- Influencer accuses Lisa Frank of stealing apartment design, says that’s why she’s getting evicted 12 Months Ago
- Brits are sharing their ‘awfully British Amazon reviews’ on Twitter Today 4:08 PM
- How to stream Mexico vs. Panama in Concacaf Nations League play Today 3:38 PM
- How to stream U.S. vs. Canada in the Concacaf Nations League tournament Today 3:21 PM
- Fortnite’s black hole launches conspiracy theories and memes Today 3:19 PM
- WeWork pulls phone booths over formaldehyde concerns Today 3:06 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg is reportedly having private meetings with prominent conservatives Today 3:03 PM
- Firework is a social video app with a literal twist Today 2:46 PM
- Pro-Trump meme comedian Carpe Donktum suspended by Twitter (updated) Today 1:35 PM
- Here are all of the Disney+ titles available to stream at launch Today 12:52 PM
- Rumor: Apple to release $399 iPhone SE follow-up next year Today 12:44 PM
- Sulli, K-pop star who spoke against cyberbullying, dead at 25 Today 12:37 PM
- The latest front in Turkey’s digital war against the Kurds? Google reviews Today 12:19 PM
- Slow iPhone got you down? Here’s how to speed it back up Today 11:49 AM
- Andy Ngo smears antifa activist killed in hit-and-run Today 11:25 AM
DJ Steve Aoki surprised his fans on Wednesday with an announcement of a brand new collaboration with BTS. The song, “Waste It On Me,” will be released on Thursday, and it will be the band’s first-ever English single.
Fans can unlock a preview of the song by tweeting #WasteItOnMe. The teaser released on YouTube has already received over 113,000 views.
Excited YouTubers posted their reaction videos to the teaser to celebrate the collaboration.
Fans on Twitter, also giddy with excitement, posted photos and videos of their favorite BTS members on Aoki’s original Twitter thread.
Super excited but I don’t think I can survive this!!!!!!🤧💖💖💖 #WasteItOnMe #BTS #BTSARMY #SteveAoki #BTSGrammy #BTSEndViolence #LOVE_YOURSELF #LOVE_MYSELF #mono #JIMIN #NAMJOON #RM #SUGA #YOONGI #JHOPE #HOSEOK #V #TAEHYUNG #TAETAE #JUNGKOOK #JIN @bts_bighit @BTS_twt pic.twitter.com/FjXlemQbpG— Ola Saady✨ (@Olasaadii) October 24, 2018
People are over the moon about the collaboration, posting some hilarious photos and videos to express their excitement.
STEVE, COMING THROUGH with more iconic tracks.— Niki and Sammy (TTK) (@nikinsammy) October 24, 2018
Hyped for this 👐 pic.twitter.com/Ot1P3QNQmF
#WasteItOnMe— Waste It On Me (@wasteitonmeee) October 24, 2018
Probably this song will be a full English. So, we are going to hear Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi rap in English!!! Again, there's a BIG possibility that our rapline will rap in English! THEY WILL PROBABLY RAP IN ENGLIIIIIISH! pic.twitter.com/CLSUKC3byq
I need super glue pic.twitter.com/ImUKk3lYzq— Namjoon_GOD (@YoongibtsMinmin) October 24, 2018
This isn’t the first time Aoki has worked with BTS. The DJ remixed BTS’s song “Mic Drop” in 2017 which was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, the first time a Korean music group received such recognition, according to Billboard.
BTS is the first K-pop group to reach the top 10 of the Billboard 200 Chart. The group sold out its first U.S. stadium show at New York’s Citi Field within minutes with over 5 million subscribers on its official YouTube channel BANGTANTV.
“Waste It On Me” will be featured on Aoki’s new album Neon Future III, which drops on Nov. 9.
- Bad Lip Reading turns BTS’ ‘Idol’ into a pasta theft anthem
- Teen asks the internet how to burn CDs—and millennials are feeling old AF
- Australian YouTubers accuse BuzzFeed of stealing their jokes
Sunny Kim studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and Popular Mechanics.