- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X 7 Years Ago
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Today 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Today 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Today 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
- Why Britons are tweeting ‘Little England’ in wake of the U.K. election Friday 3:22 PM
- Net neutrality advocates ask for rehearing on federal court decision Friday 2:29 PM
- Americans are sharing their #PrivateHealthLIFEhacks to help Brits Friday 2:28 PM
- Warren, Sanders, Yang pledge to skip next week’s debate over union dispute Friday 2:12 PM
- How to watch tonight’s Nets vs. Raptors matchup on NBA TV Friday 2:00 PM
- Alt-right comedian Owen Benjamin banned from Instagram over anti-Semitic memes Friday 1:55 PM
- TikTok teens are procrastinating with #FinalsWeek Friday 1:46 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ takes on a prison break in episode 6 Friday 1:30 PM
- Nick Cannon vs. Eminem battle expected to escalate after ‘off-limits’ daughter diss Friday 12:50 PM
Buzzed: Kimye, babies, and New Year’s Eve
Kanye spouts off against the Grammys, Ryan Seacrest wears obnoxious hats, and more.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
At his show Saturday night, Kanye West went on rant slamming a trifecta of targets: the media, the Grammys, and Maroon 5. In a diatribe that landed on YouTube, he said he wasn’t “crazy” or “deranged” despite the media’s reports. He ragged on the Grammys for snubbing him this year for not including his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as a nominee for Album of the Year. “So don’t expect to see me at the Grammys this year, you know what I mean?,” he told the crowd.
And then, Sunday night, Yeezy dropped the biggest bombshell at a show in Atlantic City, N.J., reportedly announcing Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy: “Can we make some noise for my baby mama right quick?” The news was seemingly confirmed by a chorus of tweets from the Kardashian clan.
A pregnant Jessica Simpson showed off her bulging stomach in a tweet Sunday that will be forever etched in your brain. Gripping her bejeweled (naturally) iPhone, she pursed her lips into duck formation (obviously) and wrote “Bumpin’ and Proud!” because sure.
Wearing the dumbest hat, Ryan Seacrest posted a picture on his Instagram account promoting Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest (real name) with a snap of the new set. It would be neat if we dropped Seacrest in the middle of Times Square, but watching him read a teleprompter for four hours should be enough pain.
Photo via Jessica Simpson/Twitter
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.