- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
- The Deplorable Choir drops diss track aimed at 4 congresswomen from Trump’s racist tweets Wednesday 8:09 PM
- Florida city is pushing homeless people out by playing ‘Baby Shark’ on a loop Wednesday 7:27 PM
- A ‘Gossip Girl’ reboot is coming to HBO Max–and fans are not happy with the casting details Wednesday 6:44 PM
- Beto can’t leverage his slave owner ancestry to gain Black voters’ trust Wednesday 5:51 PM
- Oakland to become the third U.S. city to ban facial recognition Wednesday 5:50 PM
- ‘Release the Snyder Cut’ billboards pop up outside of San Diego Comic-Con Wednesday 5:24 PM
- Iggy Azalea and Peppa Pig have an epic Twitter fight Wednesday 4:39 PM
- Should you be concerned about your privacy on FaceApp? Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google ‘terminates’ Dragonfly, its censored search engine for China Wednesday 3:33 PM
- AOC rips Facebook during Libra House hearing Wednesday 3:14 PM
- The time traveler conversation meme finds its way to TikTok Wednesday 2:52 PM
- Grimes claims she had an ‘experimental’ eye surgery and practices sword fighting Wednesday 2:42 PM
- 70 Border Patrol employees under investigation for posts in secret Facebook group Wednesday 1:45 PM
- Republican’s Operation Safe Return criticized as cover for mass deporation Wednesday 1:42 PM
BTS fans celebrate coming Steve Aoki collaboration with memes, excited GIFs
DJ Steve Aoki surprised his fans on Wednesday with an announcement of a brand new collaboration with BTS. The song, “Waste It On Me,” will be released on Thursday, and it will be the band’s first-ever English single.
Fans can unlock a preview of the song by tweeting #WasteItOnMe. The teaser released on YouTube has already received over 113,000 views.
Excited YouTubers posted their reaction videos to the teaser to celebrate the collaboration.
Fans on Twitter, also giddy with excitement, posted photos and videos of their favorite BTS members on Aoki’s original Twitter thread.
Super excited but I don’t think I can survive this!!!!!!🤧💖💖💖 #WasteItOnMe #BTS #BTSARMY #SteveAoki #BTSGrammy #BTSEndViolence #LOVE_YOURSELF #LOVE_MYSELF #mono #JIMIN #NAMJOON #RM #SUGA #YOONGI #JHOPE #HOSEOK #V #TAEHYUNG #TAETAE #JUNGKOOK #JIN @bts_bighit @BTS_twt pic.twitter.com/FjXlemQbpG— Ola Saady✨ (@Olasaadii) October 24, 2018
People are over the moon about the collaboration, posting some hilarious photos and videos to express their excitement.
STEVE, COMING THROUGH with more iconic tracks.— Niki and Sammy (@nikinsammy) October 24, 2018
Hyped for this 👐 pic.twitter.com/Ot1P3QNQmF
#WasteItOnMe— Waste It On Me (@wasteitonmeee) October 24, 2018
Probably this song will be a full English. So, we are going to hear Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi rap in English!!! Again, there's a BIG possibility that our rapline will rap in English! THEY WILL PROBABLY RAP IN ENGLIIIIIISH! pic.twitter.com/CLSUKC3byq
ME MUEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO— ~A N Y E Y~ 🇵🇪 BTS IN PERÚ 🙏💜 (@Amely_ARMY) October 24, 2018
SE PRENDE EL MUNDOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ARMYSSS ESTAN LISTAAAASSSS???
Y JUSTO ESTOY EN PARCIALES 💔
PERO NO IMPORTAAAAA
ARMEMOS UNA FIESTA Y SEAMOS FULL TENDENCIA SOLO COMO ARMY SABE HACERLO!!! 🔥🔥🔥💜❗❗❗#WasteItOnMe #BTS @BTS_twt pic.twitter.com/OiT8W2Kcno
I need super glue pic.twitter.com/ImUKk3lYzq— Namjoon_GOD (@YoongibtsMinmin) October 24, 2018
This isn’t the first time Aoki has worked with BTS. The DJ remixed BTS’s song “Mic Drop” in 2017 which was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, the first time a Korean music group received such recognition, according to Billboard.
BTS is the first K-pop group to reach the top 10 of the Billboard 200 Chart. The group sold out its first U.S. stadium show at New York’s Citi Field within minutes with over 5 million subscribers on its official YouTube channel BANGTANTV.
“Waste It On Me” will be featured on Aoki’s new album Neon Future III, which drops on Nov. 9.
- Bad Lip Reading turns BTS’ ‘Idol’ into a pasta theft anthem
- Teen asks the internet how to burn CDs—and millennials are feeling old AF
- Australian YouTubers accuse BuzzFeed of stealing their jokes
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.