- No, the first words of Trump’s tweets don’t match up to lyrics of ‘Break My Stride’ Sunday 10:28 PM
- White woman demanding strangers ‘repent’ for Christ sparks conversation on mental illness and racism Sunday 9:27 PM
- Amtrak employee asked a NAACP lawyer to move from her train seat Sunday 7:54 PM
- Billie Eilish fans riot after being referred to as ‘Avocados’ Sunday 4:37 PM
- Beyhive coming for Sainsbury’s supermarket over Ivy Park shade Sunday 3:17 PM
- Antique store blasted for selling ‘white only’ signs Sunday 1:45 PM
- DaBaby explains altercation with hotel employee after video goes viral Sunday 12:32 PM
- Kanye faces backlash for headlining Christian event with anti-LGBTQ leaders Sunday 10:31 AM
- Why is Yennefer of Vengerberg so different in Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’? Sunday 10:00 AM
- Actress slammed for ‘acid attack-face’ TikTok challenge Sunday 9:46 AM
- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
Friends and fans alike congratulated the cast of A Wrinkle In Time as the movie finally hit theaters last weekend. This was no exception for Mindy Kaling—who plays Mrs. Who in the film—and who received the most endearing tweet from her best friend BJ Novak last Friday.
“When I met @mindykaling she lived in a small apartment on Fairfax Ave,” Novak wrote. “This is what’s in front of that building today. Congrats Mindy and a future congrats to all those who see you in it and are inspired to do great things.”
The photo included in the tweet was of a giant A Wrinkle In Time movie poster.
When I met @mindykaling she lived in a small apartment on Fairfax Ave. This is what’s in front of that building today. Congrats Mindy and a future congrats to all those who see you in it and are inspired to do great things. @WrinkleInTime pic.twitter.com/tGpwA9mBsQ— B.J. Novak (@bjnovak) March 9, 2018
Of course, everyone on Twitter thought the message was the cutest, and let Novak know. Many used GIFs and memes from The Office, where most fans know Novak and Kaling as the infamous Ryan and Kelly.
I predict that will be me as well! It's beyond genius. ❤️ pic.twitter.com/ICaGZzEh1E— KonaCoffee (@LoveKonaCoffee) March 10, 2018
It can be difficult to separate actors from their characters. I literally first read this like EVEN STILL TODAY, Ryan is stalking Kelly's old place. Then I realized genuinely decent people are celebrating each other. And I know @bjnovak and @mindykaling are more than just actors.— Brian Harris (@brianart) March 10, 2018
A sweet and meaningful observation, also a personal reminder of your journey as well.— KonaCoffee (@LoveKonaCoffee) March 9, 2018
I am brand new Office fan, and am mesmerized by the magic!
WE’RE ALL CRYING TOO pic.twitter.com/AePEqAzd8g— Hillary Villeno (@HillaryVilleno) March 10, 2018
Even Kaling responded to Novak’s tweet in the most adorable way.
Oh my god I’m like full crying. I will never be mad at you again https://t.co/aaikJtxSYC— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) March 10, 2018
Although Kaling and Novak are not dating, according to People, Novak did accompany Kaling as her date to the Oscars last weekend.
Tess Cagle is a reporter who focuses on politics, lifestyle, and streaming entertainment. Her work has appeared in the New York Times, Texas Monthly, the Austin American-Statesman, Damn Joan, and Community Impact Newspaper. She’s also a portrait, events, and live music photographer in Central Texas.