- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
Beyoncé recently performed at the private wedding of the richest man in India’s daughter, leaving many social media users wondering exactly what it costs to book the star for a private event.
Over the weekend, Beyoncé performed at a private wedding in India. pic.twitter.com/3O3Areo1MQ
— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) December 9, 2018
First of all, how rich do you have to be to have BEYONCÉ perform at your wedding?!
— tim hell. (@itsTimHell) December 9, 2018
Beyoncé performed at the pre-wedding party for 27 year-old Isha Ambani and her fiancé, 33 year-old Anand Piramal, CNN reports. The couple will officially wed on Wednesday. While it is unclear exactly how much it cost to schedule Beyoncé for the performance, celebrity booking site Capital Xtra reports the singer’s flat rate is at least $2,000,000.
People are shocked that Beyoncé was only the pre-wedding performer, rather than being hired as the performer for the actual wedding. Others simply cannot fathom the amount of money required for her to even show up.
You know your dad is rich when he can afford to hire Beyonce to sing at your PRE-wedding party. What do you do for the actual wedding — pay someone to resurrect John Lennon? https://t.co/lc1AbIFyjq
— chris morran (@themorrancave) December 10, 2018
OH MY GODDDDD pic.twitter.com/m3njevpcz5
— rachel (@yoncechanel) December 9, 2018
that’s wild that there’s a wedding so big that beyoncé performed and hillary clinton showed up and I have not heard of it until today. imperialism won.
— Myles E. Johnson (@hausmuva) December 9, 2018
Frederick Joseph (@fredtjoseph) had one bright idea, though:
If Beyoncè performs at my wedding y’all are buying tickets to get in. https://t.co/vSgWvEVit8
— Frederick Joseph (@FredTJoseph) December 10, 2018
If Beyoncé was the performer, how much would you sell tickets to your wedding for?
Alexis Tatum studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Orange magazine and the Daily Texan.