- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Monday 12:47 PM
- Fighting over the ‘Marriage Story’ fight scene becomes a meme Monday 12:41 PM
- ‘Trump is innocent!’: InfoWars correspondent interrupts impeachment hearing Monday 12:12 PM
- Video shows runner smacking reporter’s butt on live TV Monday 11:46 AM
Chrissy Teigen is the queen of being relatable, and on Monday she shared details about a time jealousy led her to freak out on her husband, John Legend. It’s something anyone who’s ever been attacked by the green-eyed monster in a relationship can definitely relate to.
Teigen admitted she had a “jealousy-fueled meltdown” on the set of Legend’s 2008 music video for “Green Light.” Her confession that she’d “made an asshole” of herself left her Twitter followers begging for the full story.
Fun fact, I had a jealously-fueled meltdown visiting this video set and made an asshole out of myself to a large group of people. https://t.co/SiE3h9aisY— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 30, 2018
And as it turns out, Teigen’s issue with the song (which she’s said before is her least favorite of her hubby’s songs) is not just that it’s “corny.”
maybe subconsciously but mostly I just thought it was corny 😬😬 LOVE YOU JOHNNY!!!! https://t.co/03EkwIeXXB— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 30, 2018
So after conferring with Legend about the facts of the story, Teigen laid it out for her followers.
Ok after a brief refresh with john, I have pieced together small bits of information— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 30, 2018
Per Teigen, Legend’s managers and other people working on the “Green Light” video tried to rile her up with comments about how “BEAAAAAAUUUUTIFUL” some of the actresses were, especially the woman playing Legend’s love interest.
...and they were! But in my mind they not only were talking about it, they were talking about it on purpose to rile me up. Looking back and knowing how well I know them now, THEY WERE DEFINITELY RILING ME UP AND GETTING A KICK OUT OF IT— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 30, 2018
And since Teigen met Legend on the set of a music video herself, she couldn’t help but feel suspicious—and jealous—over the close contact she was seeing between Legend and the other woman on the monitor.
Keep in mind john and I met on a video. I was that girl! I know how this shit works!— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 30, 2018
As anyone that’s ever been jealous of their significant other can relate to, Teigen was imagining not-so-innocent dialogue between Legend and the actress. She held it in long enough to witness “a few more shoulder touches and laughs”—and that’s when Teigen says she “lost it.”
“Anger turned to sobbing turned to fleeing the set and getting a hotel room,” she explained.
A few more shoulder touches and laughs with her later, I lost it. Anger turned to sobbing turned to fleeing the set and getting a hotel room. The director (ALAN FERGUSON!) was baffled. Everyone was.— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 30, 2018
But looking back, Teigen knows her whole dramatic outburst was rooted in her being “jealous” and “angry” in her early 20s.
“I’m better now,” she said (but like most of us, she’s still occasionally susceptible to jealousy).
What a boring story. Happy anniversary, Green Light video!!!— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 30, 2018
The best part is, 10 years after the “Green Light” video, Teigen and Legend are still goals AF.
May another beautiful actress never come between them again.
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.