- Dan Carlin’s ‘War Remains’ is a stunning VR pop-up 7 Years Ago
- Your wireless data is probably being throttled, study finds 7 Years Ago
- Mike Judge’s dystopian comedy ‘Idiocracy’ is now streaming on Netflix Today 8:00 AM
- The 2020 Democratic presidential candidates as La Croix flavors Today 7:00 AM
- Crowdsourcing mental healthcare with 7 Cups Today 7:00 AM
- How to unlock hidden filters and effects for Instagram Stories Today 6:00 AM
- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
Buzzed: Kimye, babies, and New Year’s Eve
Kanye spouts off against the Grammys, Ryan Seacrest wears obnoxious hats, and more.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
At his show Saturday night, Kanye West went on rant slamming a trifecta of targets: the media, the Grammys, and Maroon 5. In a diatribe that landed on YouTube, he said he wasn’t “crazy” or “deranged” despite the media’s reports. He ragged on the Grammys for snubbing him this year for not including his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as a nominee for Album of the Year. “So don’t expect to see me at the Grammys this year, you know what I mean?,” he told the crowd.
And then, Sunday night, Yeezy dropped the biggest bombshell at a show in Atlantic City, N.J., reportedly announcing Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy: “Can we make some noise for my baby mama right quick?” The news was seemingly confirmed by a chorus of tweets from the Kardashian clan.
A pregnant Jessica Simpson showed off her bulging stomach in a tweet Sunday that will be forever etched in your brain. Gripping her bejeweled (naturally) iPhone, she pursed her lips into duck formation (obviously) and wrote “Bumpin’ and Proud!” because sure.
Wearing the dumbest hat, Ryan Seacrest posted a picture on his Instagram account promoting Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest (real name) with a snap of the new set. It would be neat if we dropped Seacrest in the middle of Times Square, but watching him read a teleprompter for four hours should be enough pain.
Photo via Jessica Simpson/Twitter
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.