- Google CEO tells Congress why searching ‘idiot’ results in Trump images Tuesday 3:52 PM
- Netflix’s year-end data dump shows what people binged in 2018 Tuesday 3:13 PM
- Snowden joins calls for Google to end controversial Chinese search engine Tuesday 1:51 PM
- There’s still time for Congress to reinstate net neutrality Tuesday 1:24 PM
- George R.R. Martin promises fans he’ll finish ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ … someday Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The Boss tears down his myths on Netflix’s ‘Springsteen on Broadway’ Tuesday 10:56 AM
- Vlogger banned from Twitter for disturbing pro-pedophilia posts Tuesday 10:45 AM
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is Nintendo’s greatest labor of love Tuesday 10:44 AM
- Miranda Sings creator Colleen Ballinger gives birth to baby boy Tuesday 10:26 AM
- Columbia University student goes on white supremacy rant in viral video Tuesday 9:58 AM
- PewDiePie promotes YouTube account that features anti-Semitism, Nazi imagery Tuesday 9:20 AM
- FCC investigates major wireless carrier for lying about coverage Tuesday 8:40 AM
- Get this best-selling pressure cooker for half off, today only Tuesday 8:30 AM
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez compares her victory at 28 to Paul Ryan’s—and calls out a double standard Tuesday 8:22 AM
- If you’ve always lusted after a KitchenAid mixer, it’s over $80 off today Tuesday 8:00 AM
‘Cash me ousside’ teen Danielle Bregoli sentenced to 5 years probation
Danielle Bregoli, the girl who set the internet ablaze last September by uttering the meme-able catchphrase “Cash me ousside, how bow dah” on Dr. Phil, can still get away with saying those six iconic words—because she struck a plea deal on Tuesday to avoid jail time.
The 14-year-old Bregoli pleaded guilty last month to two counts of grand theft auto, marijuana possession, and filing a false police report. She was sentenced to five years probation on Tuesday in Delray Beach, Florida, TMZ reports. A judge allowed her to complete her probation in California, where she now lives with her mother, Barbara Ann.
Bregoli committed those crimes before her Dr. Phil appearance last fall and discussed them on the show. There’s no word yet on whether she’ll face charges for the vicious brawl her friend kicked off by tossing ice cream at a woman in Lake Worth, Florida.
Four days ago, Bregoli took to YouTube and answered fan questions. Her legal situation did not come up.
Bryan Rolli is a reporter who specializes in streaming entertainment. He writes about music and film for Forbes, Billboard, and the Austin American-Statesman. He met Flavor Flav in two separate Las Vegas bowling alleys and still can’t stop talking about it.