- The top fandoms of 2018 3 Weeks Ago
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Huesca online for free Today 6:40 AM
- What is Sling TV? Today 6:15 AM
- A year of apologizing to the internet Today 6:15 AM
- How to stream NFL’s Week 14 games for free Today 6:00 AM
- John Kelly will be leaving the White House, and Twitter reacted exactly as expected Saturday 6:12 PM
- Shonen Jump manga is going (mostly) free to combat piracy Saturday 5:14 PM
- ‘Death Grips is online’ is trending, so what does it mean? Saturday 4:33 PM
- Mark Zuckerberg battles Elon Musk as ‘Epic Rap Battles’ returns to YouTube Saturday 3:30 PM
- George Papadopoulos’ wife deletes Twitter account after embarrassing herself in self-congratulatory tweet Saturday 2:18 PM
- Trump surrogate gets dunked on for sipping a $25 ‘gin and tonic’ with a straw Saturday 1:12 PM
- How to watch Cruz Azul vs. Monterrey online for free Saturday 11:30 AM
- Virginia teacher fired for refusing to use trans student’s preferred pronouns Saturday 11:09 AM
- How to watch UFC 231 online Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘ReMastered: Who Killed Jam Master Jay?’ dives a little too deep into conspiracy Saturday 7:00 AM
‘They all end up running for their lives—and they can only run for so long.’
Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller was supposed to be fighting in a high-profile, big-money bout. Claressa Shields was supposed to be participating in a women’s boxing mega-fight. Instead, Miller will face the little-known Bogdan Dinu on Saturday night, and Shields will try to win three middleweight titles vs. Hannah Rankin on the undercard—and you can watch it all for free on DAZN.
Miller originally called out heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua for what would have been the most high-profile fight of his career and a chance to win Joshua’s three belts. But Joshua chose another direction, forcing the undefeated Miller to wait. Shields, meanwhile, was signed to fight Christina Hammer in a bout that would have featured two of the sport’s most dominant female fighters. But Hammer had to bow out with an unknown medical condition, forcing Shields to turn to Rankin.
For Saturday’s contests, Miller and Shields are both enormous betting favorites—for example, you’d have to bet $10,000 on Shields just to win $100—but since they’re both dynamic fighters, they’re also always worth watching.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch the Miller vs. Dinu live stream.
“Big Baby” Miller vs. Dinu and Shields vs. Rankin
- When: Saturday, Nov. 17 at 9pm ET
- Where: Kansas Star Arena in Mulvane, Kansas
- Streaming: DAZN (free with one-month trial)
Big Baby Miller vs. Dinu live stream: How to watch for free
The only way to watch these four pugilists in the U.S. is to stream it on the DAZN platform. DAZN allows first-time users a free one-month trial, and you can cancel at any time. Sign up here to get started.
DAZN has begun to make a big impact on the boxing world, especially with the recent Joshua vs. Alexander Povetkin heavyweight showdown and the upcoming Canelo Alvarez vs. Rocky Fielding event on Dec. 15. Matchroom Boxing-promoted fighters have been featured on the service since it began streaming in the U.S. in September, and all three tournament brackets of the World Boxing Super Series have been shown exclusively on DAZN. It also hosts plenty of mixed martial arts events from Bellator, and DAZN now says it’s streaming more than 100 fight nights per year.
After the free one-month trial, DAZN costs $9.99 per month, but considering the number of quality fights you’ll be receiving, that’s a good deal.
To live stream Miller vs. Dinu and Shields vs. Rankin, download the DAZN app on your streaming device of choice. You can use Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4 to play it on your TV. You can also stream the fight on any computer web browser or on your iOS or Android device.
Big Baby Miller vs. Dinu
Miller is an undefeated heavyweight contender with a solid punch, a fighting style that belies his body type, and an exquisite way with words. He’s 22-0-1 with 19 knockouts, and he’s athletic and throws tons of punches per round, even though he usually weighs between 280-320 pounds for his fights.
When DAZN first announced it was making a billion-dollar investment in the sport of boxing, Miller got in the face of Joshua at the press conference and challenged him to prove that he’s the best fighter in the division. Joshua declined that option for now, meaning Miller will have to keep busy with the undefeated but unknown Dinu (18-0, 14 KOs). Miller, though, can’t take his concentration off his opponent.
“Bogdan is aggressive but that’s against guys that want to survive,” Miller said. “He’s never fought someone like me, who is going to be the aggressor in the fight. He’s light and he’s not a heavy puncher, and I’m going to be coming forward, throwing bombs and mixing it up. It’s going to be completely new to him. He’s going to try to move against me, everybody does, but then they all end up running for their lives—and they can only run for so long.”
Just ask Tomasz Adamek, Miller’s last opponent.
— 🇨🇦Glass Jaw Kal-El🏀 (@DFSBBallGuy) October 7, 2018
A victory here by Miller will help him continue to build his profile so he can eventually land a title fight vs. either Joshua or Deontay Wilder.
Shields vs. Rankin
Shields, who is 6-0 with two knockouts, already has two unified titles in the 160-pound division—she also had two belts in the 168-pound super middleweight class—and she’ll be facing a fighter in Rankin who is 5-2 with one KO.
Though it’s disappointing that Shields, a two-time Olympic gold medalist, won’t be fighting Hammer (at least, not yet), she’s expecting a good challenge from Rankin, who lost in her last fight vs. Alicia Napoleon for another middleweight world title.
Shields, though, is not infallible, as she showed by getting knocked down by Hanna Gabriel for the first time in her career the last time she fought.
— SHOWTIME Boxing (@ShowtimeBoxing) June 23, 2018
Although Rankin doesn’t have any impressive victories in her career, Shields isn’t taking her lightly.
“Hannah has been [Hammer’s] toughest sparring partner, so I am going to make her pay just for that,” Shields said. “It’s not a letdown for me, just getting in the ring and being able to fight is a joy to me, it makes me happy. Hannah has turned down another fight to take this shot and we’re fighting as a co-main event on DAZN, so it should be fun.”
Shields vs. Rankin live stream schedule
- Jarrell “Big Baby” Miller vs. Bogdan Dinu
- Claressa Shields vs. Hannah Rankin
- Nico Hernandez vs. Josue Morales
- Brandon Rios vs. Ramon Alvarez
- Gabe Rosado vs. Luis Arias
- Anthony Sims Jr. vs. Colby Courter
- Nikita Ababiy vs. Javier Rodriguez
- Manny Thompson vs. Leroy Jones
- Jeremy Nichols vs. Jeremiah Page
New to cord-cutting? Here are our picks for the best movie streaming sites of 2018 and free live TV apps and channels. If you’re looking for a specific channel, here’s how to watch HBO, Showtime, Starz, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, AMC, FX, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, CNBC, FS1, TBS, TNT, Golf Channel, Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, Lifetime, Discovery, PBS, the CW, BBC, CSPAN, NBA TV, MTV, the Weather Channel, and NFL RedZone without cable, as well as free movies on YouTube. If you’re on the move, here’s how to watch Fox Sports Go and live stream NBC Sports.
Josh Katzowitz is the Weekend Editor for the Daily Dot and covers the world of YouTube. His work has appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, and Los Angeles Times. He’s also a longtime sports writer, covering the NFL for CBSSports.com and boxing for Forbes. His work has been noted twice in the Best American Sports Writing book series.