- Animator for Netflix’s ‘Carmen Sandiego’ says he was fired after asking for fair pay Sunday 3:17 PM
- YouTube reverses decision to remove creators’ badges Sunday 1:47 PM
- How video game developer Valve got served secret subpoena as part of FBI’s counterterrorism fight Sunday 12:31 PM
- Aron Eisenberg, ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’ actor, dead at 50 Sunday 11:35 AM
- Who needs glass slippers? This Cinderella cosplayer upgraded with a stunning glass arm Sunday 10:19 AM
- How to check if Yahoo owes you $358 Sunday 9:25 AM
- How to stream Bears vs. Redskins on Monday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- What are the best alternatives to the electoral college? Sunday 6:30 AM
- The best PS4 games you can’t play anywhere else Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Emmy Awards Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 5 Sunday 4:00 AM
- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
Behind-the-scenes photos of stars Bill Hader (who plays the grown-up Richie Tozier) and Bill Skarsgård (Pennywise) circulated this weekend, showing Hader experiencing a range of emotions while looking at Skarsgård, who is in full Pennywise costume. First, there’s laughter, then horror, then fleeing.
These photos have been around for at least a year, and in January, Hader appeared on Conan and discussed the context of the photo in which he’s laughing: He asked Skarsgård how he was able to move one eye unnaturally as Pennywise, and then Skarsgård showed him he can actually do it, which could explain the other two frames. He also said he’s “terrible at acting scared,” though apparently not in those photos.
Regardless, the photos became a meme, the three emotions many of us feel these days writ large.
Pennywise is me flirting pic.twitter.com/8rqyRUDR1r— Hannah (@hannahjong) September 5, 2019
This picture of bill skarsgard and bill hader on the set of IT chapter two has me rolling pic.twitter.com/b0wrOlR2Tt— Chloë (@pinachlolada_) September 6, 2019
a story in 3 pictures:— Chase • CBAD (@CrimsonCBAD) September 9, 2019
1. me, a bill hader stan, excited to see #ITChapterTwo, while afraid of clowns
2. me, a bill hader stan, getting uncomfortable in my seat during the opening credits
3. me, a bill hader stan, realizing what i’ve gotten myself into 15 minutes into the film pic.twitter.com/b4O8zSiQD0
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.