- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
- Trump is concerned America’s toilets too weak Friday 3:53 PM
- Twitter users claim Billie Eilish is ‘over’ because she didn’t like Lady Gaga’s meat dress Friday 2:53 PM
- Nikki Haley says the Confederate flag was fine until Dylann Roof ‘hijacked’ it Friday 2:49 PM
- How emotional labor discourse spawned multiple memes Friday 2:22 PM
- Video of YouTuber Onision threatening ex-girlfriend resurfaces Friday 2:03 PM
- Marianne Williamson embraces anti-vax stance on Facebook Friday 1:58 PM
- Peloton Husband is worried memes will have ‘repercussions’ for his career Friday 1:55 PM
- ‘The Mandalorian’ stumbles as it returns to a familiar planet Friday 1:47 PM
- The best app controlled Christmas lights for the holidays Friday 1:04 PM
- Go green and save green with solar-powered Christmas lights Friday 1:02 PM
- Bloomberg on diversity in 2020 race: ‘Don’t complain to me’ Friday 12:40 PM
- Midge flaunts the worst side of herself in ‘Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ season 3 Friday 12:17 PM
- Social media companies continue to fail to police fake behavior, study finds Friday 10:44 AM
Behind-the-scenes photos of stars Bill Hader (who plays the grown-up Richie Tozier) and Bill Skarsgård (Pennywise) circulated this weekend, showing Hader experiencing a range of emotions while looking at Skarsgård, who is in full Pennywise costume. First, there’s laughter, then horror, then fleeing.
These photos have been around for at least a year, and in January, Hader appeared on Conan and discussed the context of the photo in which he’s laughing: He asked Skarsgård how he was able to move one eye unnaturally as Pennywise, and then Skarsgård showed him he can actually do it, which could explain the other two frames. He also said he’s “terrible at acting scared,” though apparently not in those photos.
Regardless, the photos became a meme, the three emotions many of us feel these days writ large.
Pennywise is me flirting pic.twitter.com/8rqyRUDR1r— Hannah (@hannahjong) September 5, 2019
This picture of bill skarsgard and bill hader on the set of IT chapter two has me rolling pic.twitter.com/b0wrOlR2Tt— Chloë (@pinachlolada_) September 6, 2019
a story in 3 pictures:— Chase • CBAD (@CrimsonCBAD) September 9, 2019
1. me, a bill hader stan, excited to see #ITChapterTwo, while afraid of clowns
2. me, a bill hader stan, getting uncomfortable in my seat during the opening credits
3. me, a bill hader stan, realizing what i’ve gotten myself into 15 minutes into the film pic.twitter.com/b4O8zSiQD0
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.