- Report finds some users can’t opt out of Facebook’s face recognition Monday 7:27 PM
- Get emotional over this real-life pastor baptizing an anime girl in virtual reality Monday 6:53 PM
- Twitter wants to know what Jack in the Box did to offend Kim Kardashian Monday 6:38 PM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ meme claims King’s Landing is an ‘inside job’ Monday 6:06 PM
- Report: Personal data of 49 million Instagram influencers exposed online Monday 4:57 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer Monday 4:02 PM
- What Daenerys’ biggest ‘Game of Thrones’ scenes have in common with Nazi propaganda Monday 3:12 PM
- Here’s what’s coming to Amazon Prime in June Monday 2:11 PM
- Where did Jon Snow go? Unpacking the ‘Game of Thrones’ ending Monday 2:04 PM
- So, did anyone actually win ‘Game of Thrones’? Monday 1:29 PM
- The surprising religious subtext of ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’ Monday 12:53 PM
- Robin Arryn got hot—and the internet is seriously shook Monday 12:40 PM
- Tana Mongeau is going to VidCon a year after TanaCon disaster Monday 12:12 PM
- What have 2020 Democrats said about Alabama’s abortion ban? Monday 11:36 AM
- People keep throwing milkshakes at the U.K.’s far-right politicians Monday 11:10 AM
Jay-Z serenaded her, and Queen Bee loved it.
Jay-Z gave his wife a birthday tribute fit for a queen.
The rapper was performing at Philadelphia’s Made in America festival Sunday night when he prompted the massive crowd to sing Beyoncé the traditional “Happy Birthday” song—and Stevie Wonder’s revamped version.
A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on
“This is a special moment,” Jay-Z told fans before beginning the touching singalong.
Beyoncé, who turned 36, could be seen in the crowd sporting a huge smile during the performance.
Jay-Z’s serenade wasn’t the only thing Beyoncé had to smile about during her birthday weekend. In celebration, several of her closest friends and family members paid tribute to the star by participating in a photo shoot that recreated Bey’s iconic outfit from her “Formation” music video.
On Beyoncé’s website, friends like former first lady Michelle Obama, Destiny’s Child bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and tennis superstar Serena Williams can be seen sporting the outfit. Even daughter Blue Ivy Carter donned the famous ensemble.
A post shared by Beylite (@beylite) on
Beyoncé’s birthday is truly a gift that keeps giving.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.