- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Taylor Swift. Neil Patrick Harris. Heidi Klum. Which celebrity chose the best Halloween costume this year?
A person’s Halloween costume choice can say a lot about their character. Store-bought or homemade? Classic witch or zeitgeist-friendly pizza rat? Harmless Disney character or potentially offensive joke?
With these factors in mind, it’s time to judge some celebrity Halloween costumes.
Straight off the bat, we already knew that Neil Patrick Harris and family would choose some of the best costumes on the market. Harris and his husband David Burtka always make an effort for Halloween, taking a different themed family portrait every year. This time round, it was Star Wars.
Then there’s Heidi Klum, whose joint Halloween parties with ex-husband Seal were downright iconic. This year she hosted the party solo, dressed as a terrifyingly realistic Jessica Rabbit.
We’re loving Gerard Way’s decision to go as Captain Phasma from The Force Awakens.
Don’t know if I’m wearing Phasma to the episode vii premier because I may want plain clothes for maximum comfort while viewing
— Gerard Way (@gerardway) November 1, 2015
Jessica Alba and her friend Kelly Sawyer went for an awesome two-person costume: Romy and Michele from the underrated ’90s classic Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion.
A photo posted by Jessica Alba (@jessicaalba) on
Superheroes were a popular theme, to the surprise of absolutely no one. Alyssa Milano threw back to her Wonder Woman costume, while Kourtney Kardashian cosplayed Captain America with a team of superhero kids as backup.
Finally, we’ve got to hand it to Taylor Swift for staying on-brand for Halloween. She dressed as Olaf from Frozen and brought Idina Menzel (dressed as Elsa) onstage to join her in singing “Let It Go.” Swift never passes up an opportunity for a concert cameo.
Update 9:48am CT, Nov. 2: Slightly late to the party but worth the wait: Jessica Simpson posted her National Lampoon costume to Instagram on Sunday afternoon.
A photo posted by Jessica Simpson (@jessicasimpson) on
Photo via NPH/Instagram
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor