- A lonely grandma sought family to spend Christmas with on Craigslist Saturday 5:45 PM
- Airbnb bans white supremacists tied to Iron March forum Saturday 5:07 PM
- Did a Twitter user really get tricked into naming baby ‘Jack Ingof’? Saturday 4:46 PM
- State of emergency declared in New Orleans following ‘cyberattack’ Saturday 4:12 PM
- Video shows boy getting beat up–mom says it’s because he wore MAGA hat Saturday 3:54 PM
- Billboard changing albums chart to count YouTube streams Saturday 2:43 PM
- TikTok’s 20 most popular songs of 2019 Saturday 2:14 PM
- Greek gods memes are flooding Reddit thanks to TV reboot rumors Saturday 1:47 PM
- Anti-impeachment protesters aimlessly fumble through halls of Congress Saturday 12:54 PM
- Everything we know so far about the Xbox Series X Saturday 12:17 PM
- ASMR YouTuber Life with MaK says she was branded a ‘Nazi’ by online smear campaign Saturday 10:46 AM
- Voters duped by fake ex-Bloomberg intern’s tweet about being fired Saturday 9:47 AM
- HBO’s ‘Watchmen’ and the fantasy of competence Saturday 8:00 AM
- Cómo ver Kamaru Usman vs. Colby Covington en el UFC 245 Saturday 7:00 AM
- ‘Penis fish’ memes erupt after worms wash up on California coast Friday 5:58 PM
Thorne and Mongeau started dating in 2017. They had a very public, polyamorous relationship, as Thorne was also dating rapper Mod Sun at the time. In February of 2019, fans were made aware of the breakup between Thorne and Mongeau after Thorne tweeted, “Tana and I aren’t together anymore, pls stop asking.”
A few months after that, Thorne and Mod Sun also broke up. In June, Tana confirmed that she was engaged to YouTube star Jake Paul. So Bella did what any heartbroken millennial would do and let everyone know she was in her feels about the engagement via Instagram.
“When ur ex gets engaged,” she wrote, along with two tear-stained selfies.
Everyone assumed all was well after Thorne wished Mongeau happy birthday on Instagram with an old picture of the two sharing an intimate moment on a boat. Seemingly out of nowhere on Wednesday, a whole lot of drama unfolded on Twitter between the former couple. In one tweet, Thorne claimed that they are “no longer good” because Tana “broke girl code.”
“Wtf is this,” a confused Mongeau replied, adding that Thorne only uses Twitter when she is mad, but pretends to care in real life.
????? imagine taking every time ur mad at me to twitter but then telling ppl how much u care about me.................... wtf is this b :/— TANA TURNS 21 ON MTV OUT NOW (@tanamongeau) July 17, 2019
Thorne turned up the drama dial, claiming that Mongeau only started dating her for Twitter clout and was refusing to answer her phone to talk.
“I’ve been texting you every minute since you tweeted, and for you to be tweeting me something as hurtful as saying I dated you for Twitter is literally fucking nuts & if you honestly think that damn I lost you,” Mongeau replied.
dude what are you doing bella? like i have no idea why you’re mad, i’ve been texting you every minute since you tweeted, and for you to be tweeting me something as hurtful as saying I dated you for Twitter is literally fucking nuts & if you honestly think that damn i lost you— TANA TURNS 21 ON MTV OUT NOW (@tanamongeau) July 18, 2019
Fans think Thorne’s allegation of Mongeau breaking girl code stems from Tana hanging out with Mod Sun, Thorne’s ex. Mod Sun and Mongeau dated Thorne at the same time–but not each other. Mongeau and Mod Sun were recently spotted going to dinner together.
- Bella Thorne throws shade at Tana Mongeau for Facetuning photos
- Whoopi Goldberg stirs debate over her opinion regarding Bella Thorne’s nudes
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged?
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.