- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
One of the early lessons of fatherhood entails learning to remain even-keeled about everything that happens to a child. Because for every unimaginable high there’s going to be a time when things aren’t going so spectacular. A father must remain unfazed.
Chrissy Teigen’s dad apparently has mastered being unfazed by the incredible accomplishments of his daughter and son-in-law, John Legend. On Thursday, after word reached the couple that Legend was nominated for two Emmy Awards for his work on Jesus Christ Superstar, Teigen texted the fantastic news to her father.
Dad reacted in the most chill—and dad-like—way possible.
dad is thrilled! pic.twitter.com/n00AHqOVbz— christine teigen (@chrissyteigen) July 12, 2018
Look, he’s a man, and men MUST announce every good deal to the world. He probably got that card adapter for a song, and it’s not TRULY a deal unless he tells someone. I’m not entirely sure how that replaces a thumb drive, but whatever, a good deal is a goddamn good deal!
Maybe dad is just numb to all the good news or he didn’t want to admit to being clueless as to what the hell an EGOT does.
If it’s on sale though, dad is in!
Chris Illuminati is an author and reporter whose work for the Daily Dot focuses on meme culture. His work has been published in Rolling Stone, FanSided, BroBible, Penthouse, and AskMen.