- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
Beyoncé recently performed at the private wedding of the richest man in India’s daughter, leaving many social media users wondering exactly what it costs to book the star for a private event.
Over the weekend, Beyoncé performed at a private wedding in India. pic.twitter.com/3O3Areo1MQ
— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) December 9, 2018
First of all, how rich do you have to be to have BEYONCÉ perform at your wedding?!
— tim hell. (@itsTimHell) December 9, 2018
Beyoncé performed at the pre-wedding party for 27 year-old Isha Ambani and her fiancé, 33 year-old Anand Piramal, CNN reports. The couple will officially wed on Wednesday. While it is unclear exactly how much it cost to schedule Beyoncé for the performance, celebrity booking site Capital Xtra reports the singer’s flat rate is at least $2,000,000.
People are shocked that Beyoncé was only the pre-wedding performer, rather than being hired as the performer for the actual wedding. Others simply cannot fathom the amount of money required for her to even show up.
You know your dad is rich when he can afford to hire Beyonce to sing at your PRE-wedding party. What do you do for the actual wedding — pay someone to resurrect John Lennon? https://t.co/lc1AbIFyjq
— chris morran (@themorrancave) December 10, 2018
OH MY GODDDDD pic.twitter.com/m3njevpcz5
— rachel (@yoncechanel) December 9, 2018
that’s wild that there’s a wedding so big that beyoncé performed and hillary clinton showed up and I have not heard of it until today. imperialism won.
— Myles E. Johnson (@hausmuva) December 9, 2018
Frederick Joseph (@fredtjoseph) had one bright idea, though:
If Beyoncè performs at my wedding y’all are buying tickets to get in. https://t.co/vSgWvEVit8
— Frederick Joseph (@FredTJoseph) December 10, 2018
If Beyoncé was the performer, how much would you sell tickets to your wedding for?
Alexis Tatum studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Orange magazine and the Daily Texan.