- Grammy winner Kacey Musgraves spoiled ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4’ 4 Years Ago
- Conservatives feel vindicated by new developments in Jussie Smollett case Today 12:19 PM
- Don Cheadle made important fashion choices on ‘SNL’ Today 9:47 AM
- Why the Twitter left loves to dunk on Max Boot Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch ‘Last Week Tonight with John Oliver’ online for free Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Francis Ngannou vs. Cain Velasquez for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the 2019 Daytona 500 for free Today 5:50 AM
- 7-year-old YouTuber to get his own show on Nickelodeon Saturday 5:30 PM
- ‘Hipster’ jobs are trending, and Indeed says the market is booming Saturday 3:33 PM
- Trump meme removed after copyright complaint Saturday 2:15 PM
- Facebook pushes back against moderators complaining about ‘Big Brother’ environment Saturday 12:46 PM
- Twitter hid post from an account linked to Iran’s Supreme Leader Saturday 10:17 AM
- How to stream Leo Santa Cruz vs. Rafael Rivera for free Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Larry Charles’ Dangerous World of Comedy’ finds the balance between tragedy and comedy Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to stream Michael ‘Venom’ Page vs. Paul Daley for free Saturday 7:00 AM
From OK Go to ‘Uptown Funk,’ treadmill dancing is a YouTube staple.
Walking on a treadmill is difficult enough, but some YouTubers take their workouts to the next level and add sick dance moves to the mix. From bands whose music video creativity earned them a spot in YouTube history to dancers working out to buzzing radio singles, the world of treadmill dancing is vast and entertaining. We compiled the five best treadmill dance examples from YouTube.
5) Nordic Track’s ‘World’s Largest Treadmill Dance’
Sure, it’s an advertisement for Nordic Track, but the sheer volume of treadmills makes this a must-watch. With professional dancers doing a choreographed routine that spans 40 treadmills, it may not have the homespun style of most of the rest of our list, but it’s an impressive video nonetheless. Besides, you can’t have treadmill dancers without a company making a treadmill for them to dance on.
4) Marcus Dorsey, the dancing treadmill guy
Some treadmill dancers don’t need music; their art is all in the moves. Marcus Dorsey is one such man, and he captured millions of hearts last year when a clip of him dancing across treadmills at a fitness center went viral. He even landed a guest appearance on The Doctors to show off his fitness achievements. He’s reportedly dropped two sizes treadmill dancing.
This man not only shows off his moves to the Maroon 5 track “Moves Like Jagger,” he also lip syncs along with some interpretive dance moves to boot.
2) Carson Dean, ‘Uptown Funk’
The newest treadmill dance to hit the market, acrobatic dancer Carson Dean does a solo routine to Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars’ latest hit, “Uptown Funk.” It’s a song that makes you want to strut, so endless strutting on a treadmill makes perfect sense. The public agrees, to the tune of 1.4 million views in only a few days.
1) OK Go, ‘Here It Goes Again’
You can’t really consider treadmill dance videos without respecting the grandfather of them all. OK Go made massive digital waves when their video for “Here It Goes Again” hit YouTube in 2006, featuring an elaborate treadmill dance. It had 50 million views, was taken down and reposted, and now has 25 million views and counting. It spring-boarded OK Go to mainstream recognition and set off a series of other elaborate videos from the group. They’ve even performed the iconic treadmill dance at live events, so there’s no mistaking their treadmill prowess.
Photo via Christopher Carfi / flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.