- A CNN analyst’s impeachment joke sparks fake news fury 7 Years Ago
- Patrick Stewart invited Whoopi Goldberg to join ‘Star Trek: Picard’ season 2 7 Years Ago
- Dolly Parton inspires ‘LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tinder’ meme Today 8:12 AM
- ‘Star Trek: Picard’ episode 1 recap: A glimpse into a troubled future Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Captain Marvel 2’ movie in the works with new screenwriter Today 7:11 AM
- Fortune Feimster embraces the past and present in celebratory ‘Sweet & Salty’ Today 7:00 AM
- Review: ‘Star Trek: Picard’ is a triumphant return for Patrick Stewart Today 5:00 AM
- ‘American Dirt’ controversy inspires meme about Latinx stereotypes in literature Wednesday 9:02 PM
- What is the TikTok ‘flex challenge’? Wednesday 8:03 PM
- GoFundMe to send ‘Target Tori’ on vacation raises more than $30K Wednesday 6:54 PM
- Furries stop domestic assault in viral video Wednesday 6:10 PM
- Gritty under police investigation for allegedly punching a teen fan Wednesday 6:04 PM
- Twitter users throw animal parties with emoji in new meme Wednesday 5:21 PM
- Woman who went viral supporting Soleimani killing exposed as Libyan militia lobbyist Wednesday 5:01 PM
- Jeff Bezos subtweets Saudi prince following phone hack report Wednesday 3:29 PM
Buzzed: Kimye, babies, and New Year’s Eve
Kanye spouts off against the Grammys, Ryan Seacrest wears obnoxious hats, and more.
In Buzzed, we take a look at three things that trended over the weekend while you were away from your keyboard getting buzzed.
At his show Saturday night, Kanye West went on rant slamming a trifecta of targets: the media, the Grammys, and Maroon 5. In a diatribe that landed on YouTube, he said he wasn’t “crazy” or “deranged” despite the media’s reports. He ragged on the Grammys for snubbing him this year for not including his My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as a nominee for Album of the Year. “So don’t expect to see me at the Grammys this year, you know what I mean?,” he told the crowd.
And then, Sunday night, Yeezy dropped the biggest bombshell at a show in Atlantic City, N.J., reportedly announcing Kim Kardashian’s pregnancy: “Can we make some noise for my baby mama right quick?” The news was seemingly confirmed by a chorus of tweets from the Kardashian clan.
A pregnant Jessica Simpson showed off her bulging stomach in a tweet Sunday that will be forever etched in your brain. Gripping her bejeweled (naturally) iPhone, she pursed her lips into duck formation (obviously) and wrote “Bumpin’ and Proud!” because sure.
Wearing the dumbest hat, Ryan Seacrest posted a picture on his Instagram account promoting Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest (real name) with a snap of the new set. It would be neat if we dropped Seacrest in the middle of Times Square, but watching him read a teleprompter for four hours should be enough pain.
Photo via Jessica Simpson/Twitter
A former editorial operations specialist and staff writer for the Daily Dot, Jordan Valinsky is a tech reporter and web culture commentator. His work has been published by the Week, Digiday, CNNMoney, Popular Mechanics, Vice, Mic, and Betabeat.