- Keanu Reeves could join the MCU, according to Kevin Feige 4 Years Ago
- How to watch the U.S. women vs. Sweden online for free Today 7:00 AM
- What were these QAnon fans doing posing at Guantanamo Bay? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the 2019 NBA Draft online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Ta-Nehisi Coates dismantles Mitch McConnell’s anti-reparations argument Wednesday 7:52 PM
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes Wednesday 7:04 PM
- Joe Biden really, really hates raves Wednesday 6:02 PM
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Wednesday 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Wednesday 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Wednesday 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Wednesday 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Wednesday 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Wednesday 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Wednesday 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Wednesday 2:45 PM
Chrissy Teigen posts provocative photo on Instagram—but this time not of herself
Instagram has not yet responded.
This article contains sexually explicit content.
Less than 24 hours after Justin Bieber’s butt started making the (ahem) rounds on Instagram, Chrissy Teigen has contributed a nude shot of her own: this time of a man who appears to be her husband, John Legend.
Teigen has a long history of posting nude photos on the app, culminating in a series of posts last week of herself topless, with one nipple exposed. Instagram—which explicitly bans nudity, including “sexual intercourse, genitals, and close-ups of fully-nude buttocks”—promptly removed each of Teigen’s variations of the photo. (Instagram does make exceptions for post-mastectomy and breastfeeding photos, after much public outcry.)
Meanwhile, Bieber’s photo of his fully exposed buttocks remains up on the site. (All three posts have been screencapped instead of embedded in this article in case of removal.)
Teigen, for her part, seems to have recognized the apparent double standard; the former Sports Illustrated model tagged Instagram’s account in the comment on her post, seemingly to draw the administrators’ attention to the photo. She’s remained quiet on Twitter, however, where she previously promised the once-banned nipple “will be back.”
the nipple has been temporarily silenced but she will be back, oh yes, she will be back
— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) June 29, 2015
While Tiegen appears to have been motivated by the Bieber photo given the timing, she has not clarified whether it spurned her latest picture. The Daily Dot reached out to Instagram for comment on why Bieber’s photo was allowed to remain live; we will update if we hear back.
Photo via chrissyteigen/Instagram
Monica Riese now serves as the Daily Dot’s director of production, having previously been the publication’s entertainment editor and assistant managing editor. She is based in Austin, Texas, and formerly contributed to the Austin Chronicle, where her breaking news work was recognized by the Association of Alternative Newsweeklies.