- The new ‘Cats’ trailer is here to make you want to claw your eyes out Thursday 7:59 PM
- Bella Thorne claims Tana Mongeau ‘broke girl code’ in a series of messy tweets Thursday 7:00 PM
- Redditors keep this data engineer’s plants alive for him Thursday 5:20 PM
- Professor writes article defending ‘Asian romantic preference’—and no one is here for it Thursday 4:57 PM
- Ditch Pornhub and support adult content creators instead Thursday 4:46 PM
- Fans grieve Kyoto Animation Studio fire with #PrayforKyoAni Thursday 4:18 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Secret Obsession’ isn’t just terrible—it’s boring as hell Thursday 3:30 PM
- Instagram expands experiment of hiding likes to 6 more countries Thursday 3:20 PM
- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish Thursday 12:55 PM
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp Thursday 12:41 PM
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Thursday 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying women can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Thursday 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Thursday 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Thursday 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Thursday 9:53 AM
Jay-Z serenaded her, and Queen Bee loved it.
Jay-Z gave his wife a birthday tribute fit for a queen.
The rapper was performing at Philadelphia’s Made in America festival Sunday night when he prompted the massive crowd to sing Beyoncé the traditional “Happy Birthday” song—and Stevie Wonder’s revamped version.
A post shared by The Shade Room (@theshaderoom) on
“This is a special moment,” Jay-Z told fans before beginning the touching singalong.
Beyoncé, who turned 36, could be seen in the crowd sporting a huge smile during the performance.
Jay-Z’s serenade wasn’t the only thing Beyoncé had to smile about during her birthday weekend. In celebration, several of her closest friends and family members paid tribute to the star by participating in a photo shoot that recreated Bey’s iconic outfit from her “Formation” music video.
On Beyoncé’s website, friends like former first lady Michelle Obama, Destiny’s Child bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and tennis superstar Serena Williams can be seen sporting the outfit. Even daughter Blue Ivy Carter donned the famous ensemble.
A post shared by Beylite (@beylite) on
Beyoncé’s birthday is truly a gift that keeps giving.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.