- Lawsuit alleges YouTube’s unboxing videos are ‘abusive’ ads aimed at kids Sunday 3:48 PM
- Dr. Dre shades Lori Loughlin with Instagram flex about his daughter getting into USC Sunday 3:13 PM
- University of Georgia frat’s racist Snapchat video draws campus outrage Sunday 1:21 PM
- Facing criticism for eating fish, vegan YouTube star Rawvana speaks out Sunday 10:47 AM
- Arnold Schwarzenegger chases mini-pony in new TikTok video Sunday 9:19 AM
- Review: ‘Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice’ is a cut above the rest Sunday 8:00 AM
- Where do 2020 Democratic candidates stand on healthcare? Sunday 7:30 AM
- How to (legally) stream live TV on Kodi Sunday 7:00 AM
- ‘Delhi Crime’ tackles inequality and women’s rights Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 STP 500 at Martinsville Speedway for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets ‘canceled’ over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
Survive the new year with the 360 best songs from 2018.
For the seventh time, the Daily Dot’s music stans have made you a 24-hour, 360-song playlist of the year’s best music. Listen to it below.
It’s not just a dump of songs—it’s a mixtape. You can listen to it A-Z and never hear the same artist twice. (Except for, you know, Drake and then a song by another rapper featuring Drake.) In a year where teens found new music by searching for “sad music” on SoundCloud, and mainstream rock finally became unlistenable, and major labels planned release strategies around social media spats, and “Spotify” became a genre defined by soft vibes that lull you into not turning off the stream, there was an unquantifiable lot of great music. (Just read Bandcamp’s wonderful year-end list of indies—one I looked to for some of these playlist selections.)
- A Weezer argument on ‘SNL’ is the most 2018 thing to happen this year
- Inside the booming black market for Spotify playlists
- Why TikTok is 2018’s app of the year
This thing took nine people to construct. I had to go through and cut the duplicates, so by virtue of the fact that these people appeared in every mix-maker’s batch, these are the Daily Dot’s favorite musicians of the year:
Father John Misty
The Love Language
Oneohtrix Point Never
Shannon and the Clams
Thee Oh Sees
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
The 2018 Long Player, a Daily Dot tradition since 2012, is here to power our lonely holiday season.
The best songs of 2018: A long Spotify playlist
Thanks to mix contributors Joshua Bradshaw, David Covucci, Blake Hurtik, Lauren L’Amie, Austin Powell, Tara Seetharam, Alexis Tatum, and Harrison Yeager.
Check out past iterations of the year-end mix:
Ramon Ramirez is the news director, and formerly the Dot's entertainment editor and evening editor. His work has appeared in the Washington Post, Grantland, Washington City Paper, Austin American-Statesman, and Austin Monitor.