- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
5 amazing treadmill dance routines that will make you sweat
From OK Go to ‘Uptown Funk,’ treadmill dancing is a YouTube staple.
Walking on a treadmill is difficult enough, but some YouTubers take their workouts to the next level and add sick dance moves to the mix. From bands whose music video creativity earned them a spot in YouTube history to dancers working out to buzzing radio singles, the world of treadmill dancing is vast and entertaining. We compiled the five best treadmill dance examples from YouTube.
5) Nordic Track’s ‘World’s Largest Treadmill Dance’
Sure, it’s an advertisement for Nordic Track, but the sheer volume of treadmills makes this a must-watch. With professional dancers doing a choreographed routine that spans 40 treadmills, it may not have the homespun style of most of the rest of our list, but it’s an impressive video nonetheless. Besides, you can’t have treadmill dancers without a company making a treadmill for them to dance on.
4) Marcus Dorsey, the dancing treadmill guy
Some treadmill dancers don’t need music; their art is all in the moves. Marcus Dorsey is one such man, and he captured millions of hearts last year when a clip of him dancing across treadmills at a fitness center went viral. He even landed a guest appearance on The Doctors to show off his fitness achievements. He’s reportedly dropped two sizes treadmill dancing.
This man not only shows off his moves to the Maroon 5 track “Moves Like Jagger,” he also lip syncs along with some interpretive dance moves to boot.
2) Carson Dean, ‘Uptown Funk’
The newest treadmill dance to hit the market, acrobatic dancer Carson Dean does a solo routine to Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars’ latest hit, “Uptown Funk.” It’s a song that makes you want to strut, so endless strutting on a treadmill makes perfect sense. The public agrees, to the tune of 1.4 million views in only a few days.
1) OK Go, ‘Here It Goes Again’
You can’t really consider treadmill dance videos without respecting the grandfather of them all. OK Go made massive digital waves when their video for “Here It Goes Again” hit YouTube in 2006, featuring an elaborate treadmill dance. It had 50 million views, was taken down and reposted, and now has 25 million views and counting. It spring-boarded OK Go to mainstream recognition and set off a series of other elaborate videos from the group. They’ve even performed the iconic treadmill dance at live events, so there’s no mistaking their treadmill prowess.
Photo via Christopher Carfi / flickr (CC BY 2.0) | Remix by Max Fleishman
A former YouTube reporter for the Daily Dot, Rae Votta has more than a decade of experience in the digital and entertainment industries. Her work has appeared on AOL, Huffington Post, Out Magazine, Logo, VH1, Current TV, Billboard, and NYMag. She joined Netflix in 2016.