ocasio-Cortez’s community garden? Today 6:30 AM
Chrissy Teigen posts provocative photo on Instagram—but this time not of herself
Instagram has not yet responded.
This article contains sexually explicit content.
Less than 24 hours after Justin Bieber’s butt started making the (ahem) rounds on Instagram, Chrissy Teigen has contributed a nude shot of her own: this time of a man who appears to be her husband, John Legend.
Teigen has a long history of posting nude photos on the app, culminating in a series of posts last week of herself topless, with one nipple exposed. Instagram—which explicitly bans nudity, including “sexual intercourse, genitals, and close-ups of fully-nude buttocks”—promptly removed each of Teigen’s variations of the photo. (Instagram does make exceptions for post-mastectomy and breastfeeding photos, after much public outcry.)
Meanwhile, Bieber’s photo of his fully exposed buttocks remains up on the site. (All three posts have been screencapped instead of embedded in this article in case of removal.)
Teigen, for her part, seems to have recognized the apparent double standard; the former Sports Illustrated model tagged Instagram’s account in the comment on her post, seemingly to draw the administrators’ attention to the photo. She’s remained quiet on Twitter, however, where she previously promised the once-banned nipple “will be back.”
the nipple has been temporarily silenced but she will be back, oh yes, she will be back
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) June 29, 2015
While Tiegen appears to have been motivated by the Bieber photo given the timing, she has not clarified whether it spurned her latest picture. The Daily Dot reached out to Instagram for comment on why Bieber’s photo was allowed to remain live; we will update if we hear back.
Photo via chrissyteigen/Instagram
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.