- Marianne Williams announces plan for a Department of Peace 1 Year Ago
- PewDiePie marries Marzia—and shares photos of YouTube’s royal wedding 1 Year Ago
- How to stream Club América vs. Tigres UANL in the Leagues Cup semis Today 8:17 AM
- Deadpool unmasked: Here’s everything you need to know about Marvel’s anti-hero Today 7:53 AM
- Fantasy football 2019: Your team-by-team AFC preview Today 7:45 AM
- Invader Zim is still delightfully weird in ‘Enter the Florpus’ Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ is getting a totally unnecessary re-release Today 6:43 AM
- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
One of the early lessons of fatherhood entails learning to remain even-keeled about everything that happens to a child. Because for every unimaginable high there’s going to be a time when things aren’t going so spectacular. A father must remain unfazed.
Chrissy Teigen’s dad apparently has mastered being unfazed by the incredible accomplishments of his daughter and son-in-law, John Legend. On Thursday, after word reached the couple that Legend was nominated for two Emmy Awards for his work on Jesus Christ Superstar, Teigen texted the fantastic news to her father.
Dad reacted in the most chill—and dad-like—way possible.
dad is thrilled! pic.twitter.com/n00AHqOVbz— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 12, 2018
Look, he’s a man, and men MUST announce every good deal to the world. He probably got that card adapter for a song, and it’s not TRULY a deal unless he tells someone. I’m not entirely sure how that replaces a thumb drive, but whatever, a good deal is a goddamn good deal!
Maybe dad is just numb to all the good news or he didn’t want to admit to being clueless as to what the hell an EGOT does.
If it’s on sale though, dad is in!
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.