- Backpack Kid sues Fortnite developer over flossing emote 1 Year Ago
- Conservatives rage at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘week of self-care’ Today 4:02 PM
- 2 inflatable snowmen fought in front of a combo KFC/Taco Bell Today 2:47 PM
- How to watch the Boca Raton Bowl online for free Today 2:43 PM
- DAZN KOs YouTube, Snapchat as (temporarily) the most downloaded app Today 1:57 PM
- AT&T says it’s rolling out 5G service this week Today 1:03 PM
- NY state senator tells woman staffer ‘Kill yourself!’ in a tweet Today 12:54 PM
- This Lil Jon-Kool-Aid Man Christmas jam is as extra as you’d expect Today 12:13 PM
- YouTube stars say unfair copyright claims are making their lives hell Today 12:12 PM
- UPS deletes tweet about shredding letters to North Pole after huge backlash Today 11:21 AM
- Viral petition leads to revised Holland Tunnel Christmas decor Today 11:10 AM
- Paul Ryan’s self-serving farewell tour is the bane of the internet right now Today 10:59 AM
- ‘Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ renewed for seasons 3 and 4 Today 10:59 AM
- Former NASA engineer dupes package thieves into opening this epic glitter bomb Today 10:54 AM
- Trump officials withheld abortion from raped migrant teen Today 10:21 AM
Whoever does the jumbotron for the Chicago Bulls definitely reads tweets.
Chance the Rapper was a guest at Monday night’s faceoff against the Cleveland Cavaliers, and on top of the requisite nachos and in-seat dancing you’d expect at any sporting event, he got one big surprise: the team called him “father/zaddy” on the jumbotron.
It’s a reference to a tweet Chance sent on Nov. 14—after attending a Knicks game while in New York to host Saturday Night Live, the Grammy winner was put up on the Madison Square Garden jumbotron with the more redundant title of “rapper.”
At the time, Chance had tweeted jokingly that “in the future, the titles ‘father’ and ‘zaddy'” would also be acceptable:
In the future, the titles “Father” and “Zaddy” are both acceptable.
— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) November 14, 2017
Fast forward a few weeks and his hometown team has delivered for him with an updated chyron. As you might expect, fans got a kick out of it:
the bulls fixed it. chance the rapper is officially father/zaddy pic.twitter.com/p400aBXc2J
— Whitney Medworth (@its_whitney) December 5, 2017
— 404 Error 💔🖤 (@iMoniieLuv) December 5, 2017
Sometimes it’s the simple things.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.