- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
- Netflix ‘Living With Yourself’ trailer offers a double dose of Paul Rudd Monday 2:07 PM
Friends and fans alike congratulated the cast of A Wrinkle In Time as the movie finally hit theaters last weekend. This was no exception for Mindy Kaling—who plays Mrs. Who in the film—and who received the most endearing tweet from her best friend BJ Novak last Friday.
“When I met @mindykaling she lived in a small apartment on Fairfax Ave,” Novak wrote. “This is what’s in front of that building today. Congrats Mindy and a future congrats to all those who see you in it and are inspired to do great things.”
The photo included in the tweet was of a giant A Wrinkle In Time movie poster.
When I met @mindykaling she lived in a small apartment on Fairfax Ave. This is what’s in front of that building today. Congrats Mindy and a future congrats to all those who see you in it and are inspired to do great things. @WrinkleInTime pic.twitter.com/tGpwA9mBsQ— B.J. Novak (@bjnovak) March 9, 2018
Of course, everyone on Twitter thought the message was the cutest, and let Novak know. Many used GIFs and memes from The Office, where most fans know Novak and Kaling as the infamous Ryan and Kelly.
I predict that will be me as well! It's beyond genius. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/ICaGZzEh1E— KonaCoffee (@LoveKonaCoffee) March 10, 2018
It can be difficult to separate actors from their characters. I literally first read this like EVEN STILL TODAY, Ryan is stalking Kelly's old place. Then I realized genuinely decent people are celebrating each other. And I know @bjnovak and @mindykaling are more than just actors.— Brian Harris (@brianart) March 10, 2018
A sweet and meaningful observation, also a personal reminder of your journey as well.— KonaCoffee (@LoveKonaCoffee) March 9, 2018
I am brand new Office fan, and am mesmerized by the magic!
WE’RE ALL CRYING TOO pic.twitter.com/AePEqAzd8g— Hillary Villeno (@HillaryVilleno) March 10, 2018
Even Kaling responded to Novak’s tweet in the most adorable way.
Oh my god I’m like full crying. I will never be mad at you again https://t.co/aaikJtxSYC— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) March 10, 2018
Although Kaling and Novak are not dating, according to People, Novak did accompany Kaling as her date to the Oscars last weekend.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.