- How to watch ‘The Real Housewives of New Jersey’ online free 6 Years Ago
- Ocasio-Cortez’s Twitch appearance isn’t a gimmick—it’s a strategy Today 4:00 AM
- Viral video shows an egg getting a hot makeover Tuesday 7:56 PM
- New Netflix feature broadcasts what you’re watching via Instagram Tuesday 6:11 PM
- Videos show alleged Covington teens harassing women, making rape jokes at march Tuesday 4:13 PM
- MAGA teen gets ‘Today Show’ interview—and people are pissed Tuesday 3:38 PM
- Family says hacker sent fake North Korean missile warning through Nest camera Tuesday 2:42 PM
- This Arizona bill would tax internet porn to fund a border wall Tuesday 2:41 PM
- This meme is asking people how they draw the letter X Tuesday 1:18 PM
- Charlie Kirk’s love of U.S. healthcare system put to the test after back problems Tuesday 1:12 PM
- Fyre Fest caterer who was left broke has received $160,000 in donations Tuesday 12:58 PM
- The YouTuber who taught a dog to give the Nazi salute on command can’t find a job Tuesday 12:24 PM
- The ‘oh yeah yeah’ meme is flooding YouTube—and KSI can’t deal Tuesday 12:20 PM
- Did this d*ck-drawing Instagram star steal her gag from a rival runner? Tuesday 12:00 PM
- Rep. Steve King, best known for his racism, tweets a fake MLK quote Tuesday 11:54 AM
Lana Del Rey, Matthew Perry, and Britney Spears are having a dance party.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Tumblr posts are made of awesome.
Some posts have almost negligible awesome units, while others … well, others teach Chuck Norris what awesome is all about (don’t tell him I said that). Awesome units are made up of such things as: GIFs, celebrities, memes, cats, fandom, goofiness, obnoxious ’80s interior design, tattoos, and, of course, lizards.
For reasons that cannot be fully articulated, because it would be too awesome for this mundane alphabet, this is the most awesome post on Tumblr right now (14,647 notes confirm). Lana Del Rey turning, turning, turning, Matthew Perry doing the whatever Matthew Perry does dancing, and Britney Spears going Gangnam Style, all on a gloriously polychrome, disco-era dancefloor.
The most awesome thing about it? The GIF is totally static in the actual post, because it’s been resized automatically by the narrow theme; this is a post you cannot actually understand by looking at the post. You must look at it through a Tumblr dashboard in order for it to animate.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.