- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb 10 Months Ago
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation 10 Months Ago
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Today 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Today 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
Beyoncé recently performed at the private wedding of the richest man in India’s daughter, leaving many social media users wondering exactly what it costs to book the star for a private event.
Over the weekend, Beyoncé performed at a private wedding in India. pic.twitter.com/3O3Areo1MQ— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) December 9, 2018
First of all, how rich do you have to be to have BEYONCÉ perform at your wedding?!— tim hell. (@itsTimHell) December 9, 2018
Beyoncé performed at the pre-wedding party for 27 year-old Isha Ambani and her fiancé, 33 year-old Anand Piramal, CNN reports. The couple will officially wed on Wednesday. While it is unclear exactly how much it cost to schedule Beyoncé for the performance, celebrity booking site Capital Xtra reports the singer’s flat rate is at least $2,000,000.
People are shocked that Beyoncé was only the pre-wedding performer, rather than being hired as the performer for the actual wedding. Others simply cannot fathom the amount of money required for her to even show up.
You know your dad is rich when he can afford to hire Beyonce to sing at your PRE-wedding party. What do you do for the actual wedding -- pay someone to resurrect John Lennon? https://t.co/lc1AbIFyjq— chris morran (@themorrancave) December 10, 2018
OH MY GODDDDD pic.twitter.com/m3njevpcz5— rachel (@yoncechanel) December 9, 2018
that’s wild that there’s a wedding so big that beyoncé performed and hillary clinton showed up and I have not heard of it until today. imperialism won.— Myles E. Johnson (@hausmuva) December 9, 2018
Frederick Joseph (@fredtjoseph) had one bright idea, though:
If Beyoncè performs at my wedding y’all are buying tickets to get in. https://t.co/vSgWvEVit8— Frederick Joseph (@FredTJoseph) December 10, 2018
If Beyoncé was the performer, how much would you sell tickets to your wedding for?
Alexis Tatum studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Orange magazine and the Daily Texan.