- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Friends and fans alike congratulated the cast of A Wrinkle In Time as the movie finally hit theaters last weekend. This was no exception for Mindy Kaling—who plays Mrs. Who in the film—and who received the most endearing tweet from her best friend BJ Novak last Friday.
“When I met @mindykaling she lived in a small apartment on Fairfax Ave,” Novak wrote. “This is what’s in front of that building today. Congrats Mindy and a future congrats to all those who see you in it and are inspired to do great things.”
The photo included in the tweet was of a giant A Wrinkle In Time movie poster.
When I met @mindykaling she lived in a small apartment on Fairfax Ave. This is what’s in front of that building today. Congrats Mindy and a future congrats to all those who see you in it and are inspired to do great things. @WrinkleInTime pic.twitter.com/tGpwA9mBsQ
— B.J. Novak (@bjnovak) March 9, 2018
Of course, everyone on Twitter thought the message was the cutest, and let Novak know. Many used GIFs and memes from The Office, where most fans know Novak and Kaling as the infamous Ryan and Kelly.
I predict that will be me as well! It's beyond genius. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/ICaGZzEh1E
— KonaCoffee (@LoveKonaCoffee) March 10, 2018
It can be difficult to separate actors from their characters. I literally first read this like EVEN STILL TODAY, Ryan is stalking Kelly's old place. Then I realized genuinely decent people are celebrating each other. And I know @bjnovak and @mindykaling are more than just actors.
— Brian Harris (@brianart) March 10, 2018
— whitney (@whitnibble) March 10, 2018
A sweet and meaningful observation, also a personal reminder of your journey as well.
I am brand new Office fan, and am mesmerized by the magic!
— KonaCoffee (@LoveKonaCoffee) March 9, 2018
— SayWhatJenn (@SayWhatJenn) March 9, 2018
WE’RE ALL CRYING TOO pic.twitter.com/AePEqAzd8g
— Hillary Villeno (@HillaryVilleno) March 10, 2018
— Erin Lingsweiler (@ECLingsweiler) March 10, 2018
— VJ (@vjpiccini) March 10, 2018
Even Kaling responded to Novak’s tweet in the most adorable way.
Oh my god I’m like full crying. I will never be mad at you again https://t.co/aaikJtxSYC
— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) March 10, 2018
Although Kaling and Novak are not dating, according to People, Novak did accompany Kaling as her date to the Oscars last weekend.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.