- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme 11 Months Ago
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Today 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Today 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Today 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Today 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Today 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Today 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Today 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Today 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
It all started with an Instagram post on Monday. Dion shared a pic of herself in an edgy yellow suit, wearing some shades and gazing out of a window at a foggy skyline. Maybe it was her hands-on-knees pose or her stone-cold serious expression, but filmmaker Matthew Cherry couldn’t help but notice this looked like the cover art for a very different kind of Celine Dion album.
Monday night, he asked his Twitter followers to throw out some suggestions for the title of this new mixtape.
What’s the name of this mixtape? pic.twitter.com/7ygYdCkHLP
— Matthew A. Cherry (@MatthewACherry) July 24, 2018
All eyes on oui
— KRS2 (@Krsdylan) July 24, 2018
Near, Far, Wherever You Ain’t
— Joss (@jossdeanna) July 24, 2018
Bad et Bourgeois
— Ashe Elizabeth (@ashe_elizabeth) July 24, 2018
Views … but from the inside pic.twitter.com/k5fSNz7c3I
— Joe Smith (@joesmith628) July 24, 2018
All by my Damn Self…the Remixes
— Kedrin Bell (@Keddibear) July 24, 2018
— PresCEO (@BJPresCEO) July 24, 2018
Sounds like Dion definitely has some new eras the fandom is ready to see her career go through.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.