- Trump posts altered pics on social media to make fingers look longer, report Today 3:20 PM
- Twitch user banned after telling woman to ‘kill yourself’ during stream Today 3:06 PM
- Facebook introduces ‘Community Actions’ tool to petition the government Today 2:04 PM
- Sarah Sanders, NRA deliver truly misguided MLK tributes today Today 12:58 PM
- MAGA teen who confronted Native elder says he ‘respects all races’ Today 12:57 PM
- Popular YouTube channel in danger of disappearing because of copyright claims Today 12:24 PM
- The Krassensteins’ Reddit AMA gets trolled off the internet Today 12:08 PM
- No, Trump didn’t break open the Pizzagate scandal in 2011 Today 11:23 AM
- Producer of anti-abortion film says Facebook refuses to run his ads Today 10:58 AM
- Ja Rule thinks he was also a victim of Fyre Fest Today 10:21 AM
- YouTube beef between RiceGum and H3H3 gets ugly—and personal Today 10:02 AM
- ‘Fox & Friends’ accidentally airs obituary graphic for Ruth Bader Ginsburg Today 9:40 AM
- Ocasio-Cortez helps Donkey Kong Twitch streamer raise money for trans rights Today 8:09 AM
- ‘Soni’ is a smart crime drama with poignant observations on inequality Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Arrow’ online for free Today 7:00 AM
Beyoncé recently performed at the private wedding of the richest man in India’s daughter, leaving many social media users wondering exactly what it costs to book the star for a private event.
Over the weekend, Beyoncé performed at a private wedding in India. pic.twitter.com/3O3Areo1MQ
— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) December 9, 2018
First of all, how rich do you have to be to have BEYONCÉ perform at your wedding?!
— tim hell. (@itsTimHell) December 9, 2018
Beyoncé performed at the pre-wedding party for 27 year-old Isha Ambani and her fiancé, 33 year-old Anand Piramal, CNN reports. The couple will officially wed on Wednesday. While it is unclear exactly how much it cost to schedule Beyoncé for the performance, celebrity booking site Capital Xtra reports the singer’s flat rate is at least $2,000,000.
People are shocked that Beyoncé was only the pre-wedding performer, rather than being hired as the performer for the actual wedding. Others simply cannot fathom the amount of money required for her to even show up.
You know your dad is rich when he can afford to hire Beyonce to sing at your PRE-wedding party. What do you do for the actual wedding — pay someone to resurrect John Lennon? https://t.co/lc1AbIFyjq
— chris morran (@themorrancave) December 10, 2018
OH MY GODDDDD pic.twitter.com/m3njevpcz5
— rachel (@yoncechanel) December 9, 2018
that’s wild that there’s a wedding so big that beyoncé performed and hillary clinton showed up and I have not heard of it until today. imperialism won.
— Myles E. Johnson (@hausmuva) December 9, 2018
Frederick Joseph (@fredtjoseph) had one bright idea, though:
If Beyoncè performs at my wedding y’all are buying tickets to get in. https://t.co/vSgWvEVit8
— Frederick Joseph (@FredTJoseph) December 10, 2018
If Beyoncé was the performer, how much would you sell tickets to your wedding for?
Alexis Tatum studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Orange magazine and the Daily Texan.