- Facebook finally lets you kill distracting navigation bar notifications Monday 6:14 PM
- Artist says Thinx underwear campaign ripped off their memes (updated) Monday 5:48 PM
- Google reportedly gathering millions of Americans’ personal health records Monday 5:00 PM
- Trina goes off on Walmart shopper who allegedly called her the ‘N-word’ Monday 4:14 PM
- Bored of Helvetica? iOS users finally have some new font options Monday 4:00 PM
- Amid panic, YouTube says new terms of service won’t impact creators Monday 3:56 PM
- Opposing sides fight to control online narrative over Bolivian ‘coup’ Monday 3:50 PM
- How to sign up for the Disney+ bundle Monday 3:35 PM
- Instagram covers video costs for celebs who don’t get political Monday 3:30 PM
- T.I.’s daughter apparently unfollowed her dad on Instagram after hymen comment Monday 3:26 PM
- Meet ByteDance, the Chinese tech company behind TikTok Monday 3:09 PM
- Everything you need to know about investing app Robinhood Monday 2:44 PM
- How to stream 49ers vs. Seahawks on Monday Night Football Monday 1:43 PM
- Cops cuff Black man for eating sandwich on subway platform Monday 1:29 PM
- Drake booed offstage by Frank Ocean fans Monday 1:17 PM
“Breaking Bad” actor takes a sh*t, solves movie mysteries
DEA Agent Hank Schrader figures out the major plot twists of famous films while sitting on the toilet.
Over 2.8 million people watched DEA agent Hank Schrader’s literal “oh shit moment” on Breaking Bad this past Sunday, but what if he had a different epiphany on that toilet?
Warning: this video will spoil the latest episode of Breaking Bad if you haven’t yet watched it.
Tumblr site Hank Takes a Shit took that very question and made Hank’s eureka moment into a meme, as he came to other realizations in the bathroom in cleverly cut YouTube videos, which combine the final scene in the Breaking Bad mid-season finale with plot twists from some famous films like The Usual Suspects, Soylent Green and Citizen Kane.
Hank, while sitting on the toilet, picks up a book to read to pass the time. However, before he can actually read the book he notices a handwritten passage that hints to a plot twist. A flashback to scenes from said movie results in the “oh shit” face actor Dean Norris pulls off perfectly—although the parody videos don’t include the sound effects from the original scene.
A plot twist parody list wouldn’t be complete without one of the most iconic twists in recent movie history: The Empire Strikes Back. Star Wars fans might consider Darth Vader’s true identity common knowledge, but somehow Hank has managed to evade that knowledge since the film’s release in 1980.
Hank Takes A Shit started posting videos on Sept. 5 and the five videos only have 433 collective views so far. Fans will have to wait months for the next episode of Breaking Bad, but until then, Hank has many more movie spoilers to keep him busy.
Photo via HankTakesAShit/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.