- How to make calls on Google Home 11 Months Ago
- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
There was a ton to dissect at this year’s Met Gala, from avant-garde fashion statements to a divisive theme. Cardi B especially was a focal point, both for her transcendent look and a brief chat with Nicki Minaj.
Rumors about drama between the rappers have proliferated in recent months, but Cardi on Wednesday tried to dissipate talk of beef, saying her and Nicki only had a “misunderstanding” that they were able to address at the celebrity event.
Nicki Minaj talking to Cardi B inside the Met Gala. pic.twitter.com/WFlEkk1m8w
— Nicki Minaj Data (@NickiData) May 8, 2018
“I never was feuding with anybody,” Cardi said on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show. “There was a misunderstanding… I didn’t wanna ever talk about it in public because I felt like we gonna see each other again and we will talk about it, and it’s always like little issues.”
Although Cardi B didn’t divulge details, this particular “little issue” was most likely over a song the two did with Migos. According to rumors, Nicki approved Cardi’s appearance on the track, which was originally supposed to be just Quavo and Nicki, but Cardi and Migos later suggested otherwise.
Whatever the problem, Cardi insisted Wednesday that fans had pushed a small skirmish into “a big thing.”
“I spoke to her about it,” Cardi said, referring to Minaj. “I spoke to her at the Met Gala about it, and it’s just like, see? It’s just something that had to be talked about because it was an issue.”
- Cardi B’s ‘Invasion of Privacy’ is the best kind of blockbuster album
- 15 Spotify playlists that should be in your rotation
- The simple way to download anything from SoundCloud
H/T the Cut
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.