- How to watch tonight’s fire Warriors vs. Mavericks matchup online 7 Years Ago
- Android security flaw could have let hackers hijack your phone’s camera 7 Years Ago
- How Julia Roberts playing Harriet Tubman became a meme 7 Years Ago
- Woman banned from Instagram for sharing d*ck pic she didn’t ask for 7 Years Ago
- People risking concussions for new TikTok challenge Today 11:14 AM
- A ‘Joker’ sequel is in the works from Warner Bros. Today 11:06 AM
- Is Jake Paul going to fight again? There are plenty of clues Today 10:57 AM
- Ghostemane concert abruptly canceled amid ‘safety concerns’ and reported gun threat Today 10:41 AM
- Trump Jr. retweets UFC fighter who called troop a ‘douche bag’ Today 10:26 AM
- The best apps and gadgets for cooking the perfect Thanksgiving feast Today 10:22 AM
- Amazon says police can hold on to Ring videos indefinitely Today 9:42 AM
- Henry Cavill on the prospect of playing Superman again: ‘the cape is still in the closet’ Today 9:15 AM
- Why does Pete Buttigieg always tweet ‘buh’? Today 9:08 AM
- Noah Hawley will direct the next ‘Star Trek’ movie starring Chris Pine Today 8:51 AM
- Vidgo is a streaming bonanza of live sports Today 8:40 AM
The Morning GIF: The most awesome Tumblr post
Lana Del Rey, Matthew Perry, and Britney Spears are having a dance party.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Tumblr posts are made of awesome.
Some posts have almost negligible awesome units, while others … well, others teach Chuck Norris what awesome is all about (don’t tell him I said that). Awesome units are made up of such things as: GIFs, celebrities, memes, cats, fandom, goofiness, obnoxious ’80s interior design, tattoos, and, of course, lizards.
For reasons that cannot be fully articulated, because it would be too awesome for this mundane alphabet, this is the most awesome post on Tumblr right now (14,647 notes confirm). Lana Del Rey turning, turning, turning, Matthew Perry doing the whatever Matthew Perry does dancing, and Britney Spears going Gangnam Style, all on a gloriously polychrome, disco-era dancefloor.
The most awesome thing about it? The GIF is totally static in the actual post, because it’s been resized automatically by the narrow theme; this is a post you cannot actually understand by looking at the post. You must look at it through a Tumblr dashboard in order for it to animate.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.