- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Thorne and Mongeau started dating in 2017. They had a very public, polyamorous relationship, as Thorne was also dating rapper Mod Sun at the time. In February of 2019, fans were made aware of the breakup between Thorne and Mongeau after Thorne tweeted, “Tana and I aren’t together anymore, pls stop asking.”
A few months after that, Thorne and Mod Sun also broke up. In June, Tana confirmed that she was engaged to YouTube star Jake Paul. So Bella did what any heartbroken millennial would do and let everyone know she was in her feels about the engagement via Instagram.
“When ur ex gets engaged,” she wrote, along with two tear-stained selfies.
Everyone assumed all was well after Thorne wished Mongeau happy birthday on Instagram with an old picture of the two sharing an intimate moment on a boat. Seemingly out of nowhere on Wednesday, a whole lot of drama unfolded on Twitter between the former couple. In one tweet, Thorne claimed that they are “no longer good” because Tana “broke girl code.”
“Wtf is this,” a confused Mongeau replied, adding that Thorne only uses Twitter when she is mad, but pretends to care in real life.
????? imagine taking every time ur mad at me to twitter but then telling ppl how much u care about me.................... wtf is this b :/— TANA TURNS 21 ON MTV OUT NOW (@tanamongeau) July 17, 2019
Thorne turned up the drama dial, claiming that Mongeau only started dating her for Twitter clout and was refusing to answer her phone to talk.
“I’ve been texting you every minute since you tweeted, and for you to be tweeting me something as hurtful as saying I dated you for Twitter is literally fucking nuts & if you honestly think that damn I lost you,” Mongeau replied.
dude what are you doing bella? like i have no idea why you’re mad, i’ve been texting you every minute since you tweeted, and for you to be tweeting me something as hurtful as saying I dated you for Twitter is literally fucking nuts & if you honestly think that damn i lost you— TANA TURNS 21 ON MTV OUT NOW (@tanamongeau) July 18, 2019
Fans think Thorne’s allegation of Mongeau breaking girl code stems from Tana hanging out with Mod Sun, Thorne’s ex. Mod Sun and Mongeau dated Thorne at the same time–but not each other. Mongeau and Mod Sun were recently spotted going to dinner together.
- Bella Thorne throws shade at Tana Mongeau for Facetuning photos
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.