- Am I overreacting to a Facebook message from a dating app match? 2 Years Ago
- Buttigieg, Klobuchar come together to laugh at Bloomberg Wednesday 10:29 PM
- Bernie Sanders calls Bloomberg’s wealth ‘grotesque’ to his face Wednesday 9:53 PM
- Angry Bloomberg asks debate moderators if he’s ‘chicken liver’ Wednesday 9:29 PM
- Elizabeth Warren savages everyone else’s healthcare plan Wednesday 9:07 PM
- K-Pop stans help push ‘Pooping for Kaitlin’ hashtag mocking Kent State gun girl Wednesday 8:54 PM
- Fans speculate after learning Pop Smoke posted address prior to fatal home invasion Wednesday 8:11 PM
- Jar of human tongues found in Florida has people shook Wednesday 6:39 PM
- Video of Blueface teaching Obama lookalike to dance is turning heads Wednesday 5:58 PM
- ‘No one has the range’ for this meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Mom confronts man who followed daughter through grocery store in viral video Wednesday 5:05 PM
- Major study linking vaping to heart attacks gets retracted Wednesday 4:36 PM
- George Zimmerman is suing Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren Wednesday 2:55 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Horse Girl’ accused of ripping off 2017 indie film Wednesday 2:52 PM
- The Genyus Network is a safe social space for stroke survivors Wednesday 2:20 PM
There was a ton to dissect at this year’s Met Gala, from avant-garde fashion statements to a divisive theme. Cardi B especially was a focal point, both for her transcendent look and a brief chat with Nicki Minaj.
Rumors about drama between the rappers have proliferated in recent months, but Cardi on Wednesday tried to dissipate talk of beef, saying her and Nicki only had a “misunderstanding” that they were able to address at the celebrity event.
Nicki Minaj talking to Cardi B inside the Met Gala. pic.twitter.com/WFlEkk1m8w— Nicki Minaj Data (@NickiData) May 8, 2018
“I never was feuding with anybody,” Cardi said on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show. “There was a misunderstanding… I didn’t wanna ever talk about it in public because I felt like we gonna see each other again and we will talk about it, and it’s always like little issues.”
Although Cardi B didn’t divulge details, this particular “little issue” was most likely over a song the two did with Migos. According to rumors, Nicki approved Cardi’s appearance on the track, which was originally supposed to be just Quavo and Nicki, but Cardi and Migos later suggested otherwise.
Whatever the problem, Cardi insisted Wednesday that fans had pushed a small skirmish into “a big thing.”
“I spoke to her about it,” Cardi said, referring to Minaj. “I spoke to her at the Met Gala about it, and it’s just like, see? It’s just something that had to be talked about because it was an issue.”
- Cardi B’s ‘Invasion of Privacy’ is the best kind of blockbuster album
- 15 Spotify playlists that should be in your rotation
- The simple way to download anything from SoundCloud
H/T the Cut
Kris Seavers is the IRL editor for the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.