- Laura Ingraham mocks Rep. Ilhan Omar’s accent in audio clip Sunday 5:46 PM
- #ExposeChristianSchools goes viral after Karen Pence and Covington Catholic School uproars Sunday 4:37 PM
- People have started laundering money on Fortnite Sunday 3:03 PM
- Cardi B claps back at Tomi Lahren’s sarcastic tweet Sunday 1:25 PM
- Twitter may have exposed Android users’ private tweets Sunday 12:13 PM
- Leave Me Alurn is the ‘SNL’ product we wish existed in real life Sunday 10:06 AM
- How to watch ‘Charmed’ online for free Sunday 9:00 AM
- How to watch Patriots vs. Chiefs online for free Sunday 8:15 AM
- This is the ‘Star Wars’ VR experience you’re looking for Sunday 8:00 AM
- ‘Salt Fat Acid Heat’ takes viewers on a journey through the four building blocks of a great dish Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to tell the deep web from the dark web Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the Saints vs. Rams online for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- How to watch ‘Supergirl’ online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream the NFL conference championship games Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Leganes online for free Sunday 1:00 AM
There was a ton to dissect at this year’s Met Gala, from avant-garde fashion statements to a divisive theme. Cardi B especially was a focal point, both for her transcendent look and a brief chat with Nicki Minaj.
Rumors about drama between the rappers have proliferated in recent months, but Cardi on Wednesday tried to dissipate talk of beef, saying her and Nicki only had a “misunderstanding” that they were able to address at the celebrity event.
Nicki Minaj talking to Cardi B inside the Met Gala. pic.twitter.com/WFlEkk1m8w
— Nicki Minaj Data (@NickiData) May 8, 2018
“I never was feuding with anybody,” Cardi said on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show. “There was a misunderstanding… I didn’t wanna ever talk about it in public because I felt like we gonna see each other again and we will talk about it, and it’s always like little issues.”
Although Cardi B didn’t divulge details, this particular “little issue” was most likely over a song the two did with Migos. According to rumors, Nicki approved Cardi’s appearance on the track, which was originally supposed to be just Quavo and Nicki, but Cardi and Migos later suggested otherwise.
Whatever the problem, Cardi insisted Wednesday that fans had pushed a small skirmish into “a big thing.”
“I spoke to her about it,” Cardi said, referring to Minaj. “I spoke to her at the Met Gala about it, and it’s just like, see? It’s just something that had to be talked about because it was an issue.”
- Cardi B’s ‘Invasion of Privacy’ is the best kind of blockbuster album
- 15 Spotify playlists that should be in your rotation
- The simple way to download anything from SoundCloud
H/T the Cut
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.