- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America 7 Months Ago
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Today 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Today 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Today 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Today 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
Cedric Bixler-Zavala is roasting haters on Beto O’Rourke’s Instagram
Instagram user @thomas.crow commented “Uncultured swine” on one of O’Rourke’s Instagram posts. Bixler-Zavala responded, “Don’t u have an innocent creature to shoot……yeah we know what side of the purge you’ll be on. Privilege. The other white meat.”
Bixler-Zavala directed another burn toward Instagram user @erikpeterson7, who commented, “Beto, we really need you to raise that communist flag. Be proud you are a communist, don’t hide it.”
Erik with all due respect to that basic ass thing you do called graphic design maybe u should learn to draw a flag first before u parade yourself as a low-level bottom feeder from the grand old days of the red scare. Don’t hide it mija. U are as basic as your art. I believe there are a bunch of cruz fan pages who would love for u and your little fucking teeth to gnaw, wait sorry….suckle…that’s better….suckle at the tit of old grandpa fucking Munster.
In another charming exchange, Instagram user @jrogmac commented, “Beto’s face on my 65 inch flatscreen is getting old. Plus, what’s with all those bumps on his top lip? Can’t wait till this cycle’s over.” Bixler-Zavala truly wasn’t having it.
“Mija that’s a fucking mirror. I don’t know who told you differently but you’re welcome.”
Bixler-Zavala and O’Rourke go way back; they played in a punk band, Foss, together back in the ‘90s. While their paths diverged, Bixler-Zavala still backs up his old bandmate and praises him for his grassroots, DIY ethos. “I learned how to fuck shit up from [Foss]” Bixler-Zavala told Remezcla. “I truly believe Beto to be the answer. He really gives a fuck.”
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.