- MSNBC is out of its mind over Sanders leading Nevada 4 Years Ago
- Kim Kardashian dragged for using makeup to darken her hands Today 4:13 PM
- TikTok users show how they turned their vehicles into incredible tiny homes Today 3:44 PM
- Woman iconically pranks man who sent her an unsolicited d*ck pic Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Terrifying’ deepfake puts Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk in ‘Star Trek’ Today 1:06 PM
- A 36-year-old called the cops after being booted from parents’ phone plan Today 12:16 PM
- People think novelist Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus in 1981 thriller Today 10:22 AM
- Twitter suspends 70 pro-Bloomberg accounts Today 9:15 AM
- In documentary ‘Modern Whore,’ a former escort takes control of her own narrative Today 6:30 AM
- Cara Delevingne calls out Justin Bieber for ‘ranking’ wife Hailey’s friends Friday 9:07 PM
- Fans defend Jenna Marbles after some people claimed she mistreated her dogs in a recent video Friday 8:37 PM
- ‘Friends’ gets reunion special on HBO Max, fans go wild Friday 7:37 PM
- Why you should drop everything and start reading ‘Lore Olympus’ Friday 6:27 PM
- ‘Boogaloo’ memes are trying to organize a second civil war—and they’re spreading fast Friday 3:48 PM
- People are disturbed by these McDonald’s-scented candles Friday 3:47 PM
A person’s Halloween costume choice can say a lot about their character. Store-bought or homemade? Classic witch or zeitgeist-friendly pizza rat? Harmless Disney character or potentially offensive joke?
With these factors in mind, it’s time to judge some celebrity Halloween costumes.
Straight off the bat, we already knew that Neil Patrick Harris and family would choose some of the best costumes on the market. Harris and his husband David Burtka always make an effort for Halloween, taking a different themed family portrait every year. This time round, it was Star Wars.
Then there’s Heidi Klum, whose joint Halloween parties with ex-husband Seal were downright iconic. This year she hosted the party solo, dressed as a terrifyingly realistic Jessica Rabbit.
We’re loving Gerard Way’s decision to go as Captain Phasma from The Force Awakens.
Don’t know if I’m wearing Phasma to the episode vii premier because I may want plain clothes for maximum comfort while viewing
— Gerard Way (@gerardway) November 1, 2015
Jessica Alba and her friend Kelly Sawyer went for an awesome two-person costume: Romy and Michele from the underrated ’90s classic Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion.
A photo posted by Jessica Alba (@jessicaalba) on
Superheroes were a popular theme, to the surprise of absolutely no one. Alyssa Milano threw back to her Wonder Woman costume, while Kourtney Kardashian cosplayed Captain America with a team of superhero kids as backup.
Finally, we’ve got to hand it to Taylor Swift for staying on-brand for Halloween. She dressed as Olaf from Frozen and brought Idina Menzel (dressed as Elsa) onstage to join her in singing “Let It Go.” Swift never passes up an opportunity for a concert cameo.
Update 9:48am CT, Nov. 2: Slightly late to the party but worth the wait: Jessica Simpson posted her National Lampoon costume to Instagram on Sunday afternoon.
A photo posted by Jessica Simpson (@jessicasimpson) on
Photo via NPH/Instagram
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor