- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Today 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Today 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Today 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Today 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Today 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Today 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Today 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Today 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Today 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Today 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Today 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Today 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Today 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Today 6:00 AM
Beyoncé Instagrams congratulations for Kimye wedding, Internet completely loses it
Queen Bey takes passive-aggressiveness to new heights by ducking out of the Kimye nuptials, but congratulating the couple on Instagram.
If you’re well-versed in Degrassi: The Next Generation trivia, you know that Beyoncé and Kim Kardashian are basically the Paige and Manny of Hollywood. There was that time Beyoncé allegedly snubbed Kim Kardashian at a music festival, and that other time Bey tried to avoid a stop-and-chat with Kim at her dermatologist. And that time Kim tried to steal Beyoncé’s lead role in a Jay and Silent Bob-themed musical by stealing a school bus and driving across country to audition. (Oh, wait, that’s Degrass, my b.)
When it was reported that Bey and Jay weren’t attending Kimye’s opulent Florentine wedding this weekend, some speculated that tensions between the two had reached a boiling point. But if Beyoncé’s Instagram is to be trusted, that apparently isn’t the case. While Bey and Jay were reportedly sunning themselves in the Hamptons, the singer blessed the Kimye nuptials by posting a portrait of the couple from a Vogue photo shoot, marking one of the first few times she’s acknowledged Kim:
The sweet message, however, didn’t quell the suspicions of Beyoncé’s Instagram followers, who speculated on the reasons behind her absence from the Kimye nuptials. “Girl yo dirty ass coula went to them people wedding,” one wrote. Another suggested that Bey and Jay’s absence was related to Jay-Z’s leaked elevator fight with Solange Knowles last week, which many have suggested stemmed from Jay’s relationship with designer and Kardashian BFF Rachel Roy.
Nonetheless, we share Bey’s message of felicitations for the happy couple—and whatever the reason for Bey and Jay’s absence, I’m sure it’ll all be revealed on next week’s episode of Degrassi.
H/t Jezebel | Photo by nonu photography/Flickr (CC BY SA 2.0)
EJ Dickson is a writer and editor who primarily covers sex, dating, and relationships, with a special focus on the intersection of intimacy and technology. She served as the Daily Dot’s IRL editor from January 2014 to July 2015. Her work has since appeared in the New York Times, Rolling Stone, Mic, Bustle, Romper, and Men’s Health.