- Marianne Williams announces plan for a Department of Peace 1 Year Ago
- PewDiePie marries Marzia—and shares photos of YouTube’s royal wedding 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Club América vs. Tigres UANL in the Leagues Cup semis Today 8:17 AM
- Deadpool unmasked: Here’s everything you need to know about Marvel’s anti-hero Today 7:53 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team AFC preview Today 7:45 AM
- Invader Zim is still delightfully weird in ‘Enter the Florpus’ Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is getting a totally unnecessary re-release Today 6:43 AM
- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
These days, Instagram has become proliferated with fitness and lifestyle models who seem to boast impossibly perfect figures and lead even more impossibly perfect lives, often from tropical locales that many of us could only dream to afford. Of course, “impossible” is the key word here, as many of these models have a little help from the right lighting and angles and a touch of Photoshop here and there. Not to mention, all of the not-so-subtle corporate branding they to do afford such luxury.
Chrissy Teigen recognizes this, so on Saturday the body positive advocate took to Twitter to poke some fun at those so-called Instagram models. “I have been training to be an Instagram fitness model,” she wrote. “This is after one bag of tea and 5 reps of 2 squats!!!! If I can do it so Can U!!!!”
i have been training. to be an Instagram fitness model. this is after one bag of tea and 5 reps of 2 squats !!!! If I can do it so Can U!!!! pic.twitter.com/6IdVHPwMa9— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 29, 2018
As with most of Teigen’s burns, the joke was short, succinct, and to the point. As others chimed in, the mother of two joked back and had some fun with her followers.
Your results were SO amazing that I increased the tea from 1 bag to 1 box, but I could only do 1/2 rep on the squats before all hell broke loose. WTF?? 🤦🏼♀️😳😂 pic.twitter.com/bpFcNhhvaU— Marsha Stoddard (@marsha_stoddard) July 29, 2018
keep going uGot this!— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 29, 2018
Chrissy. after this tweet, you have inspired me to become a better me. Im going all in. I have decided to buy FaceTune. Also does Lipton tea work or— Karsen Sample (@SampleofKarsen) July 29, 2018
yes any tea Lipton or earl gray good— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 29, 2018
You forgot to tag the tea brand— Jen Atkin Hair (@jenatkinhair) July 29, 2018
As usual, there were a few who didn’t quite get the joke.
So what y'all can't see the photo is highly wap.. real image in the mirror— kwesi Nikon (@kwesi_nikon) July 29, 2018
Teigen naturally responded with her trademark sarcasm:
wow u got me— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 29, 2018
Or others did it for her:
As usual, Teigen, Photoshopped or not, proves that she’s somebody we can all model ourselves after.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.