- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
Beyoncé recently performed at the private wedding of the richest man in India’s daughter, leaving many social media users wondering exactly what it costs to book the star for a private event.
Over the weekend, Beyoncé performed at a private wedding in India. pic.twitter.com/3O3Areo1MQ— Karen Civil (@KarenCivil) December 9, 2018
First of all, how rich do you have to be to have BEYONCÉ perform at your wedding?!— tim hell. (@itsTimHell) December 9, 2018
Beyoncé performed at the pre-wedding party for 27 year-old Isha Ambani and her fiancé, 33 year-old Anand Piramal, CNN reports. The couple will officially wed on Wednesday. While it is unclear exactly how much it cost to schedule Beyoncé for the performance, celebrity booking site Capital Xtra reports the singer’s flat rate is at least $2,000,000.
People are shocked that Beyoncé was only the pre-wedding performer, rather than being hired as the performer for the actual wedding. Others simply cannot fathom the amount of money required for her to even show up.
You know your dad is rich when he can afford to hire Beyonce to sing at your PRE-wedding party. What do you do for the actual wedding -- pay someone to resurrect John Lennon? https://t.co/lc1AbIFyjq— chris morran (@themorrancave) December 10, 2018
OH MY GODDDDD pic.twitter.com/m3njevpcz5— rachel (@yoncechanel) December 9, 2018
that’s wild that there’s a wedding so big that beyoncé performed and hillary clinton showed up and I have not heard of it until today. imperialism won.— Myles E. Johnson (@hausmuva) December 9, 2018
Frederick Joseph (@fredtjoseph) had one bright idea, though:
If Beyoncè performs at my wedding y’all are buying tickets to get in. https://t.co/vSgWvEVit8— Frederick Joseph (@FredTJoseph) December 10, 2018
If Beyoncé was the performer, how much would you sell tickets to your wedding for?
Alexis Tatum studies journalism at the University of Texas at Austin. She's an editorial intern with the Daily Dot. Her work has appeared in Orange magazine and the Daily Texan.