- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Sunday 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Sunday 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Sunday 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
A person’s Halloween costume choice can say a lot about their character. Store-bought or homemade? Classic witch or zeitgeist-friendly pizza rat? Harmless Disney character or potentially offensive joke?
With these factors in mind, it’s time to judge some celebrity Halloween costumes.
Straight off the bat, we already knew that Neil Patrick Harris and family would choose some of the best costumes on the market. Harris and his husband David Burtka always make an effort for Halloween, taking a different themed family portrait every year. This time round, it was Star Wars.
Then there’s Heidi Klum, whose joint Halloween parties with ex-husband Seal were downright iconic. This year she hosted the party solo, dressed as a terrifyingly realistic Jessica Rabbit.
We’re loving Gerard Way’s decision to go as Captain Phasma from The Force Awakens.
Don’t know if I’m wearing Phasma to the episode vii premier because I may want plain clothes for maximum comfort while viewing
— Gerard Way (@gerardway) November 1, 2015
Jessica Alba and her friend Kelly Sawyer went for an awesome two-person costume: Romy and Michele from the underrated ’90s classic Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion.
A photo posted by Jessica Alba (@jessicaalba) on
Superheroes were a popular theme, to the surprise of absolutely no one. Alyssa Milano threw back to her Wonder Woman costume, while Kourtney Kardashian cosplayed Captain America with a team of superhero kids as backup.
Finally, we’ve got to hand it to Taylor Swift for staying on-brand for Halloween. She dressed as Olaf from Frozen and brought Idina Menzel (dressed as Elsa) onstage to join her in singing “Let It Go.” Swift never passes up an opportunity for a concert cameo.
Update 9:48am CT, Nov. 2: Slightly late to the party but worth the wait: Jessica Simpson posted her National Lampoon costume to Instagram on Sunday afternoon.
A photo posted by Jessica Simpson (@jessicasimpson) on
Photo via NPH/Instagram
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor