- Lightsaber dueling is now an official sport Monday 9:39 PM
- ‘Fake plane challenge’ takes off on TikTok Monday 8:15 PM
- Video meme of a mom dancing with her kids goes viral—again Monday 7:26 PM
- ‘Due to personal reasons’ meme enables questionable behavior Monday 3:36 PM
- Why do white rappers write lyrics about being good hypothetical dads? Monday 3:29 PM
- Roger Stone posts, then deletes, Instagram of his judge with small crosshairs next to her Monday 2:32 PM
- People are Googling Rihanna and their birthday in a Twitter challenge Monday 2:13 PM
- Here are all of the Fortnite earthquake cracks thus far Monday 1:21 PM
- New Apex Legends characters leaked by data miners Monday 12:36 PM
- Ken Jeong falls back on crude humor and lazy stereotypes in ‘You Complete Me, Ho’ Monday 12:24 PM
- 14 artsy cartoon mugs that’ll help make your days more creative Monday 12:15 PM
- Netflix cancels ‘Jessica Jones’ and ‘The Punisher’ Monday 11:26 AM
- YouTube is fueling the rise in flat earth believers Monday 11:04 AM
- Review: Crackdown 3 is not a world worth saving Monday 11:00 AM
- Scathing privacy report calls Facebook a ‘digital gangster’ Monday 10:50 AM
According to TMZ, Cardi B and husband Offset welcomed daughter Kulture Kiari Cephus on Tuesday night in Atlanta. There are no photos yet, but Cardi posted the announcement on Instagram.
Judging by her tweets over the last few days, it seems Cardi was ready for the baby vacate already.
Ebro told me to exercise and walk so my baby can come out easier but i can’t even put lotion on my legs with out feeling huffy and puffy 😩😩I’m going to try my best to atleast walk 5 blocks today!!After this photo shoot of course ❤️❤️
— iamcardib (@iamcardib) July 7, 2018
Fans offered their congratulations, and immediately started weighing in on the name. People got the Migos reference, but there seemed to be some Harry Potter vibes in there too.
Cardi B named her child after a freaking Migos album, IM DONE! ✌🏽
— Pusha Bi. (@BiancaEnRogue) July 11, 2018
Lissen, Cardi B's name is Belcalis Marlenis Almanza and Offset's name is Kiari Kendrell Cephus, they couldn't just name their baby Jennifer.
I'm here for extra spicy, Hogwarts spell-ass names. Welcome to the world, Kulture!
— Britni Danielle (@BritniDWrites) July 11, 2018
Kulture Kiari Cephus! pic.twitter.com/TyzPEmfa1M
— Rock Lobster (@Eytan___) July 11, 2018
Cardi B and Offset named their daughter Kulture Kiari Cephus. I said that shit out loud and my furniture started floating.
— NUFF (@NUFFSAIDNY) July 11, 2018
It’s only fitting that Kulture was born at the same time Cardi B’s childhood photo became a meme. And she was the top Twitter trending topic on Wednesday morning. Welcome to the world.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.