- Daniel Caesar dons cape for whiteness—and gets canceled Wednesday 4:29 PM
- Triton is a new malware ‘deliberately’ designed to put lives at risk Wednesday 3:23 PM
- ‘Into the Dark: I’m Just F*cking with You’ is one of the series’ best Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Trump’s latest prop, a map of ISIS, gets memed Wednesday 12:54 PM
- HBO sends fans on a global scavenger hunt for 6 Iron Thrones Wednesday 11:51 AM
- The Awkward Family Photos game is Cards Against Humanity for meme lovers Wednesday 11:50 AM
- London firefighters’ organization accuses ‘Peppa Pig’ of sexism Wednesday 11:41 AM
- YouTuber accused of abusing her children to make kid-friendly content Wednesday 11:20 AM
- Ari Fleischer’s Iraq War tweet isn’t going over well Wednesday 10:54 AM
- Cop arrested for recording man’s genitals, forcing mentally ill man to twerk Wednesday 10:37 AM
- MoviePass rebrands its unlimited plan, again Wednesday 10:37 AM
- Former Alaska senator launches meme-filled 2020 primary campaign Wednesday 10:17 AM
- The Shane Dawson cat controversy has resulted in these sex memes Wednesday 10:06 AM
- Sarah Sanders mocks CNN reporter with ‘dear diary’ tweet Wednesday 9:03 AM
- Know what you’re signing up for thanks to these dating site reviews Wednesday 8:58 AM
Jay-Z serenaded her, and Queen Bee loved it.
Jay-Z gave his wife a birthday tribute fit for a queen.
The rapper was performing at Philadelphia’s Made in America festival Sunday night when he prompted the massive crowd to sing Beyoncé the traditional “Happy Birthday” song—and Stevie Wonder’s revamped version.
A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on
“This is a special moment,” Jay-Z told fans before beginning the touching singalong.
Beyoncé, who turned 36, could be seen in the crowd sporting a huge smile during the performance.
Jay-Z’s serenade wasn’t the only thing Beyoncé had to smile about during her birthday weekend. In celebration, several of her closest friends and family members paid tribute to the star by participating in a photo shoot that recreated Bey’s iconic outfit from her “Formation” music video.
On Beyoncé’s website, friends like former first lady Michelle Obama, Destiny’s Child bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and tennis superstar Serena Williams can be seen sporting the outfit. Even daughter Blue Ivy Carter donned the famous ensemble.
A post shared by Beylite (@beylite) on
Beyoncé’s birthday is truly a gift that keeps giving.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.