- Jeremy Corbyn Rickrolls everyone ahead of British election Today 10:18 AM
- Trisha Paytas denies accidentally exposing herself on TikTok Today 10:04 AM
- Report: Barr wants tech antitrust probe wrapped up in 2020 Today 9:59 AM
- ‘Zybourne Clock’ original art is selling for over $4,000 on eBay Today 9:11 AM
- What is TikTok famous club, and can you trust it? Today 9:03 AM
- ‘John Wick 4’ and ‘The Matrix 4,’ both starring Keanu Reeves, will come out on the same day Today 8:54 AM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 15: It’s Tannehill’s world Today 8:45 AM
- Trump mocks Greta Thunberg over ‘person of the year’ win Today 7:55 AM
- Temple student refers to Philly as the ‘ghetto’ in ‘unacceptable’ TikTok Today 7:52 AM
- The decade the hucksters overran the halls of power Today 6:30 AM
- Ninja mocked for not knowing how to make a sandwich Wednesday 9:30 PM
- Marvel comics writer discusses misogyny in the industry Wednesday 9:09 PM
- TikTok conspiracy theorists think Juice WRLD is still alive Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Conservatives are protesting YouTube’s new harassment rules Wednesday 5:36 PM
- YouTuber’s ‘creepy’ comment about Taylor Swift’s eggs gets ratioed Wednesday 5:31 PM
These days, Instagram has become proliferated with fitness and lifestyle models who seem to boast impossibly perfect figures and lead even more impossibly perfect lives, often from tropical locales that many of us could only dream to afford. Of course, “impossible” is the key word here, as many of these models have a little help from the right lighting and angles and a touch of Photoshop here and there. Not to mention, all of the not-so-subtle corporate branding they to do afford such luxury.
Chrissy Teigen recognizes this, so on Saturday the body positive advocate took to Twitter to poke some fun at those so-called Instagram models. “I have been training to be an Instagram fitness model,” she wrote. “This is after one bag of tea and 5 reps of 2 squats!!!! If I can do it so Can U!!!!”
i have been training. to be an Instagram fitness model. this is after one bag of tea and 5 reps of 2 squats !!!! If I can do it so Can U!!!! pic.twitter.com/6IdVHPwMa9— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 29, 2018
As with most of Teigen’s burns, the joke was short, succinct, and to the point. As others chimed in, the mother of two joked back and had some fun with her followers.
Your results were SO amazing that I increased the tea from 1 bag to 1 box, but I could only do 1/2 rep on the squats before all hell broke loose. WTF?? 🤦🏼♀️😳😂 pic.twitter.com/bpFcNhhvaU— Marsha Stoddard (@marsha_stoddard) July 29, 2018
keep going uGot this!— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 29, 2018
Chrissy. after this tweet, you have inspired me to become a better me. Im going all in. I have decided to buy FaceTune. Also does Lipton tea work or— Karsen Sample (@SampleofKarsen) July 29, 2018
yes any tea Lipton or earl gray good— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 29, 2018
You forgot to tag the tea brand— Jen Atkin Hair (@jenatkinhair) July 29, 2018
As usual, there were a few who didn’t quite get the joke.
So what y'all can't see the photo is highly wap.. real image in the mirror— kwesi Nikon (@kwesi_nikon) July 29, 2018
Teigen naturally responded with her trademark sarcasm:
wow u got me— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 29, 2018
Or others did it for her:
As usual, Teigen, Photoshopped or not, proves that she’s somebody we can all model ourselves after.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.