- Discord allegedly used to lure teenager boy to Florida trailer housing sex slave Tuesday 7:36 PM
- Millie Bobby Brown has the wrong take on ‘You’ Tuesday 6:42 PM
- Why is Tony Stark missing from the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer? Tuesday 6:00 PM
- The creepy texts this woman received are eerily similar to Netflix’s ‘You’ Tuesday 4:20 PM
- Roku defends decision to host InfoWars amid online backlash (updated) Tuesday 4:04 PM
- Pump yourself up for ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 with this masterfully edited hype video Tuesday 2:35 PM
- NBC asked reporters not to call Steve King’s comments ‘racist’ Tuesday 2:21 PM
- Disney files copyright claim on YouTuber’s Darth Vader film—and the creator is devastated Tuesday 2:18 PM
- The ’10 Year Challenge’ isn’t as fun for trans people Tuesday 1:25 PM
- New Nike shoes can be controlled from your smartphone Tuesday 1:06 PM
- Cardi B. jumps on 10-year challenge with high school performance of Lady Gaga song Tuesday 12:28 PM
- Parents, teachers cry foul over Verizon fee hike for popular education app Tuesday 11:57 AM
- Conservative men are kicking and screaming about Gillette’s new toxic masculinity ad Tuesday 11:23 AM
- Mysterio is hot now in the ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ trailer Tuesday 10:53 AM
- Netflix hikes prices on all subscription plans Tuesday 10:48 AM
Cedric Bixler-Zavala is roasting haters on Beto O’Rourke’s Instagram
Instagram user @thomas.crow commented “Uncultured swine” on one of O’Rourke’s Instagram posts. Bixler-Zavala responded, “Don’t u have an innocent creature to shoot……yeah we know what side of the purge you’ll be on. Privilege. The other white meat.”
Bixler-Zavala directed another burn toward Instagram user @erikpeterson7, who commented, “Beto, we really need you to raise that communist flag. Be proud you are a communist, don’t hide it.”
Erik with all due respect to that basic ass thing you do called graphic design maybe u should learn to draw a flag first before u parade yourself as a low-level bottom feeder from the grand old days of the red scare. Don’t hide it mija. U are as basic as your art. I believe there are a bunch of cruz fan pages who would love for u and your little fucking teeth to gnaw, wait sorry….suckle…that’s better….suckle at the tit of old grandpa fucking Munster.
In another charming exchange, Instagram user @jrogmac commented, “Beto’s face on my 65 inch flatscreen is getting old. Plus, what’s with all those bumps on his top lip? Can’t wait till this cycle’s over.” Bixler-Zavala truly wasn’t having it.
“Mija that’s a fucking mirror. I don’t know who told you differently but you’re welcome.”
Bixler-Zavala and O’Rourke go way back; they played in a punk band, Foss, together back in the ‘90s. While their paths diverged, Bixler-Zavala still backs up his old bandmate and praises him for his grassroots, DIY ethos. “I learned how to fuck shit up from [Foss]” Bixler-Zavala told Remezcla. “I truly believe Beto to be the answer. He really gives a fuck.”
Ellen Ioanes is the FOIA reporter at the Daily Dot, where she covers U.S. politics. She is a graduate of Columbia Journalism School, and her work has appeared in the Guardian, the Center for Public Integrity, HuffPost India, and more.