- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted 1 Year Ago
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Today 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Today 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Today 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Today 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Today 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Today 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Today 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
There was a ton to dissect at this year’s Met Gala, from avant-garde fashion statements to a divisive theme. Cardi B especially was a focal point, both for her transcendent look and a brief chat with Nicki Minaj.
Rumors about drama between the rappers have proliferated in recent months, but Cardi on Wednesday tried to dissipate talk of beef, saying her and Nicki only had a “misunderstanding” that they were able to address at the celebrity event.
Nicki Minaj talking to Cardi B inside the Met Gala. pic.twitter.com/WFlEkk1m8w— Nicki Minaj Data (@NickiData) May 8, 2018
“I never was feuding with anybody,” Cardi said on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show. “There was a misunderstanding… I didn’t wanna ever talk about it in public because I felt like we gonna see each other again and we will talk about it, and it’s always like little issues.”
Although Cardi B didn’t divulge details, this particular “little issue” was most likely over a song the two did with Migos. According to rumors, Nicki approved Cardi’s appearance on the track, which was originally supposed to be just Quavo and Nicki, but Cardi and Migos later suggested otherwise.
Whatever the problem, Cardi insisted Wednesday that fans had pushed a small skirmish into “a big thing.”
“I spoke to her about it,” Cardi said, referring to Minaj. “I spoke to her at the Met Gala about it, and it’s just like, see? It’s just something that had to be talked about because it was an issue.”
- Cardi B’s ‘Invasion of Privacy’ is the best kind of blockbuster album
- 15 Spotify playlists that should be in your rotation
- The simple way to download anything from SoundCloud
H/T the Cut
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.