- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback 1 Year Ago
- The crushing effects of Trump’s abortion ‘gag rule’ on healthcare Today 8:00 AM
- How to live stream Pacquiao vs. Thurman Today 6:20 AM
- Review: Hulu with Live TV ensures you always have something to watch Today 6:00 AM
- How to live stream UFC on ESPN 4: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Leon Edwards Today 5:49 AM
- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
There was a ton to dissect at this year’s Met Gala, from avant-garde fashion statements to a divisive theme. Cardi B especially was a focal point, both for her transcendent look and a brief chat with Nicki Minaj.
Rumors about drama between the rappers have proliferated in recent months, but Cardi on Wednesday tried to dissipate talk of beef, saying her and Nicki only had a “misunderstanding” that they were able to address at the celebrity event.
Nicki Minaj talking to Cardi B inside the Met Gala. pic.twitter.com/WFlEkk1m8w— Nicki Minaj Data (@NickiData) May 8, 2018
“I never was feuding with anybody,” Cardi said on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show. “There was a misunderstanding… I didn’t wanna ever talk about it in public because I felt like we gonna see each other again and we will talk about it, and it’s always like little issues.”
Although Cardi B didn’t divulge details, this particular “little issue” was most likely over a song the two did with Migos. According to rumors, Nicki approved Cardi’s appearance on the track, which was originally supposed to be just Quavo and Nicki, but Cardi and Migos later suggested otherwise.
Whatever the problem, Cardi insisted Wednesday that fans had pushed a small skirmish into “a big thing.”
“I spoke to her about it,” Cardi said, referring to Minaj. “I spoke to her at the Met Gala about it, and it’s just like, see? It’s just something that had to be talked about because it was an issue.”
- Cardi B’s ‘Invasion of Privacy’ is the best kind of blockbuster album
- 15 Spotify playlists that should be in your rotation
- The simple way to download anything from SoundCloud
H/T the Cut
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.