- The giant battle episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ is nearly here Sunday 10:12 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ finally revealed the Night King’s endgame Sunday 9:53 PM
- Sri Lankan government shuts down social media in wake of deadly blasts Sunday 7:56 PM
- Amazon Flex drivers now must use selfies to verify identity Sunday 6:34 PM
- #GentrifyingGeorge thinks 152-year-old HBCU should ‘just move’ Sunday 5:27 PM
- Watch out! Tonight’s episode of ‘Game of Thrones’ leaked online (updated) Sunday 3:32 PM
- Videos of people working may be the best thing on TikTok right now Sunday 1:46 PM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 2 for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Gendry is making a new weapon for Arya Stark—but what is it? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The live-action Halo series could be Showtime’s most ambitious project yet Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Turner Classic Movies for free Sunday 5:30 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Athletic Bilbao online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
Lana Del Rey, Matthew Perry, and Britney Spears are having a dance party.
Here at the Daily Dot, we swap GIF images with each other every morning. Now we’re looping you in. In the Morning GIF, we feature a popular—or just plain cool—GIF we found on Reddit, Canvas, or elsewhere on the Internet.
Tumblr posts are made of awesome.
Some posts have almost negligible awesome units, while others … well, others teach Chuck Norris what awesome is all about (don’t tell him I said that). Awesome units are made up of such things as: GIFs, celebrities, memes, cats, fandom, goofiness, obnoxious ’80s interior design, tattoos, and, of course, lizards.
For reasons that cannot be fully articulated, because it would be too awesome for this mundane alphabet, this is the most awesome post on Tumblr right now (14,647 notes confirm). Lana Del Rey turning, turning, turning, Matthew Perry doing the whatever Matthew Perry does dancing, and Britney Spears going Gangnam Style, all on a gloriously polychrome, disco-era dancefloor.
The most awesome thing about it? The GIF is totally static in the actual post, because it’s been resized automatically by the narrow theme; this is a post you cannot actually understand by looking at the post. You must look at it through a Tumblr dashboard in order for it to animate.
Lorraine Murphy is an Ottawa-based cybersecurity journalist and founding editor of the Cryptosphere. She has a keen interest in WikiLeaks and web culture, and her bylines have appeared in Salon, Vanity Fair, Serious Eats, and elsewhere.